Wiki Posts
Search

I need faster lap time

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2009, 01:20 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by tc5 man
not to bad just get a little smoother on the throttle with the buggy ,and you defiely will be faster. what i try to do is when im coming close to a big jump i just give it enough throttle, so i dont over clear it and let of in the air just a bit so i can downside it.
What are you talking about? The video wasnt of him, it was one of the pros at that track.
Old 12-29-2009, 01:35 PM
Tech Prophet

that couldnt of been a pro ? in that video i was watching the first video on their.
Old 12-29-2009, 01:46 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 94 (100%+)

for my first race i marsheled the more dificult spots on the track while the "pro" drivers were out. i paid attention to there line choice there throtle timing and were there breaking points were. I found that the fast guys never had a tight turn just a sweeping turn to keep up there speed. thats how i learn, hopefully it works for you.
Old 12-29-2009, 01:51 PM
Tech Prophet

i have tried to listen were the pro guys let off the throttle, in the when they are approaching the corner but its so noisey, when theres 8 nitro engines running i cant tell lol.
Old 12-29-2009, 02:10 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

THe first thing you would be suprised about is your car and how it's set up. I'm not saying that even if it was perfect you would be faster(could be your driving) but it would for sure help. It's practice, practice, and more practice...

But make sure what your doing is good, otherwise your just practicing bad habits, etc.

I own a shop in Birmingham Alabama. It's called the Speed Shop. We do work for some of the worlds fastest drivers and regular guys just like yourself. We have helped a bunch of people go faster and show them whats wrong that Could hinder lap times/performance. The Speed Shop is a Race Preparation shop. We can give you the same level of car that is raced by the top pros any given weekend.

Check out our thread, we have great refrences. I would be glad to get your car in and go over it for you. Making you a list of things that could be improved, etc.

My email is [email protected]

Thanks!

AB
Old 12-29-2009, 02:43 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 82 (99%+)

Alan is the man to talk to when it comes to set ups!!!!

that dude can make anything fast! if he couldnt i dont think he would be in business!
Old 12-29-2009, 03:10 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Thumbs up Be patient 1st year guy....

It takes time. I immediately thought of gaining more steering in your truck. Try reducing your front caster for more low speed steering. Make your truck more aggressive. Put thicker center diff oil in it. It sounds like you drive a little cautious, and that's good so try to get your truck to turn in sharper and put a little more rear brake bias and loosen up a little on the front brake so it won't lock up on braking, so many racers tend to overlook that and push in the turn. Use the brakes early at the end of longer faster sections, and on the short slower turns brake in the turn to swing the truck around and most importantly get to the inside of the turn. Hug the pipe, then get on it hard to keep the outside guy behind you, he will try to outmotor you and get in front, don't let him, make him slow down or crash. you have to stay smooth, relax, and be smooth on the throttle, avoid ovrjumping landings. land on the landing jump and keep your truck settled for more taction. Avoid chainging setups all the time. Learn to drive what you have. Forget about guys whe show up with new engines and trucks every weekend. Don't be too nice, but avoid other trucks at all costs. Sometimes I let the ham fisted guys beat me on the start and tuck in behind them in front of the slower guys. then the speed demons all pile up and wreck in the first turn, slow down and drive around them into 1st or 2nd or even 3rd. Take a deep breath and relax and drive your own race, forget about the other guys. Drive smooth and avoid other drivers who tend to run into everyone and everything. If you have to slow down swerve or even stop, do it. No wrecks, but when you wreck it can throw you off your zone, so focus after a wreck on keeping your flow. With practice you will get back on track sooner after a wreck. Soon you will be winning races, or at least keeping up without spending a dime but on maintenance stuff....Good luck and keep at it. I've been racing for 20 years, and it's still so much fun, don't quit, keep on moving down the track........I hope this helps.
Old 12-29-2009, 04:15 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by banji
Hi,
We just had a race on our local track, I didn’t make it to the final, I was too slow. Actuly I never made it to the final.
My avg lap time is ~55 sec while all the drivers on the final have avg time of 50-51 sec.
I have one year of experience, I can now maintain my car well (no more DNO's). I also like my car setup, it is very easy drive and very stable.
I have the original XRAY XT8, all the drivers on the final have the new 09 XT8 and LOSI T 2.0 but I don't think the 5 sec are hidden on the car brand or type.

I do invest time on practice session every week but no major improvement.
Sometimes I think to go back to bashing and stop racing (even that is a lot of fun) , it might be my limited talent.
What is the best way to improve the lap time? any chance to get to the finals someday? Top 10 is enough for me
PRACTICE PRACTICE PRACTICE!! The people you are racing did not get that fast over night and in time you will get there to. Also if you are crashing 3-4 times in a 15 minute main thats where you are losing most of your time. Also slower is faster in most cases. Most of the time take the line where you can through without a problem compared to a line that may be faster but you will make a mistake more often. The more you race there is no reason why you could not make the finals some day. When I practice I sometimes feel it is not doing anything but when I compared my lap times from earlier in the season to now they are much faster. So even if you don't think you are getting better you are. Or course there is always setup, most people at our track are constantly tuning to find that .10 of a sec. Even if you think your setup is perfect most likely there is always something you can do.
Old 12-29-2009, 04:23 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

for sure on the practice, just give yourself time..

It could take a couple seasons and you will look back and say man.....I have came a long way.

I have been racing a long time and each time I hit the track I feel like I am moving forward.

Do be patient!
Old 12-29-2009, 05:18 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 2 (75%+)

Originally Posted by tc5 man
well if you have a problem where i put, the commas and periods than dont comment on what i write then.
this is not the first thread in which you've been asked about this.
is English your second language, and not what you grew up speaking?
if so, the problem people are having is that what you are writing looks like nonsense or written by an illiterate person. perhaps it best if you stop posting until you've completed some more English classes or have furthered your education so people know what you're talking about.
or just try harder.
Old 12-29-2009, 05:23 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 2 (75%+)

Originally Posted by banji
As for crashes, I'm getting better and during the semi final I crashed only once.
if you watch the fast guys you will probably note that they don't crash at all, maybe once or twice all day long and seldom in the Main/Finals. crashes can cost you half a lap or more. that should be your goal, to see how many races in a row you can get through without crashing.
Old 12-29-2009, 05:23 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by justanotherdude
this is not the first thread in which you've been asked about this.
is English your second language, and not what you grew up speaking?
if so, the problem people are having is that what you are writing looks like nonsense or written by an illiterate person. perhaps it best if you stop posting until you've completed some more English classes or have furthered your education so people know what you're talking about.
or just try harder.
The thing is, he is rude when you try to help him and tell him to rewrite things because nobody can understand them.
Old 12-29-2009, 05:30 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 82 (99%+)

Originally Posted by Chris__RC
The thing is, he is rude when you try to help him and tell him to rewrite things because nobody can understand them.
he is probably some 16 year old know it all

we all know the type... i was there about 4 years ago then the real world knocked me back a few steps..
Old 12-29-2009, 06:41 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Default Faster Lap Time

Cutting the track when no one is looking will achieve the fastest results

No but serious, It seems that slow is fast

I am definitely one of the slower guys at the track but have decent results for the amount track time I get.

Also I seem to do better when I don't constantly monkey with setup. I try to run the same setup all the time (assuming nothing is way off) as I believe you need to learn how to drive you car and not the other way around. I firmly for most there is no MAGIC setup that will make you 1 to 2 seconds faster (again assuming nothing is way off).

However, If you do get the MAGIC setup I would be more than willing to try!!!
Old 12-29-2009, 07:35 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default drive

slow is fast

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.