Wiki Posts
Search

UF1 MIDWEST

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2013, 10:13 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Dasmopar
I agree with everyone else brad was not directing his post at you.
Thanks everyone for the kind support.
Honestly I am not trying to turn anyone off or even be difficult to deal with.
I have been involved with these kinds of series for a long time, and if you dont draw the lines very early on things are out of control before you know it. Also just about everyone will want something changed to their liking, and pretty soon there is no way to stay the course. There was a bit of confusion on our parts as to how to score the points, I believe we have that resolved now and we are moving forward. If there were any issues with how the race was run it was not apparent to me. I am looking forward to Round 2 in Toledo in a week and a half, I think the competition will be as fierce as ever and the racing should be great. Despite the fact that there is money up for grabs, this is still about fun and the camaraderie that comes with F1 both full size and RC. A lot of people that I have met doing RCF1 have become life long friends from all over the place, this weekend was no different.
I will go out on a limb and say that this is not your typical RC environment, so come check it out
Old 02-12-2013, 11:47 PM
Tech Initiate

I had absolutely no problem with anything with the first series, I was ecstatic to be apart of a large F1 group. And the Brad from F1paintlabs for bring my chassis to the event so I could participate. I learned alot from everyone that was there. After watching the fgx, it made me wanna get a motor for my fgx and get that up and running. I would like to say thank you to everyone that helped me.
Old 02-13-2013, 03:27 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)
Default F1

I understand the post I also understand about running a event you can please everyone and as a race director you have to draw a line in the sand and say this is it and you will not please everyone. Anyone who puts together A event like this and runs it I give him 100 percent credit that is why I do not do this no more for airplanes contest it is hard and time consuming.
I just wanted some clarification of the tasks which I got and I am still trying to understand I there ging to be pitstops or is that not true and does the shorty packs last 15 mins or do I have to set up with my bigger packs to make 15 mins. And do we reshuffle after the first 15 min run to be bumped to another main or do we stay in the same main all 3 15 min races

Thanks Chris
Old 02-13-2013, 04:52 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Chris,

I know many people that were running shorty packs had no issues with making it the. 15 minutes. I had used an older 3200 20c Orion pack that had absolutely no issues making hte 15 minutes. When I charged that battery it took about 2300 mah.

For the heats everyone had a 3 minute qualifier in which your fastest 5 laps set the grid. Once the grid was set you remained In that group the whole day. Total laps for the day determined your finishing order for the day and you were awarded your points from 100 down. The second day you did a new 3 minute qualifier and reset the groups for that day.

It really worked out great. An example of how well it worked is Rob king,one of the fastest guys out there broke in his qualifier so he qualified 16th and was in the 3rd group. He ended up second overall for the first day.

Hopefully that answers some more of your questions.

Originally Posted by bigcracing
I understand the post I also understand about running a event you can please everyone and as a race director you have to draw a line in the sand and say this is it and you will not please everyone. Anyone who puts together A event like this and runs it I give him 100 percent credit that is why I do not do this no more for airplanes contest it is hard and time consuming.
I just wanted some clarification of the tasks which I got and I am still trying to understand I there ging to be pitstops or is that not true and does the shorty packs last 15 mins or do I have to set up with my bigger packs to make 15 mins. And do we reshuffle after the first 15 min run to be bumped to another main or do we stay in the same main all 3 15 min races

Thanks Chris
Old 02-13-2013, 05:07 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by bigcracing
Yes there will be pit stops. They are however simulated. There is a timing box device that should make an appearance at each event. After the first 5 minuets on the track he pit lane will open. One at a time the drivers visit pit lane and get a sticker placed on their cars. This shows they did in fact pit. Race stewards then trigger the pit box timer for the delay. After a set time, the device chirps and flashes a light and the driver is allowed to re-enter the race track.

I have a reedy 4100mah battery. It made the 15 minuets with no problems. I then put back in about 3100 mah per the charger. There is no need to actually change the battery.

There is no "reshuffle". You will start off the with the 15 min qualifying heat where your top five laps will set the heats for the day. The first 15 min race will be run in that order. Now where you finish in that first race then dictates what order your start in the heat for the next round. Points are then awarded for the the most laps and times in that round.

Example: Driver A TQ qualifying and starts first in the A group. Driver B is in the A group. Driver C is in the 2nd or B group. After the first race. Driver A got 90 laps, Driver B got 86 laps, and Driver C got 88 laps. Points then are awarded to Driver A at 100, Driver B at 98, and Driver C at 99. Each of the drivers stay in their respective heats for the 2nd 15 min race. Driver A will start first in the A group, Driver B will start second in the A group. Driver C will start first in the B group. Now if in the 2nd 15 min race Driver B gets more laps than Driver A, then the order will switch for the start of the 3rd 15 minute race for drivers A and B. Driver C is not affected as he is in the 2nd heat/B group.

I hope that helps.

Snowy.
Old 02-13-2013, 06:17 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

I had fun and learned a lot in the first round, thats all that matters to me!
Old 02-13-2013, 06:33 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by The Captain

I had fun and learned a lot in the first round, thats all that matters to me!
Nice
Old 02-13-2013, 06:36 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

15 minutes plus wasn't even an issue for my shorty 4.2A pack. After each round it required only 1.8A to top it off. Of course I'm one of the slower drivers so your mileage may vary.
Old 02-13-2013, 06:42 AM
Tech Elite

I think that everyone jumped on and pretty much covered the format questions, if you have any other questions feel free to ask. I have set up a coupon code on my store to get the racer price on the Pardus tires , I have been told that it is not working. If you try to buy tires and you get charged full price, please let me know.
The coupon code is UF1MIDWEST
Old 02-13-2013, 07:00 AM
Tech Adept

Default pardus rims

just a quick question to anyone, i have two broken front rims and a warped rear rim, i was able to boil them in water (thanks bp shadow for the tip)and got them removed 98% damage free. My question is ..can we mount these to tamiya foam rims or would that be considered doctoring the tires? They are a bit damaged to get them to fit back in the grooves of the pardus rims but fit over the foam rim no problem, also does it make a difference if the pardus logos are put to the inside of the rim, i did notice a bit of a difference in the sidewalls?
Good to see the points structure clarified, im good with the format for the rest of this series going forward, goin into the next round im feeling confident. Kudos to brad for how it turned out, it was unfortunate he was under the weather and couldnt accomplish alot of what he had planned to do, i will always be willing to help out if you need to take some things off your plate brad, just say the word!
Now back to the paddock to build a couple 104 beaters
Old 02-13-2013, 06:25 PM
Tech Fanatic

I would like to say that I still think picking which rounds you'd like to drop is a better idea and makes it advantageous to show up for every race. With that off the table for now the current way races are scored is much better. Now a guy can crash out for whatever reason and still have a fighting chance at salvaging his race day. Forsure a step in the right direction !
Old 02-13-2013, 07:57 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by eff one
just a quick question to anyone, i have two broken front rims and a warped rear rim, i was able to boil them in water (thanks bp shadow for the tip)and got them removed 98% damage free. My question is ..can we mount these to tamiya foam rims or would that be considered doctoring the tires? They are a bit damaged to get them to fit back in the grooves of the pardus rims but fit over the foam rim no problem, also does it make a difference if the pardus logos are put to the inside of the rim, i did notice a bit of a difference in the sidewalls?
Good to see the points structure clarified, im good with the format for the rest of this series going forward, goin into the next round im feeling confident. Kudos to brad for how it turned out, it was unfortunate he was under the weather and couldnt accomplish alot of what he had planned to do, i will always be willing to help out if you need to take some things off your plate brad, just say the word!
Now back to the paddock to build a couple 104 beaters
Never seen a warped rear wheel, but we do snap off the front inner bearing holders occasionally. We increased the life by wrapping that part with a bit of fiber tape.

Just wait until Brad gets the tires with the new inserts in stock.
Old 02-13-2013, 08:38 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by xevias
Never seen a warped rear wheel, but we do snap off the front inner bearing holders occasionally. We increased the life by wrapping that part with a bit of fiber tape.

Just wait until Brad gets the tires with the new inserts in stock.
Unless they have changed the spec in the last week, we already have them.
Old 02-13-2013, 08:56 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Brad,

I have a question, when are you gonna design a t-shirt for the series? Nothing would be cooler than a shirt with an F1 car on it and the UF1 Midwest logo. A nice black Tee would be awesome.

Old 02-14-2013, 02:55 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by BP SHADOW
Unless they have changed the spec in the last week, we already have them.
Awesome, I'm jealous. We don't get our new Pardus stuff for a couple more weeks.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.