Wiki Posts
Search

New GP 3300 SP.....FACT OR FICTION

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2003, 11:31 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default New GP 3300 SP.....FACT OR FICTION

Not sure if anyone saw the post on the orion site about these......they are claiming voltages from 1.17 to 1.19....with 1.17s being the standard....

I talked to a few other big name matchers and they say these cells are just a labeling gimmick like the EPIC zebra cells. Curious what others have heard........especially since Orion is the only one announcing these new cells....

Later EddieO
Old 11-21-2003, 12:25 AM
Tech Regular

I've heard quite the same from reliable sources. It is a new heat-shrink done specifically for Orion to distinguish the new improved cells. Other suppliers will have the very same cell, but in the old heat shrink.
Actually this cell came out already in early summer, so it's nothing that new. Curious though that Team Orion is advertising it NOW as a brand new cell.
Old 11-21-2003, 03:02 AM
Tech Master

The shrink colour looks the same as the cells that i have had a couple of months (not from Orion). The only difference appears to be the SP labelling, which is interesting as i know a driver who has some and he tells me that this is a sticker................................
Old 11-21-2003, 03:35 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

FICTION!
GP has not made SP cells for Orion.
Orion has made SP cells OUT OF the regular GP cells for their own sales.
it's nothing more than zapping/matching/the regular stuff.

YES,it's just a sticker,in fact it's out side the 1st layer of wrap.
Old 11-21-2003, 05:30 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

FACT:
GP makes a 3300 cell that is the same for everyone. IF BIG T and BIG O want to spend extra to get some "HYPED" advertisement claiming new cell all they do is throw some cash and have a special heat shring added at the point of manufaturing.

GP has been making ongoing improvements to there cells. And everyone has access to them. Look on the ROAR site there are 5 apporoved 3300 cells some only differ in lables others in dimentions. Remeber at firts they where too long to meet ROAR criteria?

GP is working on a running change in there cell though. Supposed to be a 1-1.5m reduction in length, the positive tab is going to be brought in closer to the cell.
Old 11-21-2003, 03:34 PM
Tech Elite

Default New GP 3300 SP.....FACT OR FICTION

Fiction.

Orion has previously used 'LaVco' matchers which produce higher Numbers, NOT cells that are of a higher voltage.

GP has modified the length of the cells to bring them into ROAR specs. This is all.
Old 11-22-2003, 01:37 AM
NR
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)
Default False advertising

Im sure this could be classified as false advertising. It is a marketing scam and should be stoped. Its ILLEGAL. This came off the GP Batteries website

DISCLAIMER: GP Batteries does not manufacture custom cells nor participate in any exclusive agreements to make available special cells for any company in the hobby or race car industry.

I think somebody ough to send this to orion and see what there response is??
Old 11-22-2003, 03:49 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I have been told that the newest batch of cells from gp is crap and everones number really stink. the "new" shorter cell is not producing very good results. I don't know if it has been fixed yet or not, I heard this a couple of weeks ago from a local matcher.
Old 11-22-2003, 11:16 AM
Tech Adept

Default Cells, cells and more cells...

Rookie, newby electric guy here again!

What is more important with battery cells, iternal resistance, voltage, runtime or capacity?

I just bought a new pack for tonight that is a 3300 nimh pack from FusionBatteries.com with the following numbers:

AV- 1.170 - 1.171, SEC - 413each cell, IR of 15each cell.

Are these inflated numbers? Or is this a good pack if those numbers are right?
Old 11-22-2003, 05:01 PM
Tech Initiate

NitroJohnnieD- sounds like my best racing pack, but fusion claims to have better voltage due to less heat/better connection let us know?
Old 11-22-2003, 05:16 PM
Tech Master

yup let us know... they kinda pricey though
Old 11-22-2003, 06:43 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 99 (100%+)
Default Lavco numbers

Hey Popsracer, I have yet to see some lavco numbers be higher than competition electronics numbers. I think that the lavco numbers are lower because I have seen some racers that have received cells that are "high voltage packs" and the best numbers have been 1.161 to 1.165 somewhere in that range. I would like to see who else is using lavco numbers because the 1 set of lavco numbered cells that I have are some great batteries........Let me know what you think.
Old 11-22-2003, 07:08 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Wink GP 3300S

Danny at SMC had 1.19 cells for 50 bucks a pack at the offroad Nats in Dayton. I believe he uses CE matchers so the numbers may be correct. I have seen a couple of people that have some of those packs and they are a lot faster at the track. I will try to get a hold on some of those packs and cycle them on my GFX to see if the numbers are true.
Old 11-23-2003, 02:24 AM
dtm
Tech Champion

Default Re: False advertising

Originally posted by LOSI KID
Im sure this could be classified as false advertising. It is a marketing scam and should be stoped. Its ILLEGAL. This came off the GP Batteries website
It hasn't stopped Trintiy in the past...or present....just look at the way they marketed their nito car as being their own design.....those of us in Asia know better......just like this scam about GP cells.....

GP has been making cells way before getting into the RC market.....I'm sure they don't need to be linked exclusively to Trinity to survive and make big bucks.....It is Trinty trying to piggy back onto GP to make more money....
Old 11-23-2003, 03:07 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Originally posted by KINGZJ
I have been told that the newest batch of cells from gp is crap and everones number really stink. the "new" shorter cell is not producing very good results. I don't know if it has been fixed yet or not, I heard this a couple of weeks ago from a local matcher.
Some what true..the Japanese Matchers really don`t care for the new cell since they don`t have the higher voltage like the longer cell ..but form what some of the local guru`s think is that they hold there run time longer over 10~15 charges..?? who knows thought... I have yet to see a new sell that has over 1.169

-Dave

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.