Community
Wiki Posts
Search

B.R.C.C.C (Tingalpa)

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2003, 08:54 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Sure I agree about Brendale Pullstart class - I ran in it for over a year - not every meet for that year but certainly quite a few.

What are they doing about control tyres now??

The inclusion of Champion drivers within the class out there is of concern in my opinion otherwise it would be good.
Old 02-07-2003, 10:39 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 14 (94%+)

Originally posted by heavy
open. There are people running open motors in pull start and there was an instance where a State and Nationally qualified driver was driving the latest Mugen thingy modified to take a pull start - right outside the spirit of the class - my opinion.
I agree with you on the engine thing, but I dont see anything wrong with the person in question running a mugen in the pullstart class. It happens at the ORRCA events that I have seen run at meakin in the 540 class. Maybe not to that extent, but there are a few people that are too good for the 540 class that seem to run it whenever a trophey is up for grabs.
Old 02-08-2003, 08:34 AM
Tech Addict

Default Totally Agree

I totally agree with what sparksy said about people turning out for beginner classes whenever there are trophies up for grabs. But i do have to admit, it is an eye opener to watch the pros at work even in those classes!!

Jeff
Old 02-08-2003, 10:01 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Rain .... Oh no .... what a day!
Pirvan : When are you coming back ?
Scotty : You left your chair ..... i sell it on ebay (just kidding)
Old 02-08-2003, 11:02 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally posted by b_budianto
Rain .... Oh no .... what a day!
Pirvan : When are you coming back ?
Scotty : You left your chair ..... i sell it on ebay (just kidding)
Thanks for picking up my chair no good selling it on ebay it will cost you more to log on to ebay than the chair is worth .
I will get it from you in two weeks at the next meet.

To bad about the rain but it will give me two more weeks to get the mighty Xray ready to be in the winners circle again. I hear you can get Xrays cheaper in Hong Kong if you would like to be in with a chance next meet. (only joking)

See every one then.
Old 02-09-2003, 12:04 AM
Tech Apprentice

Unfortunately, due to financial situations(or lack of) I won't be racing at all this year. Have fun people! hopefully see you all next year with a new car.

Sean
Old 02-09-2003, 12:17 AM
Tech Initiate

The Pro 4 should be out by then......
Old 02-09-2003, 01:01 AM
Tech Rookie

Originally posted by bubbajr
Unfortunately, due to financial situations(or lack of) I won't be racing at all this year. Have fun people! hopefully see you all next year with a new car.

Sean

Thanks for the support you've given me and I'm sure everyone at Wynnum will miss your wit and smiling face. Don't forget us, come down and watch us occassionly. You can use my spare car if you like. Finances are a pain, aren't they. Keep looking forward to our goal it will pay off eventually. Stay in touch.

Scott & Kassidie
Old 02-09-2003, 01:28 AM
Tech Master

Talking

RACE MEETING 9th FEBRUARY 2003

Unfortunately "mother nature" prematurely terminated our meeting today. However the two rounds we managed to squeeze in produced some close racing, but not much time to improve on any times etc. However, after saying that SUPERWADE" was running hot breaking his own lap record three times, finally achieving a 9.31s and then being the first to complete 31 laps on track 3. Having said that I understand some of his combatants were only giving him a false sense of security and claim that for the last two races they were going to take out there 1400 batteries and put the 3000's in! But due to the rain we will never know!!!! Sorry where was I - then the big bad wolf huffed and he puffed ................................!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !

As usual the 540 "crazy gang" put on a great show, I think there were 6 lead changes and that was on the fist lap!!! The whole field had a go at leading but at the end of the day "BIG BEN" and CAMERON (TQ) won a heat each.

The GAS TOURERS were dominated by CHRIS CHAPMAN who won both heats clearly followed by "EL PRESIDENTE" (we must remind Chris of all the rules!!

Finally the open gas were again a bit of a double act with ALAN BEVAN leading the way ahead of MARK CHOUNDING. Alan was within a whisker (0.1s) of beating Lindsays "laps completed" record, better luck next time!

Not much we can do about the rain but hope to see you all on Sunday 23rd February 2003.

Mark
Old 02-10-2003, 02:22 PM
Tech Addict

Default Rain

Bloody rain i had a ball and the xray was on the ball for my crappy driving.But ill be back to have another go sweeeeet.
Old 02-11-2003, 12:37 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally posted by bubbajr

Sean
Sean,

You will be sadly missed.....

Not having a car to race or not having the funds to afford to do it is a hard one to deal with. I hope we will see you from time to time around the place.

Cheers,

Andrew " Also carless and has no money"
Old 02-11-2003, 09:51 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Re: Re: Know where you're coming from!

Originally posted by hooked_on
I think is just another chance to bash brendale. It clearly looks like some electric drivers are stronly opposed to the club and it's members? But at the end of the day being a gas driver and wanting to run at the best facilites and have the best quality of racing it appears i have to make the trip over to brendale. It appers Wynnum does not want to cater for those that want as much track time at brendale for the qlds or the australians and as a result loose some members.
Does it clearly look like some electric drivers are strongly opposed to the Brendale club and it's members Andrew?
The only comment I saw on this thread that might have given you this opinion is Heavy commenting on top level drivers competing in the Brendale pull-start class. This hardly amounts to making your comment make sense, so if there is more to it, then back it up with proof instead of being controversial for it's own sake. Dave's experience in racing and administrating R/C affords his opinion more respect than your comment shows. If my assumptions are wrong, then state your case clearly instead of muck-racking.
You end your post by bagging the Wynnum club (not the first time either), when you had opened your post by saying others were Brendale-bashing. Unbelievable! You are a HYPOCRITE!
Never forget your roots Andrew.
Keith M.
Old 02-12-2003, 04:42 AM
Tech Addict

Default Changing days

Well when i see u driving a car then maybe u can comment.I enjoy driving on different tracks as i believe it makes u a better driver.Why should clubs change there days brendale dosent care if people from wynumm or meakin go so why get so up tight about it.Drive where u want to and enjoy the hobby.
Old 02-12-2003, 05:52 AM
Tech Master

To give those that don't know what was said an idea:

"Brendale changed their week, we have remained on the same week as from last year. Brendale had never done %^&* all for us so why should we bend over backwards for them? We get more numbers from Meakin Park so we would be better off staying on opposite weeks to them."

No need for that language! Andrew.

I was also at that meeting and they were not the words used, and there is no need to use bad language on this forum, I suggest you edit it!

We have already covered this ground and the decision was made to keep are calendar the same, it wasn’t taken without a great deal of thought.

This year’s calendar has been finalised and will not be changed but hopefully this problem can be rectified next year, but it might need more than one club to sort the calendars out.

We did not want to clash with any club because which ever way we went it would prevent people racing at one club or another, it’s a real shame that now people who want to race have to decide which track they should go to instead of having the option of going to all the race meetings if they wanted to. No club would want to keep people away, but the decision was made to remain on the opposite weekend as Meakin.

(Taken from B.R.C.C.C. thread on 6.1.2003)
If we changed our weekend as well we would then follow a late night at Meakin, some also may be running off-road with the Chargers and then prior to that Friday night at Brendale the gas and electric tourers. As I mentioned before the only way to avoid any clashing with racing days was for Brendale to go back to the
'other” weekend or for Bayside, Meakin, Chargers on and off-road to change their calenders. Perhaps in future all the clubs can communicate with each other prior to the end of the season so we do not have a problem with the calendars.

Perhaps the “serious” racer might be prepared to arrive home around mid-night and get up on a Sunday at 7am to race again, but a majority of the racers only come to race and have a bit of fun and a relaxing day and want and need time to prepare their pride and joy, so they would have to make a decision either to race Saturday or Sunday.

I’m sure most of the guys and gals who race at Meakin, Brendale, Yeronga, Wynnum etc have a great time because at the end of the day it’s only a hobby and each and every person has the choice to race where they like!

Mark
Old 02-12-2003, 08:01 AM
Tech Fanatic

Can our club afford to compete against Brendale, for example to become a member of Brendale we pay $120 dollars a year, we pay $60 dollars for Wynnum, value for money and the differences in facilities will speak for themselves.
As membership officer on the committee for the Q.R.C.C.R.A at Brendale I have to correct you on your figures.

The fee's for membership at the Q.R.C.C.R.A are as follow. Membership year starts on June 30 half year membership applies from December 31

Scale Tourers: $40.00 per annum or $20.00 if joining after Dec 31
(read friday night racing)

Junior (16 years or under): $30 per annum or $15 if joining after Dec 31

Senior: $75 per annum or $37.50 if joining after Dec 31

Family (Parent/ Gaurdian & Junior/S: $100 per annum or $50 if joining after Dec 31

Key Deposit if wanted: $25 refundable on return

Now as for Brendale never having done **** all for you . The committee was never contacted on any occasion by any other Brisbane based clubs regarding our racing calendar or theirs. We race on both Friday nights so it would have clashed with which ever one your club decided on. So what exactly would you like us to do for you, and maybe I can bring it up at the next committee meeting and see if we can help ?

Hope this clears up any confusion on the Q.R.C.C.R.A's fee's. Feel free to join us for racing any weekend, we have racing of one form or another every Friday night and every Sunday. Contact me for specific calendars.

The Q.R.C.C.R.A. home of the QLD I.C. State Titles & this years Australian I.C. and Large Scale Championships.

(200mm Pro Tourers, 1/10 235mm 4wd and 1/8th scale state titles August 8 to 11)
(1/5th state titles August 28th-31)

Australian Titles for 200mm Pro Tourers, 1/10 235mm 4wd and 1/8th scale October 3rd to 6th

Australian Titles for 1/5th scale October 23rd to 26th

Cheers Alastair

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.