Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Tosolini vs. Me

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2005, 01:59 AM
Tech Apprentice

Default Tosolini vs. Me

Hi I'm the drifter that Chris owes $20 to. Here's a lovely little breakdown.

1. Us "drifters" (as some of the ignorants here have so nicely chosen to word it) have every right to be at Socal Raceway on the Friday PRACTICE Sessions ON THE TRACK AND NOT IN THE PARKING LOT!

2. Us "drifters" were on the track before the "Professionals" were on.

3. Unlike the "professionals", us "drifters" always wait until the track is clear and take our turns.

4. Us "drifters" are very nice people who always have been kind to others at Socal. (some of us have been going there for a year now)

5. Because of this incident "drifters" have been banned from using the ABS tire medium which is preferred by myself as well as others.

6. I am in full belief that Chris intentionally hit me. It was not a one time occurence. He had hit me hard at least 4 other times let alone hitting my fellow "drifters" many times before breaking my rear A-Arms, both rear camber turnbuckle ball cups, and bent both rear hinge pins.

7. After Chris hit my car I said sarcastically "Oh great that's awesome, thank you!" To which the "professional" snapped back at me "We're trying to practice here!" To which I replied "Yeah I paid my 7 bucks, so I can be here."

8. I'm pretty certain Brian Kinwald was not on the track during this incident. He however came over to talk to me about it the week after.

9. I've never had a problem with Brian @ Socal. He has always been very nice to us and shares the track all the time. He even offered to pay for yokomo drift rings for us after the ABS ban.

10. He then defended Chris stating that he didn't think what he did was intentional....I respected his opinion and stated mine. He also said "Do you know who he is?" Which I didn't because I don't follow "Real R/C Racing". It doesn't matter at all who the hell he is.

11. A few of you have stated what a great guy Chris is. A few of you have stated what a jerk he is. Pretty sure you all know which side of the teeter-totter I stand on... I've also heard from a source @ Novak that Chris has been bragging about hitting me on some forum out there. (Which is rumor of course until proven)

12. All I know is that he did not apologize once for hitting any of us "drifters" at any time nor did he personally offer to pay for my parts nor apologize for acting like he did.

13. Something else I know is that I'm going to get the $20 I had to spend to fix my car. Wheather he gives it to me, or his sponsors. One way or another I will get it. It's not about the money at all. It's the prinicple. I don't allow people to treat me like this.

14. I will be having a word with Chris personally next time I see him @ Socal. I will also be visiting or writing a letter to Chris's sponsors letting them know how their "professional" is representing their good name in public. I just hope they listen to me and don't defend him because of "who he is". I read he's been fired from a team before so I assume it's not too far from the truth.

15. Thank you for reading my side of the story. I have nothing to gain by lying about this. I'm simply standing up for myself and my friends who really enjoy drifting our cars @ socal on fridays unless crap like this happens. I'm really more pissed that he ruined my day of fun more than the fact that he smashed my car.

16. Before another person downplays the Hobby of R/C Drifting all I will say is that your just jealous. You know it looks fun as hell. You know it's something new and refreshing. So why do you have to hate us for having fun another way than you do? It's just ignorant. Well if you still have fun anymore with it. I don't ever get the feeling that any grip drivers have fun with it anymore. Please take us seriously. Some of us are on the verge of becoming sponsered and that is just really cool.

Thanks again,
Nathan Thompson

Last edited by pigeonfarmboy; 02-02-2005 at 02:55 AM.
Old 02-02-2005, 02:09 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

comment number 16 is ridiculous and ruined you're post.
Old 02-02-2005, 02:13 AM
Tech Apprentice

I don't see how it's "rediculous and ruins my post" It's how I feel. I'm not being a jerk. Just expressing what I see everytime I see grip racers as a whole. I know there are some that have a blast. And that's what R/C Cars are all about. It just irritates me to see people take it soooo seriously.

So you have nothing else to say other than negative stuff? How about some opinions on the matter? Something worthy of posting at least.
Old 02-02-2005, 02:19 AM
Tech Elite

I dont think comment #16 was ridiculous. But not everyone that doesn't play drifting RC hates it. I don't.
Old 02-02-2005, 02:20 AM
Tech Apprentice

It's not directed to those people It's for "anyone that downplays drifting"
Old 02-02-2005, 02:25 AM
Shop Owner

I sympathize you and agree to try and get your money for principal reasons.

Originally posted by Tim_Gaukroger
comment number 16 is ridiculous and ruined you're post.
Totally aggreed! Maybe commenting as ridiculus is too much but for sure ruins your post!

You just put flame on the "drifters" vs "grip racers" and on top of that you to the "grip racers" what they do to you!!

There is no reason to do that, I like grip you like drift, so what?? As long as we don't practise same time everybody should be happy enjoy doing their HOBBY!

Nick
Old 02-02-2005, 02:32 AM
Tech Apprentice

You just agreed with the rediculous comment and then agreed with the 16th topic in one post.... All I want is for grip racers to be fair to us. And us to be fair to them. That's what you want as well and that's what the 16th topic is about. There was no flame intended. It's just a general statement that I think holds very true in what's going on now in the r/c car world.

And it doesn't matter if it's their job. It is a public facility that allows us to be there. If that interferes with their job, they need to find another location or take it up with management. Either way, acting like it's his job would be a great start.
Old 02-02-2005, 02:39 AM
Tech Master

Originally posted by lee82gx
I dont think comment #16 was ridiculous. But not everyone that doesn't play drifting RC hates it. I don't.
I guess we're both lucky it's my opinion then ay
Old 02-02-2005, 04:02 AM
Tech Elite

i recon drifting is really cool and i'd like to give it a go, but i can see how the "grippies" can get pissed of with the "slippies".

as a grippy you're not familiar with how a drift car works so you are not totally concious of what will happen next. this causes crashes.

ask your track to have a drifters day and a normal day, or seperate practice times.

what the other guy did was a bit "tossie" if it is as you have described it.

some people don't like drifting because it is mainly a fun, non serious thing and cannot therefore justify them spending heaps of cash on what is otherwise just toy cars disguised with a big price tag and expensive option parts.

keep drifting but not when you have normal cars on the track, these are currently the most popular tourers therfore have bigger decision clout at the track on when and how things are run. just discuss it as a group with fellow racers before a race day.

Old 02-02-2005, 04:29 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 22 (96%+)

Let me help you in your cause - call Robbie at Superior Hobbies/Corally USA in Orlando.
Old 02-02-2005, 04:45 AM
Tech Apprentice

Default Re: Tosolini vs. Me

One small line for this post -> what a childish way to try to settle this!

Grow up, it's a tough world out there...

Originally posted by pigeonfarmboy
Hi I'm the drifter that Chris owes $20 to. Here's a lovely little breakdown.

1. Us "drifters" (as some of the ignorants here have so nicely chosen to word it) have every right to be at Socal Raceway on the Friday PRACTICE Sessions ON THE TRACK AND NOT IN THE PARKING LOT!

2. Us "drifters" were on the track before the "Professionals" were on.

3. Unlike the "professionals", us "drifters" always wait until the track is clear and take our turns.

4. Us "drifters" are very nice people who always have been kind to others at Socal. (some of us have been going there for a year now)

5. Because of this incident "drifters" have been banned from using the ABS tire medium which is preferred by myself as well as others.

6. I am in full belief that Chris intentionally hit me. It was not a one time occurence. He had hit me hard at least 4 other times let alone hitting my fellow "drifters" many times before breaking my rear A-Arms, both rear camber turnbuckle ball cups, and bent both rear hinge pins.

7. After Chris hit my car I said sarcastically "Oh great that's awesome, thank you!" To which the "professional" snapped back at me "We're trying to practice here!" To which I replied "Yeah I paid my 7 bucks, so I can be here."

8. I'm pretty certain Brian Kinwald was not on the track during this incident. He however came over to talk to me about it the week after.

9. I've never had a problem with Brian @ Socal. He has always been very nice to us and shares the track all the time. He even offered to pay for yokomo drift rings for us after the ABS ban.

10. He then defended Chris stating that he didn't think what he did was intentional....I respected his opinion and stated mine. He also said "Do you know who he is?" Which I didn't because I don't follow "Real R/C Racing". It doesn't matter at all who the hell he is.

11. A few of you have stated what a great guy Chris is. A few of you have stated what a jerk he is. Pretty sure you all know which side of the teeter-totter I stand on... I've also heard from a source @ Novak that Chris has been bragging about hitting me on some forum out there. (Which is rumor of course until proven)

12. All I know is that he did not apologize once for hitting any of us "drifters" at any time nor did he personally offer to pay for my parts nor apologize for acting like he did.

13. Something else I know is that I'm going to get the $20 I had to spend to fix my car. Wheather he gives it to me, or his sponsors. One way or another I will get it. It's not about the money at all. It's the prinicple. I don't allow people to treat me like this.

14. I will be having a word with Chris personally next time I see him @ Socal. I will also be visiting or writing a letter to Chris's sponsors letting them know how their "professional" is representing their good name in public. I just hope they listen to me and don't defend him because of "who he is". I read he's been fired from a team before so I assume it's not too far from the truth.

15. Thank you for reading my side of the story. I have nothing to gain by lying about this. I'm simply standing up for myself and my friends who really enjoy drifting our cars @ socal on fridays unless crap like this happens. I'm really more pissed that he ruined my day of fun more than the fact that he smashed my car.

16. Before another person downplays the Hobby of R/C Drifting all I will say is that your just jealous. You know it looks fun as hell. You know it's something new and refreshing. So why do you have to hate us for having fun another way than you do? It's just ignorant. Well if you still have fun anymore with it. I don't ever get the feeling that any grip drivers have fun with it anymore. Please take us seriously. Some of us are on the verge of becoming sponsered and that is just really cool.

Thanks again,
Nathan Thompson
Old 02-02-2005, 04:45 AM
Tech Fanatic

Wow,
sounds like Toso is showing his A#$ again.
Old 02-02-2005, 04:54 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

By the sound of it, it sounds like it is the management of Socal that is to blame, they are obviously two completely different class of car and therefore should not be on the track together, another example would be putting 1/5th scale cars on the track the same time as electic stock it is just asking for trouble.

Personally i think drifting is a complete waste of time, but i am intelligent enough to realise there are mongs out there who like it, if there are enough demand for a class of drifters then there should be segregated track time, wether it be seperate blocks on the one night or seperate nights completely.

Creating a thread just cause the guy who hit you is sponsored is pretty ridiculous. Hopefully the moderators realise this is a childish user having a whine and will close the thread.
Old 02-02-2005, 04:59 AM
Tech Master

This has just been dredged up from a while back when the thread was locked. Just let it die dont go dragging this crap all over the internet with no response from Toso.
And sponsored for drifting
Old 02-02-2005, 05:01 AM
Tech Elite

This seems to be one of the effective ways of solving it.
With his real name posted I dont think this is a poison pen letter anymore.
Many sponsored drivers are acting tough, thinking it's their living so they push to the limit, sometimes to the extent of ignoring all the other normal people.

Let's not make this a 'drift vs. grip' thread.
Of course, the pigeonfarmboy did himself no favours by actually starting that argument.

The focus should go back to the point that
the sponsored driver in question is not behaving as well as he should. If it's all true, I think it was a bad example of how a public person should behave. He shouldn't forget that he's actually racing on money from people like pigeonfarmboy.

Anyone seen the movie Mr.3000 lately? Remarkably similar

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.