T.O.P Racing's Rebel 1/12th scale >

T.O.P Racing's Rebel 1/12th scale

Like Tree12Likes

T.O.P Racing's Rebel 1/12th scale

Old 11-05-2011, 06:31 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default New build

Well I should be finish with it tomorrow with final touches, new wire, motor and of course body

Last edited by Infinite 12th; 11-05-2011 at 06:52 PM.
Old 11-05-2011, 08:51 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 95 (100%+)

It's about time Infinite 12th. lol
Old 11-05-2011, 09:07 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Josh-n-ya
It's about time Infinite 12th. lol
Umm two months to get enough to race is pretty quick IMHO and I still have to borrow battery and charger and paragon

I won't be racing tomorrow but next time mod if their are two more racers for a class

Otherwise I have to pay someone back for the speedo and maybe I'll get a 13.5 next month for when their is not two other mod racers

Old 11-05-2011, 09:52 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Infinite 12th
Well I should be finish with it tomorrow with final touches, new wire, motor and of course body

Tjek your side links , looks like you have mounted them up site down
Old 11-05-2011, 10:44 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Infinite 12th
Umm two months to get enough to race is pretty quick IMHO and I still have to borrow battery and charger and paragon

I won't be racing tomorrow but next time mod if their are two more racers for a class

Otherwise I have to pay someone back for the speedo and maybe I'll get a 13.5 next month for when their is not two other mod racers

Wasn't downing you dude! Just hearing you talk about it for two months seemed like forever, thats all. I'm glad your finally almost there. Hey in your picture it also looks as though your center shock needs to be the other way with the body facing down. At least thats what i was told from OD and Sharpe. Maybe they were just messing with me.
Old 11-05-2011, 10:48 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Originally Posted by johnsen-dk
I run them like that also. I dont like the recessed part on top. Unless your springs are PERFECT they will click on the ledge of the link once in a while.

that is crazy annoying to me so from the very first build I had on this car about a year ago I have been running the links upside down and have had pretty good success with it.
Old 11-06-2011, 06:58 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by johnsen-dk
One of the reasons I bought the car was the spring holders but they don't work as I thought

Wasn't downing you dude! Just hearing you talk about it for two months seemed like forever, thats all. I'm glad your finally almost there. Hey in your picture it also looks as though your center shock needs to be the other way with the body facing down. At least thats what i was told from OD and Sharpe. Maybe they were just messing with me.
I am kinda worn out with excitement also. Should be good to go next time if my work goes well this week

OD and Sharpe are the village elders and have vowed to always mess with everyone

Yea upside down keeps the bubbles if any away from the piston. I have to glue it also since it has slop that you can feel

Originally Posted by L.Fairtrace
I run them like that also. I dont like the recessed part on top. Unless your springs are PERFECT they will click on the ledge of the link once in a while.

that is crazy annoying to me so from the very first build I had on this car about a year ago I have been running the links upside down and have had pretty good success with it.
Having the perfect spring is ideal but perfect springs are hard to find

I will probably go through several packs of springs to have the collection I want for ft and side
Old 11-06-2011, 07:05 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Nice ride Kelly.
Good to see it's coming together.
Old 11-06-2011, 07:35 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by RedBullFiXX
Nice ride Kelly.
Good to see it's coming together.
Thank you

I made you a awesome song collection but not sure you got it?
Old 11-06-2011, 09:32 AM
Tech Adept

Default Motor mount

Hi

What kind of motor mount are you running ?? Have this weekend been racing at the local track , and found that the new motor mount gives a little more steering in to the corner over the stock one. Was unlucky to bend it and have to change to the stock one , and it gave a lot of understeer. But what of the 2 types are you using ??

Thanks

Michael
Denmark
Attached Thumbnails T.O.P Racing's Rebel 1/12th scale-po-rch004rd.jpg  
Old 11-06-2011, 10:38 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Are you guys using the screws that came with the kit to mount the rear tires? it seems like they are too short to hold the tires on firmly.

Also, which threaded axles fit the Rebel? I keep dropping the little e-clip.
Old 11-06-2011, 07:00 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Delawareguy
Are you guys using the screws that came with the kit to mount the rear tires? it seems like they are too short to hold the tires on firmly.

Also, which threaded axles fit the Rebel? I keep dropping the little e-clip.
The screws work that come with the kit. They are a little softer than most other screws but get newer harder srews the same size thread. I replaced my front axles with associated 12r5 and get rid of that damn e-clip. After losing a few dozen trying to put those things on i said forget it.
Old 11-06-2011, 07:54 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

The screws work that come with the kit. They are a little softer than most other screws but get newer harder srews the same size thread. I replaced my front axles with associated 12r5 and get rid of that damn e-clip. After losing a few dozen trying to put those things on i said forget it.
Are there certain wheels that won't work on the car? It seems like the stock screws just aren't long enough.

My build is almost done. Thanks to everyone that provided answers to my many questions along the way.
Old 11-06-2011, 08:14 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Delawareguy
Are there certain wheels that won't work on the car? It seems like the stock screws just aren't long enough.

My build is almost done. Thanks to everyone that provided answers to my many questions along the way.
Well I'm not sure on that one. I was using CRC wheels and Parma. I thought they all mounted the same. What brand wheel are you trying too use, or do you know? If you like the wheel you have just get a little longer screws of that same thread.
Old 11-06-2011, 08:18 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Buy screws from mcmaster.com. 2.5mmx10mm cap head. Their flat head screws are really good too.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.