Search

New Off Road Nitro RC- Under $400- Need Suggestions

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2011, 03:38 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

Originally Posted by NorcoPaul
or spent nearly the money....
Maybe I'm wrong wrong, but it looks like a lot of the stuff you listed you would need to buy regardless of what you start with
Old 08-18-2011, 04:59 PM
Tech Rookie

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

yes you are correct but its the value of what you are buying is what counts.....

like i said he got tools, starter box, good radio, chargers, rechargable reciever battery, glow ignitor and a great overall buggy for 600

I got a needs upgrades immediately if u wanna do anything more than ride on concrete for 300 and purchased used starter box, tools, glow ignitor, used radio, and some upgrades to be able to compete and spent another 500 on that...

yes you need things such as tools, fuel, filters, oils n grease, glow ignitor etc, but what im saying is he got most of that in his upfront cost, BRAND NEW, and still has a better overall buggy....

Im not knocking the hyper 7 by any means, now that it is durable I love it. With a faster higher torque servo for the steering and throttle, new radio and reciever, and some cnc parts it has done very well for me, but out the gate the losi outshines the hyper 10 fold....and as I stated before it came with a lot of things I had to additionally purchase....

Just take the route u feel is best for you, if you want to spend 6-800 up front for quality goods or 1000 over the next few months and still not have a top notch vehicle its up to you.

My best suggestion is to go to your local track, see what is the popular brand/class and go from there and get a competitive vehicle for that class. Not saying get the best of the best we all start near the bottom for the most part as there is a learning curve but get something that isnt as deep of a money pit as the rest in the end it will be worth it.
Old 08-18-2011, 07:24 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Find a good used buggy. You could probably pick up an RC8B pretty cheap as there is a new kit coming out next month and a lot of guys are getting rid of their RC8B to get the RC8.2. The RC8B is a great buggy, you will be just as competitive with it as the new kit until you get to an advanced pro level.
Old 08-18-2011, 10:37 PM
Tech Adept

U can start with good used old model car that was make for racing purpose such as hot bodies lightning pro,MBX5,Xray XB8 and fews others that u can buy really2 cheap.They are very strong cars and still competitive for club racing.
Old 08-18-2011, 11:23 PM
Tech Rookie

Lol man... forget all these Losi's/Ofna's or w.e just get yourself a Revo 3.3 or a T-Maxx 3.3 you can get either one brand new for $480-520 just buy nitro fuel and your set (: Replacement parts are dirt cheap and the Revo is thee toughest MT out there, a great basher !
Old 08-19-2011, 04:25 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Revo18
Lol man... forget all these Losi's/Ofna's or w.e just get yourself a Revo 3.3 or a T-Maxx 3.3 you can get either one brand new for $480-520 just buy nitro fuel and your set (: Replacement parts are dirt cheap and the Revo is thee toughest MT out there, a great basher !

What R U smokin.?.
Were talkin quality RC's not traxxas...lol.
Old 08-19-2011, 04:36 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by Trugsta
What R U smokin.?.
Were talkin quality RC's not traxxas...lol.
+1

Hahahaha that made my day
Old 08-19-2011, 07:20 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by ezsoccer7
Hi Im looking to get a new off road truggy or buggy. what are the best ones out there for under $400?
If you like nitro+offroad+jump+low cost...
may be you like this ... KYOSHO DRT 1:10 Nitro short-course truck
The new set RTR price closely to your budget.

DRT RTR kit included...
+ chassis,nitro-engine 0.18+pipe,wheel+tyre
+ remote+receiver+servo
+ body

So, you must add buy receiver-battery, fuel, glow plug... you can RUN it

This my KYOSHO DRT - RTR set
these pics is DRT RTR
these video clips is my DRT in action

my DRT on grass track.
+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

and my kidding video clip, DRT on touring track.
+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.
Attached Thumbnails New Off Road Nitro RC- Under 0- Need Suggestions-01.jpg   New Off Road Nitro RC- Under 0- Need Suggestions-22.jpg   New Off Road Nitro RC- Under 0- Need Suggestions-29.jpg   New Off Road Nitro RC- Under 0- Need Suggestions-30.jpg   New Off Road Nitro RC- Under 0- Need Suggestions-06.jpg  

Last edited by smith9turbo; 08-19-2011 at 07:36 PM.
Old 08-19-2011, 08:45 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BradS
Find a good used buggy. You could probably pick up an RC8B pretty cheap as there is a new kit coming out next month and a lot of guys are getting rid of their RC8B to get the RC8.2. The RC8B is a great buggy, you will be just as competitive with it as the new kit until you get to an advanced pro level.
Excellent advice, from a very good guy..
Old 08-20-2011, 01:36 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Trugsta
What R U smokin.?
You forgot to add "and pass the bong..."

Originally Posted by smith9turbo
If you like nitro+offroad+jump+low cost...
may be you like this ... KYOSHO DRT 1:10 Nitro short-course truck
I've always liked the SC trucks, especially the bigger Associated 1/8th scale. How do the bodies hold up on the SC trucks? They always look like they're copping a hammering from all the jumps. You can always hear the lexan body slapping away like a TC car hitting a jump. Awful noise.
Old 08-20-2011, 08:45 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by John.
I've always liked the SC trucks, especially the bigger Associated 1/8th scale. How do the bodies hold up on the SC trucks? They always look like they're copping a hammering from all the jumps. You can always hear the lexan body slapping away like a TC car hitting a jump. Awful noise.
i very like SC trucks too
My biggest SC truck is 1/5 scale Gassoline 30cc ... it's very fun

This clip... My heavy weight 1:5 SC try to jump
+ YouTube Video

these pics are my JS RALLY 5T 30cc ...