Search
Like Tree48Likes

Hyper TT 4wd 1/10th Truggy Thread

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2011, 12:30 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)
Originally Posted by bigfred819
I ran the MMP with Tekin SC4X 4.5 with a 14t pinion in my TT and it was SOOOOO AWESOME. Never got hot and it flat out hauled arse.
I run mine with a 15t pinion,it stays cool and keeps the front end down a little better.
Old 06-27-2011, 11:36 AM

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jaybird95
I run mine with a 15t pinion,it stays cool and keeps the front end down a little better.
I am running the Novak 550 5.5t with a 15T pinion. Its running awesome!!!
Old 06-27-2011, 12:54 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

I ran mine for the first time yesterday with the Tekin 4.5 (sensorless) and a 14t and it was much more than I needed for the track I was at.

I planned on going to the outdoor 1/8th scale track, but it was still pretty wet/muddy so I ended up going to the indoor track so I could run both my trucks a bit.

I'm having a problem where it seems like if I take a hard landing the electronics will shut off...not sure what's causing it though.

TT ran pretty well also with the VXL and 14t until I broke the rear upright on it.
Old 06-27-2011, 12:58 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by teknic
I ran mine for the first time yesterday with the Tekin 4.5 (sensorless) and a 14t and it was much more than I needed for the track I was at.

I planned on going to the outdoor 1/8th scale track, but it was still pretty wet/muddy so I ended up going to the indoor track so I could run both my trucks a bit.

I'm having a problem where it seems like if I take a hard landing the electronics will shut off...not sure what's causing it though.

TT ran pretty well also with the VXL and 14t until I broke the rear upright on it.
You might have a bad on/off switch. YOu can either replace it or remove it all together. Are you using the RX8 or MMPro? I had issues with the MMPro so I went to the RX8 and no more problems.
Old 06-27-2011, 01:10 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by FangsCPO
You might have a bad on/off switch. YOu can either replace it or remove it all together. Are you using the RX8 or MMPro? I had issues with the MMPro so I went to the RX8 and no more problems.
I have an MMP, I wish I would've just got the RX8, but didn't have the extra money for one at the time. I may try just removing the switch and soldering the wires together and see if that helps.

Edit: Just noticed I'm in the TT forum lol thought I was in the 10SC, it's the 10SC I'm having trouble with shutting down. Ah well same thing

On a side note, I really like the TT so far, it's my first Truggy. I was pretty surprised that after 10 minutes of run time with the VXL at 14T pinion both motor and esc were only 120 degrees. Which is about 20 degrees cooler than it ran after that amount of time in the Slash 4x4 I took it out of.
Old 06-27-2011, 01:38 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by teknic
I have an MMP, I wish I would've just got the RX8, but didn't have the extra money for one at the time. I may try just removing the switch and soldering the wires together and see if that helps.

Edit: Just noticed I'm in the TT forum lol thought I was in the 10SC, it's the 10SC I'm having trouble with shutting down. Ah well same thing

On a side note, I really like the TT so far, it's my first Truggy. I was pretty surprised that after 10 minutes of run time with the VXL at 14T pinion both motor and esc were only 120 degrees. Which is about 20 degrees cooler than it ran after that amount of time in the Slash 4x4 I took it out of.
It most likely the internal BEC in the MMPro but I'm no expert. I'm just basing that assessment on past experience. The MMPro is a great ESC but it came with a weak BEC and it just goes sometimes or causes glitches. I know when mine starting acting up. I would pull the trigger and it would start fast and then just slow down. So I borrowed a MMPro from a friend that just happen to have the Castle External BEC attached to his MMPro. I put it in and bang....I was good to race. You may want to try that first, it will run you about $19 and it's a pretty easy mod for the MMPro.
Old 06-27-2011, 01:41 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by jaybird95
I run a 15T as well and once I went to a 5-7-3 in the diffs, my front wheels stay down much more. These rigs are great and tons of fun!!!!
Old 06-27-2011, 01:47 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by FangsCPO
It most likely the internal BEC in the MMPro but I'm no expert. I'm just basing that assessment on past experience. The MMPro is a great ESC but it came with a weak BEC and it just goes sometimes or causes glitches. I know when mine starting acting up. I would pull the trigger and it would start fast and then just slow down. So I borrowed a MMPro from a friend that just happen to have the Castle External BEC attached to his MMPro. I put it in and bang....I was good to race. You may want to try that first, it will run you about $19 and it's a pretty easy mod for the MMPro.
Thanks, I'll grab one of those. I currently have a Spektrum cap on it because if I don't it glitches horribly. It seemed to be ok when I had my Castle/Neu 1410 in it, but now with the Tekin 4.5 I'm getting where it cuts off on impacts.
Old 06-28-2011, 11:39 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 88 (100%+)

I have another Ofna Hyper tt for sale just roller..comes with spares...stock wheels and tires...bk bars mounted on white wheels....original box pm for more details...
Old 06-29-2011, 02:40 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)

Is anybody running a 1/8th scale motor on their TT? I just acquired a Tekin 1700 T8 and was thinking about running it with a MMP on 2s, maybe 3s.
Old 06-29-2011, 03:35 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

I've got some random 540 motor (think it can handle up to 4s but I've only tried 3s max so far). I've just bought a Hyper TT and I was wondering how 540 motors handled these trucks? The 540 motor I have is bigger then a normal one (longer...). Is it better to have 1/8 scale electronics in these or what?
I'll be using a eZRun 60A ESC, will that be fine? How do these run on 2s? Need 3s really?
Old 06-29-2011, 05:37 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RatsacK
I've got some random 540 motor (think it can handle up to 4s but I've only tried 3s max so far). I've just bought a Hyper TT and I was wondering how 540 motors handled these trucks? The 540 motor I have is bigger then a normal one (longer...). Is it better to have 1/8 scale electronics in these or what?
I'll be using a eZRun 60A ESC, will that be fine? How do these run on 2s? Need 3s really?
No need for 1/8 scale setup. I run a longer can as well. More torque is the benefit there, so youre alright. Youll have to figure out what pinion works best for the kv of the motor you have. And the 60A is probably okay for 2s, but what Ive learned is its always better to go a little bigger esc wise for this truck. 100A is best in my opinion. I just bought a Quik 100A from hobbyking after burning up a 60A on 3s. But the ezrun might work well for you if youre not crazy bashing Oh and maybe try to score a Sidewinder SCT esc. Lots of people run em, and you could find one on here for 50 bucks probably.
Old 06-29-2011, 06:26 PM
Tech Master

Is anybody running a 1/8th scale motor on their TT? I just acquired a Tekin 1700 T8 and was thinking about running it with a MMP on 2s, maybe 3s.
I can't see how you would find the room for it. I'm running a Tekin SC4x 4.5T and that's cutting it close. Also, the 1/8 scale motor may be too heavy. I don't know. If you can fit it, give it a shot but I think that is just way too much motor for this little rig.
Old 06-29-2011, 06:29 PM
Tech Master

Has anyone tried any other type of shocks for this rig?? What else will fit??? Anyone??? I'm also curious to hear what are you current shock settings. Thanks!!
Old 06-29-2011, 06:31 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)
Way too heavy.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.