Old 05-08-2011, 12:01 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 61 (100%+)

For Sale hopped-up Cup Racer

http://www.rctech.net/forum/r-c-item...ped-185-a.html
Old 05-09-2011, 02:38 AM
Tech Apprentice

Opinions needed for my 1st mini cooper CR project,

What HPI pinion size do you recommend when using standard 65T spur and a 30,000 + rpm stock 27 turn motor ?

Also, what old school nicd or nimh capacity do you recommend for 15-20 min runs in small 100 foot car parks ?

Cheers,
Brad Sydney/Australia
Old 05-09-2011, 05:39 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by littlealex
my friend mounted savox 1357 servo and lrp x12, esc between servo and motor on his cup racer
Thanks, the Savox is a digital servo but the right size.

I was just considering a plain old garden variety one!
Old 05-09-2011, 09:32 AM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Saint Bastia
Opinions needed for my 1st mini cooper CR project,

What HPI pinion size do you recommend when using standard 65T spur and a 30,000 + rpm stock 27 turn motor ?

Also, what old school nicd or nimh capacity do you recommend for 15-20 min runs in small 100 foot car parks ?

Cheers,
Brad Sydney/Australia
Hey Brad,

I am running a 28t pinion and stock spur with 27t brushed motor's on both of my cup racers! The combo seems to be awesome and I have not had anything fail yet.

Look at either of these motors. I recommend them because that is what I run
https://www.ssl-stormerhobbies.com/c...pl?pn=FAN37104
or
http://www.rc-truckncar-tuning.com/p2k2.html

oh and add a heat sink and cooling fan if you don't plan on adding wholes to the body for cooling. Other then that you should be set!

As far as a battery I don't know what to tell ya because all I run is lipo, but I'm guessing that 4000miah should do just fine for run time.

Fox
Old 05-09-2011, 10:03 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by fritzzz
Hi,

Has anyone mounted a low profile servo in their car so that it can be mounted in the normal fashion rather than on its side?

I was considering one of these
http://www.rcmart.com/catalog/rc-ser...Path=1099_1025

If I read the manual right mounting them horizontally give more steering.

Any other suggestions for servos most appreciated.
My bluebird lo pro servo burned out in about 30 minutes of driving.... a waste
Old 05-10-2011, 01:48 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by FoxintheDen
oh and add a heat sink and cooling fan if you don't plan on adding wholes to the body for cooling. Other then that you should be set!Fox
Hey Fox,

Thks for the reply. Fwiw i picked up a few weeks ago for $20AU a brand new Trinity Green Machine Pro 3 motor. I can't exactly remember the specs but my one is rated at something like 19500rpm at 4.8 or 5v. I also have a brand new Fantom stock 27t as a spare.

Really ? Is it common practice these days to have a heat sink and fan unit combined to assist with thermal cooling on modern motors ? Admittedly its been approx fifteen years since my last RC car ( HPI RS4 Pro ), so i'm kinda on a steep learning curve at the moment

Cheers,
Brad - Sydney
Old 05-10-2011, 05:17 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by Saint Bastia
Hey Fox,

Thks for the reply. Fwiw i picked up a few weeks ago for $20AU a brand new Trinity Green Machine Pro 3 motor. I can't exactly remember the specs but my one is rated at something like 19500rpm at 4.8 or 5v. I also have a brand new Fantom stock 27t as a spare.

Really ? Is it common practice these days to have a heat sink and fan unit combined to assist with thermal cooling on modern motors ? Admittedly its been approx fifteen years since my last RC car ( HPI RS4 Pro ), so i'm kinda on a steep learning curve at the moment

Cheers,
Brad - Sydney
Any time Brad, always glad to help out a fellow rc enthusiast!

Those motor's sound like they will work just fine! I also have a Fantom stock 27t which has been a great motor!

I am a huge fan of protecting and preventing my electronics from heat. Epically with running them on race day pretty hard. It's not a necessary upgrade but a good way to protect your investment.

With motor's and esc's being so advanced it's not uncommon for them to get kind of warm. If you play with the timing on your motors at all you will notice them getting warmer. Or even after a good run at the track or during practice.

That's just my 2 sense Can't wait to see pics of what you come up with and best of luck on the build! It's a great one!

Fox
Old 05-10-2011, 07:51 AM
Tech Rookie

[QUOTE=FoxintheDen;9058279]Hey all,

I just finished my racer and drifter CR. Thought I would share some pics with ya. Let me know what ya think

---

I'm flattered you found pix of my cup racer on the web and copied the paint scheme.
Cheers,
Skottoman
Attached Thumbnails HPI Cup Racer 1M-hpi-cup-racer-1.jpg   HPI Cup Racer 1M-dsc01935.jpg  
Old 05-10-2011, 08:40 AM
Tech Initiate

[QUOTE=Skottoman;9090114]
Originally Posted by FoxintheDen
Hey all,

I just finished my racer and drifter CR. Thought I would share some pics with ya. Let me know what ya think

---

I'm flattered you found pix of my cup racer on the web and copied the paint scheme.
Cheers,
Skottoman
Hey Skottoman!

I saw the pics a long time back and bookmarked the page and when it came time to painting mine I spent probably a week looking at different paint schemes and finally decided that yours is the best I have ever seen!

I don't really like to copy other peoples work I generally just use it as a reference but man I fell in love with the way it looks! So thank you for such an inspiriting paint scheme!

Best wishes,
Fox
Old 05-10-2011, 08:50 AM
Tech Rookie

Cool!

I wasn't being sarcastic, I was truthful when I say I'm flattered! Was randomly surfing RC sites and I come to this thread every once in a while. I've had a few cup racers. for quite some time now.

I'm also very into Tamiyas, and have been doing some hybrid cup racer/tamiya setups. Here are a few.

Tamiya Alpine A110 body on Cup Racer chassis.
Cup Racer Porsche RSR on Tamiya M06 chassis.
Cup Racer BMW 2002 on Tamiya M04 chassis.
Cup Racer Lancia Stratos on Cup Racer chassis.
Cup Racer 240z on Cup Racer chassis.

Cheers,
Skottoman
Attached Thumbnails HPI Cup Racer 1M-getuserimage.asp.jpeg   HPI Cup Racer 1M-getuserimage-1.asp.jpeg   HPI Cup Racer 1M-getuserimage-2.asp.jpeg   HPI Cup Racer 1M-getuserimage33.jpeg   HPI Cup Racer 1M-getuserimage44.jpeg  

Old 05-10-2011, 09:15 AM
Tech Adept

will the 240z and the stratos fit onto an Atomic VM II without resorting to ugly holes for the shock towers? Thanks.
Old 05-10-2011, 10:04 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 94 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Skottoman
Cool!

I wasn't being sarcastic, I was truthful when I say I'm flattered! Was randomly surfing RC sites and I come to this thread every once in a while. I've had a few cup racers. for quite some time now.

I'm also very into Tamiyas, and have been doing some hybrid cup racer/tamiya setups. Here are a few.

Cheers,
Skottoman
Great looking cars.. but you're missing one! The Alfa Giulia GTA!
Old 05-10-2011, 10:04 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 94 (100%+)

Whose showing up for CharlieB's Corona Race?
Old 05-10-2011, 10:30 AM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by Raman
Great looking cars.. but you're missing one! The Alfa Giulia GTA!
I have a couple of those too. But they are ALL Tamiya, and no Cup Racer (athough you could put the shell on a CR).
Thus I didn't add them to my previous post.

Cheers,
Skottoman
Attached Thumbnails HPI Cup Racer 1M-getuserimage55.jpeg   HPI Cup Racer 1M-getuserimage6.jpeg  
Old 05-10-2011, 11:18 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by Skottoman
Cool!

Cheers,
Skottoman
Oh I wasn't being sarcastic either! I am truly grateful for such a beautiful design! I fell in love with the picture when I first saw it and now I can't stop looking at mine lol. It makes it hard to race it on the track, I don't want to scratch it lmao

You are truly a master at your paint scheme's and some beautiful hybrids! Man I wish I had a collection like yours. They are really I have ever seen!

Truly thank you! You give me inspiration to get some others and to keep perfecting my painting

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.