Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road
What would you pay to get your car hooked up? >

What would you pay to get your car hooked up?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

What would you pay to get your car hooked up?

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2011, 04:46 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 148 (100%+)
Default What would you pay to get your car hooked up?

I have a buddy that always helps me with setup and is always able to get my car dialed in. Recently he hasn't been able to come to the track with me so I send him my setup sheet and he corrects it depending on what I want the car to do. Sometimes he watches a video and makes the corrections. He has done it for me and many others at the track. I was wondering what a service like that would be worth and if there is any interest. Hes a stand up guy and I refer to him as the mad scientist.

Is there an interest for a service like this for $25? IMO $25 is a great deal to hook your car up. Just wanted to see what you guys think.
Old 04-14-2011, 04:48 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 202 (96%+)

Originally Posted by Frank L
I have a buddy that always helps me with setup and is always able to get my car dialed in. Recently he hasn't been able to come to the track with me so I send him my setup sheet and he corrects it depending on what I want the car to do. Sometimes he watches a video and makes the corrections. He has done it for me and many others at the track. I was wondering what a service like that would be worth and if there is any interest. Hes a stand up guy and I refer to him as the mad scientist.

Is there an interest for a service like this for $25? IMO $25 is a great deal to hook your car up. Just wanted to see what you guys think.
i would be hard for him to set up a truck/car without running on the track you want it set up for or knowing your driving style? no? by the way the rx lipo pack works great! thanks again!!
Old 04-14-2011, 05:02 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

do it yourself you lazy rich white boy!
Old 04-14-2011, 05:04 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jaz240
That's funny!!!
Old 04-14-2011, 05:08 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Only if it would look EXACTLY like Ryan Maifield's RC8B with the same setup.
If his setup didn't work for me I would change it a little.
Old 04-14-2011, 05:14 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

OMG this is ridiculous. First you guys try and sell those splash gaurds that anyone can make for pennies and now this.

Setup help should be free. One racer helping another. If you go on the Kyosho thread Cody Kings dad gives setup advice all day long for free.

Sorry if I have offended you but I call it like I see it.
Old 04-14-2011, 05:15 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Its all driver, let any top driver run your ride and it will look setup. The phrase tebo would still win with a tyco comes to mind
Old 04-14-2011, 05:17 PM
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by Jaz240
Hey now to each his own...
I think someone needs some frosted flakes.
Old 04-14-2011, 05:30 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

Id rather have a permawrench..someone like Cody's dad who cleaned my junk, set-up my junk and pitted for me. all I need to do is race and hang wit my homies...I would pay $25 for that
Old 04-14-2011, 05:52 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by infanterene
OMG this is ridiculous. First you guys try and sell those splash gaurds that anyone can make for pennies and now this.

Setup help should be free. One racer helping another. If you go on the Kyosho thread Cody Kings dad gives setup advice all day long for free.

Now that's funny! Free? I'm sure John Force answers the phone everytime Team Shumacher calls.

Just like the Speed Shop and others. These guys have the knowledge and it worth something. If it was free, then the phone would ring off the hook to these guys. Most people would help, but down to specific details its gonna take some time.
Old 04-14-2011, 05:54 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Frank L
Hey now to each his own...
I think someone needs some frosted flakes.
I would love some frosted flakes but somebody ate the entire box and used up all of the milk.

Orange juice was gone as well.

Dang
Old 04-14-2011, 05:56 PM
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by infanterene

You can unbunch your panties hahaha and I didnt realize that King's dad was the driver? Guess I missed something there...
Old 04-14-2011, 05:56 PM
Tech Addict

From my point of view.I like the wrenching and driving. It makes me a better racer because i understand how to setup my car and also i can help people having trouble at the track.This hobby is expensive as it is. I dont want to charge someone to set them up.I like to get people to the track not have them worry about how much to pay a guy to help me out.The best part of the hobby is racing with your friends and helping out when needed.
Old 04-14-2011, 06:00 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

if you sold your durango you would not need to pay for set up advice. you could buy a mugen and go drinking beers with the change left over
Old 04-14-2011, 06:04 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 202 (96%+)

Originally Posted by dishsoap
I would love some frosted flakes but somebody ate the entire box and used up all of the milk.

Orange juice was gone as well.

Dang
ahhh, a young one! cheerios and beer!!! whats milk? orange juice is only good with vodka!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.