Like Tree2Likes

Losi XXX-S

Old 03-14-2002, 10:23 PM
Tech Rookie

A small track might be too difficult to run a 1-way. A large open "flowing" "fast" track might be too easy to run a 1-way.
Old 03-14-2002, 10:27 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default GM batteries

Does anyone know if these are anygood?
Old 03-14-2002, 11:08 PM
Tech Regular

Food for thought on the front ball diff versus front one way.....the 2nd place finisher in Mod.....ran a ball diff front and rear....in the 2001 ROAR Nats.....and from all people.....Matt Francis!

The one way provides a little more topend, allows you to corner better in sweeper corners (more speed), but does require a different driving style.

A one way allows the inner tire to freewheel whilethe outer rim still has power applied to it.......via the one way.
Old 03-15-2002, 01:57 AM
Tech Apprentice

Default Angle of the steering rods (Question)

Hi Guys, I need your Help.

I have just installed the new Low roll center mounts and the rods of the steering is too incline. This is my opinion. I thought that it will be better if i put the ball stud from the down side instead from the upper side of the sprindle? This way the steering rods will be more parallel to the ground..

Please tell me your opinion, because this way i think the ackerman angle has changed.

Thank you in advance,

Harris
Old 03-15-2002, 03:42 AM
Tech Adept

Originally posted by acloco

A one way allows the inner tire to freewheel whilethe outer rim still has power applied to it.......via the one way.
Actually, the outer wheel will free wheel when you are on the throttle in a turn.
Old 03-15-2002, 08:41 AM
Administrator

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

actually, the front only free wheels off power..on power the power is equal front and rear.....thence the better launch out of the corners...
Old 03-15-2002, 07:12 PM
Tech Regular

wroops! Thinking too hard.....the OUTER wheel freewheels in the turn......as the distance travelled is greater.......sorry about that.

Sorry losi........but the one way works in the corners AND when off power.
Old 03-15-2002, 07:20 PM
Tech Addict

Finally somebody got it.

Both front wheels spin at the same rate when on-power with a one-way; like a live axle.

As for the more "topend"....that is a new one, never heard that before. Don't really see how...unless the front diff you are running is slipping, which it shouldn't, but that would cause a host of other problems.

The one-way give more offpower steering, thus more cornerspeed. Always. The front tires will not scrub speed when you turn them. If you have the ability to drive the car with the one-way installed, it will be faster.

In some cases, the one-way is such a handful, the few tenths you gain by running the unit, go out the window if you have a couple bobbles in the run. The tight track v. open track thing is a myth. You pretty much always run a one-way on carpet(rubber), and those track are notoriously tight.

You often have to build a setup around the one-way, so the car has plenty of traction. I also suggest turning down you brake EPA...you cannot just slam on the brakes with the one-way...you will lock up the rear tires and perform a donut. The rear tires are the only ones braking, and with the weight moving forward, the rear tires will lock easily. You can use brakes with a one-way, but they should be properly adjusted, and the tweak/weight distribution of the chassis has to be spot on.

Personally, I've run a one-way in every sedan I've ever had. In some cases, running an unsuitable spec tire, sketchy track, etc, I popped the diff back in.

Good luck.
Old 03-16-2002, 05:46 PM
Tech Regular

Default Any Ideas

I've got the turbo 35 se,and I keep getting a hook batt connection
signal on the screen.This just is'nt on one batt.but all 10 of my packs.I could under stand maybe one or two packs,But ALL ten of them?!!
Old 03-16-2002, 06:58 PM
Tech Adept

Was out running my car today and it seemed pretty planted except when making med- hard rights the rear breaks loose. Turning left no problem Running the Francis outdoor setup except stock P2K2Pro/24/90t, stock rear silver spring and stock tires(Sorex 36R and HPI X pats on way).

Any suggestions on what to check first? Don't like the tires and they don't fit the RPM rims I'm using too well. could it be one of the tires causing this?
Old 03-16-2002, 07:10 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally posted by MDM3
Was out running my car today and it seemed pretty planted except when making med- hard rights the rear breaks loose. Turning left no problem Running the Francis outdoor setup except stock P2K2Pro/24/90t, stock rear silver spring and stock tires(Sorex 36R and HPI X pats on way).

Any suggestions on what to check first? Don't like the tires and they don't fit the RPM rims I'm using too well. could it be one of the tires causing this?
Sounds like your setup is a bit off, as in not equal side to side (like chamber or possibly a oil-less shock). Another possibility is there is something binding in the front of the car.
Old 03-16-2002, 07:11 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)
Default Re: Any Ideas

Originally posted by littledog
I've got the turbo 35 se,and I keep getting a hook batt connection
signal on the screen.This just is'nt on one batt.but all 10 of my packs.I could under stand maybe one or two packs,But ALL ten of them?!!
Check your fuse in the charger.
Old 03-16-2002, 08:25 PM
Tech Regular

Default Thanks

But I figured it out.It was the battery power supply.It was below 9 volts.But thanks any way.
Old 03-17-2002, 11:23 AM
Tech Apprentice

Default one way vs. diff

so which is better for all conditions? depends on the driver and the car. in my tc-3, i run a one-way exclusively - i just could never get enough corner speed w/ a diff (of course, i'm talking about in relation to the other guys at my track). now, there are a couple guys that are smokin' fast w/ dual diffs. in my xxx-s, i've tried it w/ a one-way and it had alot of on-power steering, but didn't for work me at all, it seemed to twitchy. maybe if i spent some time getting accustomed to it, i'll be able to drive it. i'm currently running dual diffs, and i'm getting more corner speed than my tc-3 w/ a one-way. i have to admit though, the xxx-s w/ a one-way was faster, i couldn't drive faster w/ it. with the dual diffs in, my car looks "deceptively fast". what i mean by that is it looked slower on the track, but my lap times were better, and i think that is because i had better control over it. hence, i was able to drive more consistent laps (ie. on a track that pro-stock was throwing down 10.9-11.2 lap times, i threw down an 11.4 in the last 30 seconds of the race and had a string of 11.3's during the middle of the race - when the batteries and motor should be falling off a bit.)

i'm sure i'm going to try the one-way again, but for now and for me, the dual diff works best.

Last edited by diesel31; 03-17-2002 at 11:25 AM.
Old 03-17-2002, 11:53 AM
Tech Regular

I tried something yesterday that really seemed to work well and gave me the extra on power steering I needed, I noticed my car actually pull away from TC3 when exiting a turn.

Setup is basically Stock except.

0 degree kickup

60wt front & back

Green Losi springs front & back

2mm droop front

4mm droop rear

4mm ride height in front

4.5 mm ride height in back

This set up works for me on a high bite asphalt track. You will basically need to use tires according to track temp.

I have also been fooling with some gearing ratios, for stock racing.

With a P2K2 Pro I have been gearing @ 30/100 in 64 pitch. This is a final drive ratio of 6.09. Now I know alot of you here run much higher ratios, but this really gave me a nice balance of torque & rpm.

If any tries this setup let me know what think of it or what you do to mke it faster

Last edited by Ill Factor; 03-17-2002 at 12:00 PM.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.