Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Team Losi JRXS Type-R >

Team Losi JRXS Type-R

Like Tree52Likes

Team Losi JRXS Type-R

Old 11-04-2010, 10:50 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

The shrink tubing on the LCD's was not working to well for me, the pins would not stay flush with the coupling so I tried out regular shrink tubing today and it worked perfectly. I used Du-Bro 3/16" tubing, stretched it with pliers to fit over the coupling than shrank it, trimmed it and added another piece over that. The pins aren't budging at all now.
Old 11-04-2010, 11:39 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BrodieMan
The shrink tubing on the LCD's was not working to well for me, the pins would not stay flush with the coupling so I tried out regular shrink tubing today and it worked perfectly. I used Du-Bro 3/16" tubing, stretched it with pliers to fit over the coupling than shrank it, trimmed it and added another piece over that. The pins aren't budging at all now.
Stock tubing that comes with them works fine, you just need to cut it with over hang before you shrink it. After you shrink it you can trim it so it does not come in contact with the C hub when turning . I never had an issue using the stock shrink tubing.
Old 11-04-2010, 01:17 PM
Tech Fanatic

I had two pins pushing out with the stock tubing and I was concerned that it was going to dig into the coupling similar to how my XXX4 cvd's did. Regular shrink tube is working great so far and it's always in stock at my LHS.
Old 11-05-2010, 01:16 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

guys, my LCD pins bind against the dog bone's blades, as a result it's freaking stiff! That is totally unusable!!

Help?

Thanks!
Old 11-05-2010, 02:32 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by cheapskate.brok
guys, my LCD pins bind against the dog bone's blades, as a result it's freaking stiff! That is totally unusable!!

Help?

Thanks!
Are you are talking about the pin inside the diff outdrive? If so, pop the outdrive out of the diff tube and sand slightly just enough to open the slot up.
Old 11-05-2010, 05:36 AM
Tech Elite

nope, not the diff outdrives. Am i experiencing an isolated case here? basically what am trying to say is my dogbones seem to bind the LCD's pin. Any way around this? thanks!
Old 11-05-2010, 07:32 AM
Tech Fanatic

I had the same issue, the manual lists a slightly different pin for the LCD's but mine were the same as the hex pins. I ran a few packs running tight turns and being easy on the throttle. I checked the pins constantly and pushed them back in as needed. Now they have "broken" in and are working fine. I was going to sand down the dog bone opening but didn't want to over do it and cause some slop. Wish I could say the car went together perfectly but I have had a few minor issues to sort out before I had everything working perfectly. Had my first real shakedown with the car yesterday and was very pleased with how it ran. Supper fast, easy to handle and has great acceleration. You can really get on the throttle quickly with this car. And that's with only a ruler to set it up!! Can't wait to get my set up station and really dial it in. Now that I have done four or five rebuilds and know the car pretty well I have had no issues and am really happy I bought this car. If I had paid MSRP for the car maybe not as happy but for $200 I can live with a few minor build issues.

Last edited by BrodieMan; 11-05-2010 at 12:37 PM.
Old 11-05-2010, 08:37 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 141 (100%+)

just finished my build, lucky I ordered 2 kits, as I needed parts as there were 3x parts that were doubled up, which meant 3 correct parts had to be robbed from the extra kit. Losi need to good kick in the head as their QC sucks , lets not get started in my offroad losi cars

I cannot even fit a 46mm wide IP3800 lipo in, as the 3 small screws that hold the drive pulley in place are 'raised' due to the countersink holes not deep enough. I dont know what you guys are doing, grind the heads flat, or deepen the countersunk holes.

so back on the shelf until my FF layshaft arrives.

Very disappointing Losi!
Old 11-05-2010, 12:28 PM
Tech Fanatic

The drive pulleys fit together quite tightly, maybe you don't the hub completely pushed in?? I used a hex driver to line up the holes when putting them together so the holes lined up then threaded the screws 3/4 down. Then I squeezed them together all the way together with fingers. Might be that the holes aren't lined up perfectly and not allowing you to fully tighten the screws??? I agree about the QC for this kit, maybe that's why they are selling them at such a reduced price now??

Last edited by BrodieMan; 11-05-2010 at 12:50 PM.
Old 11-05-2010, 01:18 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by hacker
just finished my build, lucky I ordered 2 kits, as I needed parts as there were 3x parts that were doubled up, which meant 3 correct parts had to be robbed from the extra kit. Losi need to good kick in the head as their QC sucks , lets not get started in my offroad losi cars

I cannot even fit a 46mm wide IP3800 lipo in, as the 3 small screws that hold the drive pulley in place are 'raised' due to the countersink holes not deep enough. I dont know what you guys are doing, grind the heads flat, or deepen the countersunk holes.

so back on the shelf until my FF layshaft arrives.

Very disappointing Losi!
Hmmm I have a IP3800 in mine. Screws were not an issue but there were some nubs I had to knock off the battery side of the pulley so it would not rub.
Old 11-05-2010, 02:37 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Picked up my 2 kits from the LHS today.

They said they were looking into more kits and Horizon shows no more in stock.
I hope that's not the end of the supply.
I just checked the Horizon site, it now shows as discontinued.

I went to order 2 Exotek upper decks the other day, but they were also back ordered.

Is everyone using only Losi brand springs? I was looking to see if my collection of Yokomo and Rayspeed springs could work, but the Losi springs seem quite small in comparison.
Old 11-05-2010, 04:21 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 58 (98%+)

Yep losi springs are the only way to go, 17lb front and 15lb rear

Rhys

Originally Posted by outtafocus
Picked up my 2 kits from the LHS today.

They said they were looking into more kits and Horizon shows no more in stock.
I hope that's not the end of the supply.
I just checked the Horizon site, it now shows as discontinued.

I went to order 2 Exotek upper decks the other day, but they were also back ordered.

Is everyone using only Losi brand springs? I was looking to see if my collection of Yokomo and Rayspeed springs could work, but the Losi springs seem quite small in comparison.
Old 11-05-2010, 06:04 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 141 (100%+)

The drive pulleys fit together quite tightly, maybe you don't the hub completely pushed in?? I used a hex driver to line up the holes when putting them together so the holes lined up then threaded the screws 3/4 down. Then I squeezed them together all the way together with fingers. Might be that the holes aren't lined up perfectly and not allowing you to fully tighten the screws??? I agree about the QC for this kit, maybe that's why they are selling them at such a reduced price now??
no they are all the way in, and all lined up properly
Originally Posted by padailey
Hmmm I have a IP3800 in mine. Screws were not an issue but there were some nubs I had to knock off the battery side of the pulley so it would not rub.
the screws are only raised about 0.5mm higher than it should, I'm going to get the dremel out and shave off the heads until flat. Just a pain to having to dremel ANY new kit. Should fit together without any hassles!
Old 11-05-2010, 06:07 PM
Tech Elite

I had the same issue, the manual lists a slightly different pin for the LCD's but mine were the same as the hex pins. I ran a few packs running tight turns and being easy on the throttle.
Man, I don't wanna break anything. It's like a solid axle! Dammit, I'll see if I can get some substitutes.

Originally Posted by hacker
Grind the hard case. Yeah I know, disappointing

Extremely nice to look at tho (the car!)
Old 11-05-2010, 06:25 PM
Tech Fanatic

So that's it for the JRX-S Type R
Parts should be available for quite some time from what I have read on this thread. Just glad I got in on the great deal before they discontinued it. Suppose it was only a matter of time before before Gil Losi Jr's cars were phased out. Wonder if they will ever be able to to produce anything equal to his designs??? I seriously doubt it. Been a Losi owner for 18yrs and will keep with my XXX4 and JRX-S Type R for a while longer, than I will be moving on.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.