Wiki Posts
Search

Ask Paul Lemieux, RC America/MOTIV/Gravity RC

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2010, 12:36 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Paul,

This may have been asked before, do you run light or regular weight bodies? What kind of difference do you feel from one to the other? What body do you run on carpet vs asphalt?

Thanks,
Brent

Last edited by bkspeedo; 07-14-2010 at 12:52 PM.
Old 07-14-2010, 08:07 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 67 (100%+)

Paul,

Good info! Thanks

One last question, with your car and the countersunk top deck screws, does that really stiffen your chassis up, or just help with tweak?
Old 07-15-2010, 03:26 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by HenBeav
Paul, do you ever have any problems with the thrust washers getting stuck in the diff half? Partically the large one, i've had to sand the outside diameter down a couple times so it will slide freely in the diff, or can you just run 2 of the smaller washers?

Also I can almost get a can of motor spray in my mouth now, are there any special exercises I can do to help me get it all?
Paul you missed my important question and my diff question from a couple pages back.
Old 07-15-2010, 08:38 PM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default camber Gain

Pual

Other than feel, is there any way to tell that you are using the proper amount of camber gain?

Thanks
Old 07-18-2010, 07:19 AM
Tech Regular

Hi Paul,

I know that it depends on the tire and the environment a lot, but what is your general tire prep for rubber tire, asphalt track that has no traction? Which additives do you use to clean the tires and for grip?
Old 07-18-2010, 04:47 PM
Tech Rookie

Quick question Paul, were you using BLS551 at the worlds?
Old 07-19-2010, 11:14 AM
Gravity RC

Originally Posted by bkspeedo
Paul,

This may have been asked before, do you run light or regular weight bodies? What kind of difference do you feel from one to the other? What body do you run on carpet vs asphalt?

Thanks,
Brent
Hi Brent, I use all lightweight bodies. the car is a little harder to drive with a light weight body just because the air flexes the light weight body more, so its a little less consistent. the car will also have a good bit less chassis roll with the light weight so the set up will be a bit different (maybe a hair softer or a bit lower roll center to get the roll back). i normally still use the Speed6 but i have been using the LTCR more lately so im not sure what i will use for carpet this year, but those are the two bodies that i use.

Thanks

Originally Posted by BlackedOutREVO
Paul,

Good info! Thanks

One last question, with your car and the countersunk top deck screws, does that really stiffen your chassis up, or just help with tweak?
I think it does make it a tad bit stiffer, if everything is perfectly straight it does help with tweak, but tweak isnt really much of an issue anymore BC the top decks are so thin flexy now. if the car isnt straight and the top deck is countersunk, the car will stay tewaked. so the car must be perfect to countersink the deck.

Originally Posted by Wonton
Pual

Other than feel, is there any way to tell that you are using the proper amount of camber gain?

Thanks
Hi, honestly no. id be willing to bet that someone has some sort of calculation that may or may not be true but i just dont think that their is any good way to do something like that.

Originally Posted by musti72
Hi Paul,

I know that it depends on the tire and the environment a lot, but what is your general tire prep for rubber tire, asphalt track that has no traction? Which additives do you use to clean the tires and for grip?
Lately i have had some sauces that i (not really developed but found), one is an aggressive thin sauce that i clean with and the other is oil a lot like tire tweak, lrp top grip, Rienhard's stuff ect. i call my stuff LG1 and LG2. aggressive stuff just to clean then a small amount of it on top (let dry completely, then i use the LG2 "oil" just a few dropps of it and let it dry. and thats it. tire warmers do work but if you get it wrong on Re run tires it will be horrible. so i normally just do it my way and it always works well, maybe not perfect but always easy to replicate and good.

Originally Posted by tb214
Quick question Paul, were you using BLS551 at the worlds?
Yup
Old 07-19-2010, 11:16 AM
Gravity RC

Originally Posted by HenBeav
Paul you missed my important question and my diff question from a couple pages back.
Hi, sorry for overlooking it. the tolerance is really close with the large shim, I have run two small ones before with no problems. maybe the coating is thick on your outdrive or something?. but you should be fine with what your doing. Thanks
Old 07-19-2010, 11:22 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Good luck in the Upcoming Nitro Sedan Worlds.
Old 07-26-2010, 11:40 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

Paul, how does the placement of weight, wither it be the battery or electronics (Forward, or back), affect a 1/12 on the track? Thanks
Old 07-27-2010, 02:21 PM
Tech Rookie

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Hey Paul,

I have been having great success with my T3 but have had a heck of a time trying to get it balanced right. It wants to kick the rear end out on any hard left turn. I added weight to try to balance but it did not seem to cure the problem. I was wondering if you could share how you add weight to your car? Car is so close to being hooked up and has tons of steering just need to get this right. Thanks for any help.
Old 07-27-2010, 02:44 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

sounds more like the car maybe tweaked, specially if it only does it on lefts turns put the chassis on a flat setup board and push right rear left front conners and then switch to the left rear and right front it the chassis rocks up and down then the car is tweaked. you sould loosen the top deck screws and flex the chassis from side to side then tighten them up with the cahssis on a flat surface, and check again for tweak.
Old 08-01-2010, 02:21 AM
Tech Regular

Hi Paul.

I saw you working hard on the ifmar but refueling cause you a lot of trouble.
Everybody was working hard I know but I watched you in the
qualifier you where on the righth pace to make it a direct one.
I feel sorry for you and of course for Jilles to, but just outside the main
is the wurst place congrats to Ralph from me and for Xray and Max.
Its nice for Ralph I know the man when he take TQ at Heemstede track
in Holland where Collari took his world title 1:8.
Better luck to you on coming events.

Regards

Ed IJzerman

the Netherlands
Old 08-02-2010, 11:07 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

Hey Paul, great to be able to follow your effort at the worlds in TX. You did a great job! Running out of fuel when so close I am sure was hard on you. I know there are more great races ahead and we will be cheering you on.

Keith and Jason.
Old 08-02-2010, 03:58 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

Hey Paul,

I am running your worlds setup with a Spec R Gear diff.

I am having a problem with the rear tire coming up when I try to stay on power. Im also running 17.5 class and running xray 600 oil in Spec R gear diff.
Also the rear end is grabbing really hard, Do you think if I ran thicker oil in gear diff would help?

Any idea's what I can do to make car run smoother and keep tire down ?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.