~~Thumptown RC~~Singers Hobbies~~ Wellsboro,PA

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2010, 11:27 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default CLasses

Originally Posted by jerkyb2k3
I'll just worry 'bout what class I'm in when the time gets here then

Could always just take out the driveshaft and make 2wd...

Lol I think you may be a bit confused here. Your
vxl system would not be legal in a 2wd sct class, lol
Old 07-04-2010, 06:58 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

bah..minor technicality..
Old 07-04-2010, 09:08 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

bah..minor technicality..
Don't worry about rules. We have fun and find a home for everyone. Nobody here cares what you run unless it's unsafe so no flamethrowers on your Slash!
Old 07-04-2010, 02:08 PM
Tech Adept

Drat.
Old 07-05-2010, 12:03 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Originally Posted by hoovdog
Don't worry about rules. We have fun and find a home for everyone. Nobody here cares what you run unless it's unsafe so no flamethrowers on your Slash!
What about big ole' REVO tires running me over! ha-ha
Old 07-05-2010, 02:04 PM
Tech Adept

What would be a good baseline setup for a Slash 4x4 on this track? Right now I've got everything in the stock locations where it was set when it came out of the box, the only thing I have messed with is the preload spacers to give myself a little more height for bashing around. If nobody wants to give out their secret to success, I completely understand. PM me if need be, I'm definitely open for suggestions. Also, should I upgrade tires from the stockers? What style tread seems to work best?
Old 07-05-2010, 03:58 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

What would be a good baseline setup for a Slash 4x4 on this track? Right now I've got everything in the stock locations where it was set when it came out of the box, the only thing I have messed with is the preload spacers to give myself a little more height for bashing around. If nobody wants to give out their secret to success, I completely understand. PM me if need be, I'm definitely open for suggestions. Also, should I upgrade tires from the stockers? What style tread seems to work best?
Hi and welcome to the forum. you asked about the stock tires and a basic set up to use on the track. First, get the stock tires off the truck. They are good for bashing in the yard or on some pavement but worthless on the track. I went through mine and adjusted the camer in the front and rear to make it more neg. than stock. Also changed the shock oil to heavier oil. I wouldn't go crazy with it until you get it on the track. Get the tires( I'm running bow ties) and try it the way it is and go from there. The people at the track are more than willing to give you pointers and help along the way. You don't want ot change everything all at once because half the fun of it is trying new things with the truck and testing it to see what happens. You can learn a lot from that. Hope this helps and we hope to see you this weekend.
Old 07-05-2010, 06:09 PM
Tech Apprentice

Tires, tires, tires and did I mention tires. Thus far I have run Bow-Ties, Subcultures, and Calibers. It really depends on what mother nature throws at us as to what works best but I will say you can't go wrong with Bow-Ties on any condition I've run here. Subcultures only have 3 races on them but they are looking good as well.

Front springs are too stiff IMO so I run Rustler linear rate in front. Something in the 50-60wt. range oil has worked for me.

Honestly though, get some tires and bring the truck. The rest will all come naturally once you get some time on the track but the tires will yield instant results. I'll try to remember my setup sheet if you'd like to take a look at it. No secrets with me.
Old 07-05-2010, 06:13 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by joey91473
What about big ole' REVO tires running me over! ha-ha
That was probably Helen. She will move you if you don't move soon enough.
Old 07-05-2010, 06:27 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Track looks nice. I may have to make a trip down sometime this summer. Do you have an E Scale 1/8 class; or just with the nitro buggies?
Old 07-05-2010, 07:03 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by Tyler350
Track looks nice. I may have to make a trip down sometime this summer. Do you have an E Scale 1/8 class; or just with the nitro buggies?
We run them together. It would be great to get large enough turnouts to justify the separation. Come on up!
Old 07-06-2010, 02:14 PM
Tech Adept

Default THUMPTOWN RC RACEWAY

SUNDAY, SUNDAY, SUNDAY!!!!!!

Hi Everyone,

I hope you all had a fantastic and safe 4th of July.

Just wanted to remind everyone we will be racing again This weekend Sunday the 11th.

I am looking forward to seeing you all again.

Practice and registration will be from 12:00 to 1:30 and racing will start around 2:00

All main races will be a 50% cash payout again this weekend.

We will also be doing the 50/50 lottery drawing.

There will be food and drinks available.

We now have a work table fastened to the drivers stand by the pit ramp it is approximatately 11" wide and 32 feet long so you will have a place to set tools, fuel bottles, starter boxes, etc.

We also widened the spot to set the trucks on the pit ramp while refueling.

We hope to do a few more adjustments by this weekend also.

Hope to see you all there.

Regards,
Doug
Old 07-06-2010, 02:36 PM
Tech Adept

I still plan to make it on Sunday. Is there anyplace to charge packs yet or should I get another one or two before I show up? I've only got 3, so I'd imagine that wouldn't last me very long.
Old 07-06-2010, 02:55 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

I still plan to make it on Sunday. Is there anyplace to charge packs yet or should I get another one or two before I show up? I've only got 3, so I'd imagine that wouldn't last me very long.
Just charge them on your car with a 12 volt? If not, I am sure one of the guys or gals there would help you out. They are a good bunch of people at Thumptown.
Old 07-06-2010, 04:44 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

most of us use our car battery to charge the r/c batteries. do you have a charger other than the one that came with the slash? if not it might be a good idea top get one that has both a/c and d/c hookups so you can charge the batteries at the house or at the track. I have an extra charger and i can try to remember to bring it along if you need it. it will not charge the lipos but i think you said you only had the NiMH batteries anyway.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.