Wiki Posts
Search

Team Durango DNX408 Prototype

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2010, 08:17 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by dreaux
i'm sure there is nothing wrong. I just have never seen one like that is all.
Looks like pretty much every other one out there from what is visible. Linkage is on the outside vice inside leaving it more exposed but I dont think it will much of an issue.
Old 03-30-2010, 12:27 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by dreaux
i'm sure there is nothing wrong. I just have never seen one like that is all.
Seems to be the same as most others out there, seems to be the same as MBX5R.

I'm sure the car will be awsome.
I got myselves a new MBX-6, since info regarding production model and release date was scarse. Next time, perhaps...
Old 03-30-2010, 10:04 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by bustabo
From what I can tell, is that white battery tray is just a temporary piece made from delrin last minute.

The DNX408 is going to be dialed.
I have understood that the battery tray is a temporary piece, but I think that is the final design of it... or not ?? but didn't the batteries have to be placed on the rear lower part of the chassis, under the center rear CVD ? what appened?
Old 03-30-2010, 10:05 AM
Tech Initiate

If you look carefully you can see that the radiobox extends under the rear driveshaft and manifold. If you see the pics of the chassie you can see the machined craddle for it at the back.

The only thing I see as a possible problem is that the tank looks very "shallow" right underneath the lid making it hard to fill quick. Maby just the camera angle.

I`m excited to see some closeups or studioshots of the car...

And I`m VERY excited to build it Thinking about running a 3port Orion in it...should be nice
Old 03-30-2010, 10:19 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by runar80
If you look carefully you can see that the radiobox extends under the rear driveshaft and manifold. If you see the pics of the chassie you can see the machined craddle for it at the back.

The only thing I see as a possible problem is that the tank looks very "shallow" right underneath the lid making it hard to fill quick. Maby just the camera angle.

I`m excited to see some closeups or studioshots of the car...

And I`m VERY excited to build it Thinking about running a 3port Orion in it...should be nice
Yes I have seen it but not well understand, the pics isn't very good...
I want to see it before buy it, I hope that performances on track will be at same level of beauty of this car design!!
Old 03-30-2010, 09:06 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

Are any of you Team Durango USA employees. I sent a few emails to become a dealer but I am not getting any replies. Can one of you help? I even sent email to Jason at Team Durango headquarters. Nothing but silence on all fronts
Old 03-30-2010, 09:14 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

i tried to do so also....
Old 03-30-2010, 10:27 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Jason is in China. He will contact...I assume on his return.
Old 03-31-2010, 08:17 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 14 (94%+)

http://www.redrc.net/2010/03/durango...ng/#more-29640
Old 03-31-2010, 03:13 PM
Tech Initiate

Hi

Can someone from Durango or someone who has seen the car confirm something for me:

The rear wing 'looks' like it a painted lexan wing in some pics. (like you would expect in 1/10) is these anyone that can confirm if it is or not?

Personally I don't belive a lexan wing would last long in 1/8 so I hope I'm wrong
Old 04-01-2010, 01:13 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Dan Reynolds
Hi

Can someone from Durango or someone who has seen the car confirm something for me:

The rear wing 'looks' like it a painted lexan wing in some pics. (like you would expect in 1/10) is these anyone that can confirm if it is or not?

Personally I don't belive a lexan wing would last long in 1/8 so I hope I'm wrong
Do you really think it is?
Stop looking for flauds people, time will show.
Old 04-01-2010, 07:50 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 36 (97%+)

yea, Durango has put alot of time into this car, I am sure they know better than to put a lexan wing on a 1/8 buggy, unless they have developed some super strength lexan, lol
Old 04-01-2010, 11:27 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Default DNX

Guys,
I would personally have a heartbreak to run this car, its built so nicely that i would dread to even take it through its paces on the jumps,etc. Its almost a work of art!
Still i would want one, maybe just to have something so nicely machined and put together.
Old 04-01-2010, 11:40 AM
Tech Regular

DNX408 – First public test

Following yesterday’s pictures of Gerd with his test DNX408, we thought you’d like to see some pictures of Adam’s test car. Adam is the Team Manager for Team Durango UK and he has been putting a lot of time in recently testing the DNX408. He is very happy with the car’s performance so far.

This weekend, four test cars will be seen in public for the first time. As we are still testing the car, we have no expectations about making the A-main at all -we are simply testing, testing, testing and putting as many miles on the car as we can to iron-out any remaining issues before we move into production.

Note – not all of the items seen in these pictures will be on the production car.

Old 04-01-2010, 11:58 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by mazzinga
DNX408 – First public test
Note – not all of the items seen in these pictures will be on the production car.
Thanks for the info. I understand this is still pre production and some things are yet to be finalised but can you state which items in particular at this stage will not be on the production version (apart from the paint scheme and proline tyres!)?

Cheers, Mike.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.