Wiki Posts
Search

Need feedback on .28 engines?!?!?!?

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2009, 10:52 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Integra
newer breed truggy's Do Not need a .28.....imo all your doing is blowing out your drive train/clutch and wasting tread on tires.

.21's are the Ticket No doubt

How many top 20 worlds driver's rock .28 ?
I agree with you, However most people have never run a .21 with the kind of snot yours has.....I personally think if a person tried your .21 they would see things the way we do.......I myself think most stock .21's are dogs on the bottom end, I can't think of a stock .21 that has impressed me really...So i can understand how alot of people prefer .28's....
Old 08-29-2009, 08:34 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default .21 vs .28

Maximo,

I'm sure your JPX.21's fly. I ran A stock JPX .21 & .28 couple yrs. ago and they were pretty fast. I myself like the .28's for truggy and am definately not a top 20 world driver let alone in the state. I race usually max of 4 hrs from home. So to just buy a stock .28 with good power works. Spend most of my spare time at the motocross track with my boys.
Old 08-29-2009, 10:08 PM
Tech Champion

All this 28 talk had me put a nasty modded JPX 28 into my Truggy.... I took some toe out of the rear, put my front toe nearly straight, went up a tooth on the bell, installed some .9 springs, 10K center, and it did really good today.....It tracked straight and ran like a raped ape..... Wheelied over backwards a few times when it hit a bump, but it was a total blast....With the more neutral setup it was much easier to manage and was actually somewhat race able...I am going to shoot some video of it tomorrow, the engine is a total beast with a very good top end......Blew a few CB bearings tho and likely took most of the life out of my M2C setup, but it was a blast....... See what peer pressure can do to a guy !
Old 08-29-2009, 10:30 PM
Tech Regular

Default .21 vs .28

Maximo,

curious why make a nasty .28 when they already have a $hit load of power and not concentrate on smoothing out the power delivery and run time?
Old 08-29-2009, 10:45 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by tristyn
Maximo,

curious why make a nasty .28 when they already have a $hit load of power and not concentrate on smoothing out the power delivery and run time?

IDk why really ....This was a old 28 I modded about 2 years ago...it was removed because it was too violent to race with..... So for kicks I decided to give it a run..... With the setup i had today it was awesome, it did wheely over on its lid a few times, but it handled well and tracked straight.....

Honestly I make my Picco .21's hit like 28 so there really hasn't been a need to make a smooth 28... As it is I get complaints about my .21's being to hard to handle, so I haven't really spent any time smoothing out the .28's... when I do a .28 its for balls out explosive power..if someone wants something smoother we just go with the .21's..... I know how to make a 28 alot smoother, but I just haven't bothered yet as I really prefer the .21's for racing..... If I am going to run a Gorilla I want King Kong !!! taking the fangs out of a .28 to make it more like a .21 just doesn't make alot of sense to me, might as well just use a .21...... However I am not saying anyone is wrong smoothing out a .28 as IMO there are many ways to skin a cat.... I will shoot a video tomorrow and show you what I am talking about when I say modified .28... Regardless I definitely have alot more fun with my 28's then I do with my .21's, I just don't race as well with them.... Nothing like hammering the trigger on a nasty .28 and watching the chaos !!!!
Old 09-07-2009, 12:38 AM
Tech Champion

Well been a couple of weeks bashing with the modified 28's...they are a blast but dam hard to control...Here is the video I promised....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bGAHKs3ghPU

this is just a little bashing track we built, its rough and ungroomed...but its someplace to go....
Old 02-15-2010, 09:17 PM
Tech Adept

What pipes are you'll running with your JPX .28?
Old 02-15-2010, 10:36 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by sicsam
What pipes are you'll running with your JPX .28?
When I ran the JPX .28 I tried the JP3, dyn 053 & 086. I liked the 086 the best.