Wiki Posts
Search

Funny noise

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2010, 08:02 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Funny noise

It can really be heard at the end of the video. It sounds like a cricket chirping. I can't see anything wrong with the car. It runs fine and drives fine. This i just irking the hell out of me as it hasn't ever done this before.

http://daretothinkdifferent.com/RCCarNoise.mp3
Old 02-11-2010, 08:06 PM
Tech Prophet

it ethier sounds like your spur and clutch bell teeth are worn down , or your gear mesh is to lose.
Old 02-11-2010, 08:10 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by tc5 man
it ethier sounds like your spur and clutch bell teeth are worn down , or your gear mesh is to lose.
Thanks for the quick reply.

The buggy only has had 1/2 gallon of fuel through it so I wouldn't think the spur or clutch bell is worn down.

How would I adjust the gear mesh?

It is a Losi 8IGHT 2.0
Old 02-11-2010, 08:14 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

it could be a million things bud, i have like 5 things it "COULD" be
Old 02-11-2010, 08:43 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

just about every car has a sound like that. that's why we like nitro, it drowns out the metal gear noise. But like someone else said, check your gear mesh between the spur and the clutch bell.
Old 02-11-2010, 09:15 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Mine sounds just like that. Runs just fine.
Old 02-12-2010, 03:54 AM
Tech Fanatic

Between the clacking dog bones and the loose spur gears it all sounds good.
Old 02-12-2010, 08:10 AM
Tech Elite

REBUILD
Old 02-12-2010, 11:53 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by The Working Man
Between the clacking dog bones and the loose spur gears it all sounds good.
I'm not sure what that means but I am assuming you are saying I got a lot of problems haha.

Originally Posted by token
REBUILD
Yeah I'm scared if I start taking the stuff apart I won't get it back together properly haha. I cleaned the thing as well as I could without taking it apart for that exact reason haha.

What kinda normal maintenance do I need to do to keep the thing in good running order? Is there a good website that shows some generic steps and has a good checklist like a normal maintenance list? Like oiling parts and cleaning stuff.
Old 02-12-2010, 11:57 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by kur1j
I'm not sure what that means but I am assuming you are saying I got a lot of problems haha.

Yeah I'm scared if I start taking the stuff apart I won't get it back together properly haha. I cleaned the thing as well as I could without taking it apart for that exact reason haha.

What kinda normal maintenance do I need to do to keep the thing in good running order? Is there a good website that shows some generic steps and has a good checklist like a normal maintenance list? Like oiling parts and cleaning stuff.
Most of us "racers" will tear down our ride, down to the last screw and rebuild. That is the only way to make sure everything is perfect. A noise for me is to rebuild. and there is a few topics on here that deals with this.
Old 02-12-2010, 05:16 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by kur1j

In this hobby you are going to need to get past your fear of rebuilding. Or else the mechanic at your hobby shop is going to get *RICH* off you. These are pretty easy to work on, just do yourself a favor and buy the Losi Standard Hex wrench set now (or you can buy another brand, but Losi is pretty cheap.)

http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...h-Set-US-Sizes