Wiki Posts
Search

Whats up with Carolina RC ?

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2009, 07:28 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Frank L
Call carolinasrc 1 (888) RC CARS 8 and ask for John he is the guy who you want to talk to. It will happen fast if you want a refund. I had some lipos that I wanted right away and they ended up being on back order. I called when John was there and he credited my paypal account before I was off the phone with him. So ask for John.
yeah, i'm sure I could get a refund but that is besides the point. I should never have to wait that long without a single peep out of them.
Old 11-19-2009, 08:50 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 148 (100%+)

Originally Posted by dandrat
yeah, i'm sure I could get a refund but that is besides the point. I should never have to wait that long without a single peep out of them.
Have you ever ordered from amain and had them charge you and then the item ends up backordered. It turns into a paid backordered but then you have to actually complete the order. Sure they email you and tell you its in but its not automatic. And sometimes it takes awhile for the item to come in. If the mfg does not have the product in stock then theres a wait. I would like to see you call amain and ask for a refund on an item thats been backordered. IDK if you would get the same turn around time. The bottom line is order where you want but companies all the time take your money and then oops its backordered, then you are subject to when the item is available.
Old 11-19-2009, 09:21 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

I find amain to be competive pricing as far as getting charged for items on back order,never has happened.both company are great but Carolina lost my buisness by not having stuff in stock.I order online for a reason,it's quick . If I wanna hastle with someone I'll just go to a hobby shop
Old 12-16-2009, 10:45 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Hey guys, being a racer I understand everyones complaints. Times got tough and Jon just had to regroup. I have used carolinas for years and with the Speed Shop I often order customer parts since I can get in two days.

I have worked with keeping him up to speed on everyones thoughts. Carolinas Rc has worked in a new system that will help with back orders and behind the scenes communication to assure things do not slip by.

Call Don @ 704 509 5700 for details but they have a 110% refund via gift code(you make 10% for your troubles) or a 100% refund on back orders.

If anyone has something left open make sure to email me direct at [email protected], I'll look into quickly, and get you a answer. Also if you got a decent sized order and your looking to save a buck over the other online places email me...I can probably make it happen

I can also be emailed for discount codes...
Old 12-16-2009, 11:12 AM
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by ABURTON
Hey guys, being a racer I understand everyones complaints. Times got tough and Jon just had to regroup. I have used carolinas for years and with the Speed Shop I often order customer parts since I can get in two days.

I have worked with keeping him up to speed on everyones thoughts. Carolinas Rc has worked in a new system that will help with back orders and behind the scenes communication to assure things do not slip by.

Call Don @ 704 509 5700 for details but they have a 110% refund via gift code(you make 10% for your troubles) or a 100% refund on back orders.

If anyone has something left open make sure to email me direct at [email protected], I'll look into quickly, and get you a answer. Also if you got a decent sized order and your looking to save a buck over the other online places email me...I can probably make it happen

I can also be emailed for discount codes...
I can vouch for the +10% refund for your trouble. I had a few items on backorder that Carolinas was unable to get and they refunded me the paid amount + 10% without even asking for it. I just received an email with a a refund +10%. I dont see amian doing that. I have gotten an oops from amain where items I paid for were out of stock and converted to a paid backorder which I had to then pay more shipping on when they arrived. Just my experience.
Old 12-16-2009, 12:55 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Carolinas is the one site i have been very critical of. But, they appear to be getting stuff back instock.

Frank, i understand that getting charged again for shipping. That me to is unacceptable. When you order the part the first time, and the system thinks it is instock, you get charged shipping based upon that item being in the box. Then to turn around and say, oh, we have to charge you again for this same item.
Old 12-16-2009, 01:14 PM
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 294 (100%+)

I have been using carolinasrc for a bit now and they have been very good with my orders.

When I purchased a set of the advantage rims with the warranty on them, and since they were on closeout they told me they would warranty them. Well, they broke, bad batch I guess, and they took care of it giving me a refund.

Since then, when I get a good coupon deal and need stuff, i go with them.

Oh, and before someone throws it out there, I don't have a LHS that supports RC Car racing.
Old 12-16-2009, 03:06 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

I had a backorder for 4 months .Patiently waited never once did i get upset or abusive.After numerous emails over the 4 months i finally got on the live chat to get my money back.There was never any +10% for me ?? All i got was sorry for the delay.Not the service i look for to get return customers
Old 12-16-2009, 05:38 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

Originally Posted by losi_racer
I find amain to be competive pricing as far as getting charged for items on back order,never has happened.both company are great but Carolina lost my buisness by not having stuff in stock.I order online for a reason,it's quick . If I wanna hastle with someone I'll just go to a hobby shop
I agree with you. I have also given up on Carolina RC.
I have never had a problem with AMain and they still have my
trust in them.
Old 12-16-2009, 07:20 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

you two guys let me know when you need something else. I can understand your thinking. When you got a large order thats gonna pull a lot from the bank let me know..I'll get you fixed up and handled with a super deal.

you have my email.

Thanks!
Old 12-21-2009, 06:48 PM
Tech Lord

Another lightening fast transaction from carolinasrc.com. I ordered 2 thunderpower lipo batteries for my shals which were out of stock and they were drop shipped to my house. Ordered on Thurs and arrived today at my door in CA. Perfect thats what I call that.

Ohh yea and they beat A-main's price by 25 bucks + free shipping.
Old 12-21-2009, 08:17 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default good experience

I had been ordering things that weren't easily available locally from amain but was a bit frustrated when a couple of my orders were shipped at their leisure, plus they're on the opposite coast. I refuse to pay a rush processing fee of $3.99 for them to pull my order faster... If I'm ordering online, I would think the least the vendor should do is pull and ship my items the following day.

I actually had a bunch of stuff in my amain cart, but they were out of a small item I really needed. Carolinas had everything in stock, and prices were slightly cheaper. I used their free shipping offer, they shipped immediately, and I received it in a couple days. Nice.

Will order again, my experience was good.
Old 12-21-2009, 08:21 PM
Tech Prophet

yea i dont know why amain would want to piss people off with that extra fee
if they make a mistake thats bs it hasnt happen to me luckly. i like your dirt nasty avatar ha.
Old 12-21-2009, 08:22 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Frank L
Have you ever ordered from amain and had them charge you and then the item ends up backordered. It turns into a paid backordered but then you have to actually complete the order. Sure they email you and tell you its in but its not automatic. And sometimes it takes awhile for the item to come in. If the mfg does not have the product in stock then theres a wait. I would like to see you call amain and ask for a refund on an item thats been backordered. IDK if you would get the same turn around time. The bottom line is order where you want but companies all the time take your money and then oops its backordered, then you are subject to when the item is available.
I have not had amain charge me for backorders and although I dont think that is right, it sure beats yet another month going by without 1 word out of carolinas on my back order. anybody can take orders at a discount, but not everybody can wait 6 mounths or more to save $10 on there order.I dont see how you can defend it .
Old 12-21-2009, 08:47 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

I ordered a couple of Lipos from them today. Best price, no shipping, no tax should have them by Wed.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.