Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road
rank the top five buggies >

rank the top five buggies

rank the top five buggies

Old 08-04-2009, 11:24 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 148 (100%+)

Originally Posted by token
Nope the Losi guys run the same kit we do.......... I have seen them up close and personal All of the extras they have you can get ........
+1 on the factory losi guys running the kit versions. They actually run pretty much bone stock kits. There is a factory guy that runs at m local tracks and he even uses stock tires sometimes all the braces are plastic no fancy alum hop ups.
Old 08-04-2009, 11:52 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Actually the top buggies right now are Losi, Associated, and Kyosho. Rounding up the rear of the field would be Xray, Mugen, Jammin and O'Donnell. This is just what you see at every "Pro" A-main race across the US. Some of us normal racers may chose different cars because of our driving style. Like Xray and Mugen are great cars, but they don't have the team support like Losi, AE and Kyosho has. Wheeler cant carry the whole thing on his shoulders but he is damn fast! Also who is the big Mugen driver? As for O'Donnell they really don't have a team yet, they are still new and growing. Jammin has a team but hasn't crossed the high level bar yet.

Don't forget this is coming from a "Pro" style look at it. Each buggy at your home track is completely different.
Old 08-04-2009, 11:53 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

First Tier: Xray and Mugen are simply in a class by themselves when it comes to quality and durability of the kit.

Second Tier: Kyosho, O'donnell, Jammin, Hyper 9

Third Tier: AE, Losi, Hot Bodies

I am not necessarily referring to how the cars handle, etc. They all can win in the right hands and are all great cars in their own right. But there are obvious differences in the craftsmanship of the cars.

When you are sponsored, it doesn't really matter if you need to replace arms every other weekend or if the car can't really handle the occassional 40mph cartwheel. however, if you are a weekend club racer, durability and quality matters since the pocket book only has so much money.

From my perspective above, xray and to some extent mugen are simply a notch above everyone else.
Old 08-04-2009, 12:01 PM
Tech Rookie

I' ve been running 1/8 nitro for a little over a year now and those are the rides i have/had: hyper 8, kyosho 7,5, rc8 and now 8ight 2.0. Losi is THE buggy. 808 is quite similar to 8ight in many ways i think. X-ray has done a great job and all the guys running it locally are going strong all season, without breaking a part, but i will never give up my losi - the way it works on track is just......
I'm not the greatest zen-master of all, but i talk of what i have seen and experienced so far.

1. eight 2.0
2. 808
3. hyper9 (if it just wouldnt break all the time, it would go to 2nd)
4. mp9
5. mbx-6

I just can't leave it out of the list, sorry..
2398. RC8 (the greatest leap human has ever done, backwards)
Old 08-04-2009, 12:26 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Edumakated
First Tier: Xray and Mugen are simply in a class by themselves when it comes to quality and durability of the kit.

Second Tier: Kyosho, O'donnell, Jammin, Hyper 9

Third Tier: AE, Losi, Hot Bodies

I am not necessarily referring to how the cars handle, etc. They all can win in the right hands and are all great cars in their own right. But there are obvious differences in the craftsmanship of the cars.

When you are sponsored, it doesn't really matter if you need to replace arms every other weekend or if the car can't really handle the occassional 40mph cartwheel. however, if you are a weekend club racer, durability and quality matters since the pocket book only has so much money.

From my perspective above, xray and to some extent mugen are simply a notch above everyone else.

First of all to the guy that say mugen dont have the team support yeah right - there are more mugen drivers at the races than Kyosho.

Losi 3rd tier REALLY? Are you serious. Where? Losi is hands down the BEST buggy out right now (in the world) follow close by the mugen and AE........ You need to do something right in the design in order to sway people to make you buggy the top selling buggy the last 2 years. In this hobby people buys what work, whats good, this whole season I have broken one rod end and I drive like a bat out of hell. not to knock xray but it is not as good as the losi, and alot of their designs where taken from the losi..........Jammin and O'Donnell should not even be on this list if your talking about popular - there are more D8s at the track than both of these put together.
And all you people that is saying that its the driver, I disagree. You have to have a competive buggy to compete with the best. You give Adam Drake a RAZE and Rhonda Drake the Mugen. And Mrs. Drake will spank her soon to be hubby. Period.

When was the last time you have seen the Hyper in a Amain sportsman or pro. Tell me I want to know. The Hyper design in based off of the designes from 3-4 years ago same with the jammin. They cant compete side by side with top nothc buggies like the 8 or RC8 or the 6..... no way. I know this is all opinions but come on guys. Think about it, use facts and stats. Use you local tracks ect........ dont just base it off what you read on here or in a mag.......
Old 08-04-2009, 12:41 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

First of all to the guy that say mugen dont have the team support yeah right - there are more mugen drivers at the races than Kyosho.

Losi 3rd tier REALLY? Are you serious. Where? Losi is hands down the BEST buggy out right now (in the world) follow close by the mugen and AE........ You need to do something right in the design in order to sway people to make you buggy the top selling buggy the last 2 years. In this hobby people buys what work, whats good, this whole season I have broken one rod end and I drive like a bat out of hell. not to knock xray but it is not as good as the losi, and alot of their designs where taken from the losi..........Jammin and O'Donnell should not even be on this list if your talking about popular - there are more D8s at the track than both of these put together.
And all you people that is saying that its the driver, I disagree. You have to have a competive buggy to compete with the best. You give Adam Drake a RAZE and Rhonda Drake the Mugen. And Mrs. Drake will spank her soon to be hubby. Period.

When was the last time you have seen the Hyper in a Amain sportsman or pro. Tell me I want to know. The Hyper design in based off of the designes from 3-4 years ago same with the jammin. They cant compete side by side with top nothc buggies like the 8 or RC8 or the 6..... no way. I know this is all opinions but come on guys. Think about it, use facts and stats. Use you local tracks ect........ dont just base it off what you read on here or in a mag.......
+1 for ya

But I would like to know who the Mugen team is? I know Neobuggy just said Losi and AE have has the top team. Losi has a lot of young guns that are going to be really fast really soon.
Old 08-04-2009, 12:46 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Work on your reading comprehension. Losi and AE are great cars but your absolutely nuts if you think they are the same quality as xray and mugen. Just because legions of people buy a product does not make it the best, nor does spending gobs of money to sponsor the best pro drivers in the world.

Like I said, ALL OF THE CARS ARE GREAT IN THEIR OWN WAY, however, if you are like me and care about the craftsmanship and quality of the car, there is no way you would put the losi together with xray and mugen.

I drive an 8t 2.0 and love it, but it is no where near the same level of quality as an xray. It is like comparing a Vette to a 911. Yes, the Vette statistically may even stomp a Porsche, but it is no where near the same in terms of workmanship and quality of materials.
Old 08-04-2009, 01:04 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

Work on your reading comprehension. Losi and AE are great cars but your absolutely nuts if you think they are the same quality as xray and mugen. Just because legions of people buy a product does not make it the best, nor does spending gobs of money to sponsor the best pro drivers in the world.

Like I said, ALL OF THE CARS ARE GREAT IN THEIR OWN WAY, however, if you are like me and care about the craftsmanship and quality of the car, there is no way you would put the losi together with xray and mugen.

I drive an 8t 2.0 and love it, but it is no where near the same level of quality as an xray. It is like comparing a Vette to a 911. Yes, the Vette statistically may even stomp a Porsche, but it is no where near the same in terms of workmanship and quality of materials.

LOL, the losi 8ight clutch is dialed... quality. Anyways yea them cars have carbon fiber and jewelry they also have more expensive parts and are less popular.

Look at me for instance i am a hardcore electric racer, i travel, hang out with and race along side 100% drivers in the mains and to tell the truth i would love to get on kyosho for electric. I love what they are doing. I bought a 8ight cause it's popular as all hell and my pit buddy just got one so i fig why not just for the sake of easy parts.

I am my own hobby shop when i travel with my kyosho's. It's a PITA and the parts are more expensive. The kyosho's are quality but you will pay more for it and you will basicaly be your own hobby shop. Sure you may be fortunate your track has xray or mugen ot kyosho but if you get around you may find it to be a PITA.

also all this pro na na about th new arms every run, chillax bro. They aren't like that to a extreme. The average non superstar pro drivers have budgets with the teams and they aren't nearly as much as your assuming.
Old 08-04-2009, 01:11 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

im not crazy for going and reading forums and what not.but looks at all the new buggies that came out...all losi 8 influenced...so i say with results to..hands down losi 2.0 is number one.

i wouldnt know what to pick for the other 4.

i personally have a losi 1.0 right now...love the way it performs...hate that it goes thru clutch bell bearings so much.

got a mugen buggy coming my way cause i here that maintance on them is low......i will be sure to get back on here after i drive a mugen and let yall know what i think...
Old 08-04-2009, 01:11 PM
Tech Elite

+1 Morris
Old 08-04-2009, 01:14 PM
Tech Elite

Work on your reading comprehension.
Really? you had your opinion and I had mine....... I tell you this - get out of the nitro thread - your scared of nitro - go run to your electric side - we are talking about Nitro rides here

http://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-off-road-130/
Old 08-04-2009, 02:14 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

A couple of nitpicks from the thread:

- The TTR diffs that are in the RC8B (same parts except for different number of teeth on the ring gears of the front/rear diffs) have been the most durable diffs I've run yet after having run Losi, Mugen and Kyosho in the past. They are BULLETPROOF. No precise shimming necessary, they retain their fluid very well and the components last a VERY long time.
- Jeremy Kortz did a fine job with his HoBao Hyper9 at ROAR Nats recently, making the A final
- The RC8B doesn't need mods like the RC8 did. Open the box, build the car, go fast. No bling necessary.
Old 08-04-2009, 05:17 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I have to say, my hyper makes the A
http://www.rctech.net/forum/6151109-post12859.html
I'm Kirts, race all over AZ and beyond
Old 08-04-2009, 11:21 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 10 (92%+)

here in AZ like The nitro pit the top 5 goes to....( my personal observation \)

1. LOSI ( most of the racers are running LOSI, they're fast even the novice, Intermediate , expert we have some top drivers, billy,casey, trevor who are all helpful for losi racers and sometimes not even losi racers)
2. Mugen MBX6 ( they're fast too and a performer, mostly run by intermediate racers and couple of experts too)( and i've got 1)
3.Jammin X2 exceptional car, durable & fast
4.AE RC8B or the RC8 you'll see alot also and they win too(except Ryan Maifield he's super super fast)
5. HB D8 (durable than other car, won some races , IFMAR champ, they say its CHEAP but its on the game all over the world like the cars mentioned on top)I've got one too!

but Xray,Hyper9 & Z are also cool but they get the least racer here from I see...
Old 08-05-2009, 02:31 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Guys! For your information USA DOES NOT EQUAL to the world all over... Since when what people runs in Arizona equal to what the rest of the world is running?

Losi might be king in the States, it will be another story in Asia or Europe...

p/s: Arizona is NOT the center of the world...

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.