Wiki Posts
Search

Serpent 966

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2009, 04:15 AM
M7H
Tech Elite

Nice pictures Burty!

You mentioned that you had to take away some material on the bulkhead?, to fit the engine?
Can you make some pictures, to show this?...

Just curious...

I would also mount the pressure nipple in the back of the fuel cap. A hole is not there yet, you have to make it, don't forget to close the other 2 holes!
Rotating the nipple on the carb is also something I would do, to have a longer fuel line in order to allow the car to be a bit longer flipped on his roof before the engine will stall.
I don't have a picture for you that shows this, maybe somebody else has...
Old 07-16-2009, 04:24 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by PMSorber
The red one is red and the yellow one is yellow.
let me guess you work for microsoft?

as they are notorious for their "to solve your internet connection problem go online to blah bah web site" kind of suggestions. Yours falls into the same section of the ", gramatically and politically correct but utterly useless"

Old 07-16-2009, 04:36 AM
Tech Adept

thanks heaps for the tips m7h,didnt even think of that,would a screw do to block up the existing 2 holes??
i will get some pics up of the bulkhead,i tryed everything and i just couldnt get the motor in,my flywheel kept getting caught,so i shaved the rounded bit off just shy of exposing the screw,hopefully have the pics up by tomorrow arvo,bit late here in aus land,for me anyway. lol
cheers again for the info m7h,regards,burty.
Old 07-16-2009, 04:56 AM
Suspended

Originally Posted by Toughbeard
let me guess you work for microsoft?

as they are notorious for their "to solve your internet connection problem go online to blah bah web site" kind of suggestions. Yours falls into the same section of the ", gramatically and politically correct but utterly useless"

Ey.... As you can see, you stated the question. I just answer on a way that everybody should understand.

--> I have both but on the packing it doesnt say which is which?
Old 07-16-2009, 05:24 AM
M7H
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by burty
thanks heaps for the tips m7h,didnt even think of that,would a screw do to block up the existing 2 holes??
Yep, just a grubscrew will do...
If your afraid to make a hole in the fuel cap, you could also get the angled pressure nipple from serpent:
http://www.serpent.com/product/1434/
Old 07-16-2009, 07:48 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by PMSorber
Ey.... As you can see, you stated the question. I just answer on a way that everybody should understand.

--> I have both but on the packing it doesnt say which is which?
Oh I c... I stated a gramatically wrong and utterly useless question LOL

Rephrasing the question then.

What is the red shoe and what is the yellow? since the packing doesnt say which is which... soft, hard, smelly, hungry etc.....

red shoe= ugly? yellow shoe= dumb?
Old 07-16-2009, 08:00 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Toughbeard
Oh I c... I stated a gramatically wrong and utterly useless question LOL

Rephrasing the question then.

What is the red shoe and what is the yellow? since the packing doesnt say which is which... soft, hard, smelly, hungry etc.....

red shoe= ugly? yellow shoe= dumb?
Hello Toughbeard, the difference is that the red has more grip on the bell, a lower wear and is almost impossible to destroy it by a bad clutch setup. I prefer the red over the yellow.

Hope this helps
Old 07-16-2009, 08:06 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Paolo M
Hello Toughbeard, the difference is that the red has more grip on the bell, a lower wear and is almost impossible to destroy it by a bad clutch setup. I prefer the red over the yellow.

Hope this helps
THANK YOU!
Old 07-16-2009, 02:53 PM
Tech Adept

Shipments of kits and parts has arrived. We are receiving the parts and updating our systems.

We are going to ship to dealers tomorrow. Check our website later tonight for stock status
Old 07-18-2009, 12:33 AM
Tech Adept

[QUOTE=M7H;6074690]Nice pictures Burty!

You mentioned that you had to take away some material on the bulkhead?, to fit the engine?
Can you make some pictures, to show this?...

Just curious...

gday ther m7h,heres the pics,the first one you can see that the flywheel would hit where material is removed,it isnt that big a drama,as i can take off the carbon brace and 2speed too get my motor out,i was just curious if any one else has this problem??
with everything in the car ready to go,i cant just take my motor out or put it back in without taking other things off,again not a drama as it only takes less than a minute to do,
cheers, burty.

Old 07-18-2009, 03:56 AM
Tech Adept

gday once again guys,just about done with my build now,shes all together and pretty much all setup ready to go,ive just got one more thing if i could(for now,lol.)my steering throw from left to right is out a bit,im getting pretty much 100% right on my epa and about 84% to the left,any pointers on what i should be looking for??
cheers ,burty.
Old 07-18-2009, 05:43 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 109 (100%+)

gday once again guys,just about done with my build now,shes all together and pretty much all setup ready to go,ive just got one more thing if i could(for now,lol.)my steering throw from left to right is out a bit,im getting pretty much 100% right on my epa and about 84% to the left,any pointers on what i should be looking for??
cheers ,burty.
if you built the front end correctly (steering links, and make sure the servo arm is in the right place) then i wouldn't worry about the end points being different. what you want is the car to turn the same in both directions. if you use a setup station you can easily check this with the toe gauge. put it on and turn the wheels in both directions and make sure they stop at the same angle (using end points to adjust). another way to do it is place the car on the ground at a marked location and turn the wheel in one direction (right), now drive the car very slowly and measure how big of a circle the car turns. now put the car back at the marked location facing the opposite direction and do the same thing turning in the opposite direction (left). you want both circles to be the same size and you'll adjust this by adjusting your end points. once you have the end points set and the car turning the same in both directions you can use the dual rate (if you have it) to dial back the steering equally for the size turning circle you want.
Old 07-18-2009, 08:25 AM
M7H
Tech Elite

it isnt that big a drama,as i can take off the carbon brace and 2speed too get my motor out,i was just curious if any one else has this problem??
Now I understand what your problem is.

I don't have this problem because I don't have the same engine you do and I have the aluminium radioplate bracket, instead of the standard one...
But instead of totally removing the carbon stiffener, in my case loosening the screws of the carbon stiffener at the back of the engine is enough to get my Picco's out....

As far as the EPA, I always run max steering left and right, as maximum as the car allows to... I don't see why you would have to have left and right equal.... maximum steering is what you want, just in case you need it to resque your car from a crash....
Old 07-18-2009, 01:37 PM
Tech Adept

thanks once again guys,i had the car on the setup station,thats when i noticed the difference in steering throw,turning to the right,the maximum steering was well over the 30degrees on the toe gauge,but on the left i was at about 27 degrees,no biggie,im maxed out on the left so my epa's are the same as that both sides now.
cheers,burty.
Old 07-18-2009, 02:01 PM
Suspended

Originally Posted by M7H
As far as the EPA, I always run max steering left and right, as maximum as the car allows to... I don't see why you would have to have left and right equal.... maximum steering is what you want, just in case you need it to resque your car from a crash....
Just to be clear Martin ... this is bshit
Following what you do is driving with a different steering curve between left and right, that is bad.

Just a tip: Trim your servo in 0-degrees looking at your servo-saver (allign front with front shaft). Then adjust your toe-out setting so right and left are equal.
Finally adjust your end point to equal left and right

Good luck!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.