Wiki Posts
Search

new off-road track in JEANNETTE PA

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2009, 10:14 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Thumbs up new off-road track in JEANNETTE PA

Hello I would like to inform & Invite everyone out to our new off-road racing track. The track that is located on Chambers Ave. in Jeannette PA 15644. Our track is a community funded Recreation program. The program was put together by me Christopher Harper owner of Hobby Heaven LLC. Currently the track is almost complete but it is ready to show and test. As the pictures will show we need to buy more pipe and build the drivers stand which will be this week. We will provide electric, (track mate)lap counting system which is not AMB compatible but personal transponders for this system are only $30 ea. We will also provide a large pit area & kits and parts for sale on site. All racers on this course must be ROAR members for insurance purposes. July 10th, July17th, & July24th we will be holding ROAR registrations & performing demonstrations for newbies & those who have nevers seen a hobby grade kit perform. We would Love to see you all.
For more info Contact : Chris Harper @ 724-205-3788
Attached Thumbnails new off-road track in JEANNETTE PA-100_0970.jpg   new off-road track in JEANNETTE PA-100_0971.jpg  
Old 06-22-2009, 04:19 PM
Tech Apprentice

Good luck ! if you are running with roar members only some places already tried that and they did not stay afloat your homeownes ins. covers just about everthing you do at the track roar rules yes roar membership to race everyweek at a club race NO just my 2 cents
Old 06-22-2009, 04:55 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Looks like its gonna be cool, how far from Hbg. is this place and are you gonna run 1/10 electric?
Old 07-11-2009, 05:07 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default new track

chris
is the track open yet and what day are you going to race ?

i will ride up and check it out and also i am intrested in 1/10 electriic
i am close to there.
good luck

ps they are right there are alot of racers that are not roar members.
but i know why you did it this way.
Old 07-11-2009, 06:09 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Looks like a nice 1/10 sized track - probably a good idea to push for stadium truck class too (Traxxas Slash, AE SC10, the new Losi). Slash class will help get newcomers to the new track and get the racing rolling there.
Old 07-15-2009, 07:27 AM
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

Potentially a very nice track. The ROAR thing will keep many away. I seen many tracks in 25 years try this and non are around today.

Like Jim posted the Slash class and trucks like it will have potential to be huge because they are so cheap to run. Easy for anyone to get into racing with one of those.
Old 07-21-2009, 06:28 AM
Tech Apprentice

I would like to invite everyone out to our new track located in Jeannette PA. The track is located on Chambers Ave. in Jeannette PA. If you mapquest OMNOVA wich is a factory right next door to the track you will find the track. We will have our first race on Sunday JULY 26th @ 2pm. We will use a generator for our power source. AMB for our lapcounting so personals are welcome. You must bring your tables & chairs & popups. This will be our first annual FREE race day. To race for FREE you must be a member of ROAR, membership is $30 and applications are available on site. SO SUNDAY JULY 26th @ 2pm this will be our shackdown of the lapcounting system or should I say the shackdown of my use of the system. My number is 724-205-3788 & my name is Chris Harper. I Hope to see you all
Attached Images     
Old 07-28-2009, 11:46 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 66 (100%+)
Thumbs up

Here goes a video of me practicing the other day at hobby heaven

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wwinMKlqIVg
Old 07-31-2009, 10:12 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 66 (100%+)

bump
Old 08-06-2009, 07:11 AM
Tech Apprentice

Thumbs up new off-road track in JEANNETTE PA

I would like to thank everyone for their support with helping me start this program. We will have our first official race is SUNDAY AUG 9th @ 1:00 pm sign ups and food orders will be over at 12: 30 pm. I would love to see as many of you as possible.