Wiki Posts
Search

Nitro Engine Help

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2009, 11:55 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default Nitro Engine Help

I just got a used CEN MG10 that was previously broken it. I read the nitro tuning guide but still need some help as I didn't get to start from the beginning with this engine.

It will start (took me forever to finally get it started with factory card settings) and idle. If I give it throttle it goes and then dies quickly. There is no visible smoke. Takes a little bit of throttle to finally start moving.

Any help would be great.

edit: When I give it almost full throttle, it barely goes anywhere, but the carb is open all the way.

Last edited by ieatfish; 05-19-2009 at 12:09 PM.
Old 05-19-2009, 12:10 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

its hard to tell, it could be a extremely lean bottom, but scince you set ti to factory settings i doubt this is the case, you may want to check the clutch to see if it is hanging it up, if it was a rich bog you should have smoke......how used was it? did you know who had it.......my next step would be pull off the engine and check the compression........and easy way to do this without taking the engine apart is pull the engine off the truck then hold the engine up by the flywheel the compression should hold up the engine for at least about 10 seconds.........hope this helps....
Old 05-19-2009, 02:41 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default re

when you give it full throttle is it revving really high or is it real flubbery?if it is flubbery turn the high speed needle in in 1 hour increments till it runs better,if it revs and goes nowhere then you have driveline issues
Old 05-19-2009, 02:54 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by toofless
when you give it full throttle is it revving really high or is it real flubbery?if it is flubbery turn the high speed needle in in 1 hour increments till it runs better,if it revs and goes nowhere then you have driveline issues
Yeah, the engine doesn't sound wrong at all. I'm guessing it has something to do with the clutch and/or driveline as well. I'm probably not going to put any money into this truck so I may just have to call it shot. Thanks.
Old 05-19-2009, 02:58 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by ieatfish
Yeah, the engine doesn't sound wrong at all. I'm guessing it has something to do with the clutch and/or driveline as well. I'm probably not going to put any money into this truck so I may just have to call it shot. Thanks.

It can just be as simple as clutch shoes or bearings... under 10 bucks..