Community
Wiki Posts
Search

What Engine is Best? .21 for Buggy

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2009, 08:03 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Alan D.
Out of the two you are interested in I would pick the RB ten times over the SPEED.

Since you're new though I would suggest you look into a cheaper motor.
It would suck if you kill the c6BBT in two gallons because you tuned it wrong.
I have NEVER had any problems tuning any of my C6's. The Low end needle is around 5 turns out, and the High End needle is around 3.5 out. These are what RB recommends and they are dead on, only a 2 hr difference + or - depending on weather conditions.

Most people that say negative things about RB have never had one. I have tried almost every brand out there, and there is just something about the RB that I just really like. Good Luck

PS, I am also with you guys that like the JX, Plus 4 and the P5, I have been seeing good things from my buddies that run those mills.
Old 03-24-2009, 08:05 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by SPEEDSKI
RB C6!!!!!!! I AM GETTING READY TO GET MY 3RD. I USAULLY GET ATLEAST 8 GALLONS AND YOU WON'T GET THAT WITH A OS. C6 POWER IS JUST RIGHT FOR BUGGY, YOU WILL LOVE IT.

GOOD LUCK!!
+1 i would look at the Plus4 also, with ofna 053
Old 03-24-2009, 04:42 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

what pipe would go good with this nova n21b limited, amain has it for $149 although out of stock of course
Originally Posted by houston
165$ for novarossi n21b limited , it wont be beat for quality and performance
happy motorin',
monty
Old 03-24-2009, 05:09 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by roadracer43
what pipe would go good with this nova n21b limited, amain has it for $149 although out of stock of course
ofna 086, ofna 053, best choice for the price, nova pipes are hard to find.
Old 03-24-2009, 05:17 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

dude when i was running for CEN, i had an RB WS7 .21 that i ran for 17 GALLONS.......was wicked fast the enitire 18 gallons and ran at 215 temp for all 18
Old 03-24-2009, 08:08 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

You can never go wrong with rb. Good choice
Old 03-24-2009, 08:49 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

In the past, during break in for the RB's, you really needed to keep an eye on your temps. I've had the C5, S7, and the WS7 in the past and those motors were good. The only thing I didn't like much with those was that you really had to watch the crank pin for ovaling. Other than that, the motors were good, easy to tune, and easy to drive. Those motors I had didn't have the bottom end like the newer versions, and that's why I went away from RB's for me. Now, the powerband is very different so it would be very easy to say they are very good motors, especially the top tier motors such as the C6.

Everyone is going to say their motor is the best, but it's not what is best for one that is best for all. Every motor has strengths and every one has WEAKNESSES too.

OS Vspecs(all versions) need attention to the bearings. But with regular maintenance and bearing changes, there's no reason to think a Vspec wont last. The good points is that the Vspec is designed around the P3 plug which although is fairly expensive, last a while and provides good performance. Another thing is that the Vspec is pretty easy to tune too. V-specs are also good with fuel mileage too. A little attention to temps are needed during break in. This is pretty much the case with most motors. If you cook them during break in, then there's a good chance that you just ruined the motor.

Novarossi's to me is one of the best combo motors you can buy. Built like a tank, good performance, and good value. Most of their lines are designed well to provide certain performance tagets. Value is good, and ease of parts and longevity is very good too. You have alot of different options to choose from and because of this, it's easy to find a motor that would suit your needs.

RB motors are similar in performance to the novarossi lines. A little less to choose from, but they each serve a purpose and target certain areas. You have an economy motors (S5), a step up to the S7, then the WS7 for racers, and the top of the line C6. Each motor in their lineup is good at the intended purpose. Price is a little higher, but the quality is up there too. Good power output, reliable, and quality control is good too. Easy to tune, but with the break in I'd keep an eye on the pin. RB plugs are good to, with the platinum plugs you get a premium plug that keeps you going. I've used their platinum plugs in most of my motors for over 5 years without an element failure.

Sirios to me are the beast. You can get them and it's a pain to break in, but if you take your time the power is brutal. You can get a quality matched motor in the STI for a very reasonable price whose power is unreal. Parts may not be as available as other lines, but it's still a good motor. Sirio's technology is awesome, and their motors show it.

The other lines like JP's, GO's, Orion's, etc all have good points and features, but it's up to the user to decide what to use.
Old 03-25-2009, 12:01 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by SPEEDSKI
I have NEVER had any problems tuning any of my C6's. The Low end needle is around 5 turns out, and the High End needle is around 3.5 out. These are what RB recommends and they are dead on, only a 2 hr difference + or - depending on weather conditions.

Most people that say negative things about RB have never had one. I have tried almost every brand out there, and there is just something about the RB that I just really like. Good Luck

PS, I am also with you guys that like the JX, Plus 4 and the P5, I have been seeing good things from my buddies that run those mills.
I didn't say anything bad about the C6. The man had said that he was new to racing but then clarified that he wasn't new to nitro. I was saying that if a person doesn't know how to tune it would suck to kill a $470 engine early from not knowing how to tune. I never said that an RB was difficult to tune.
Old 03-25-2009, 01:45 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Buggy
1. O.S SPEED
2. NR Plus 4
3. JX Ninja

Truggy
1. O.S SPEED
2. NR Toro Nero
3. JX Ninja
Old 03-25-2009, 05:32 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

85% of buggy racers would be faster on the track with a slower motor. Everybody "thinks" they need more motor and "think" they are faster when roaching the straight aways, but put the watch on them and it's just not the case. Especially for a novice nitro driver, there's more important things than pure speed. Ease of tuning, keeping a tune, longevity, smoothness of power, idling performance, lack of flame outs, runtime, and on and on.

Add all that up, and couple it with plenty of power, and my vote for the ultimate buggy engine is the Novarossi +4 and dynamite 053 pipe. It's a set it and forget it combo that will work everytime you throw it on the track, and will outlast about anything on the market, while still giving you plenty of power, copious runtime, and longevity you can only get with a novarossi.
Old 03-25-2009, 05:47 AM
Tech Adept

Default jx

mugen ninja jx.21 o.s2060
Old 03-25-2009, 07:32 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Aaron you just want to be Tom! Haha! I can't wait to meet and race with you. The track is going to be awesome and it is so good to have a place to race midweek. I hear nothing but the best things about you.

You are getting a monster of a motor! I can't wait to break my C6 out. Just stinks that both you and Tom are running the USA edition! How can I get such an awesome motor and still have you 2 running something better! I had an S7 that was a killer until I wasted it by having a leak in my tank and running the thing super lean until I noticed it. I can't even imagine the C6.

One thing was said that I believe. Too much motor in the hands of a novice is actually worse than a mellow motor. When I started racing I had an OS that was a dog, I got better times. Stepping from that into the S7 I was all over the place. If I have problems with the C6, I plan on using the exponential until I get used to it. Since you race a bunch of indoor stuff, I am sure you have good throttle control to begin with. So you are far from a beginner.

When we working on the track?

-Keith
Old 03-25-2009, 10:49 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rearviewmirror
I probably shouldn't post this, but I have to ask. If you're new to nitro racing why on earth spend that much on an engine? Most people actually are slowed by an overly powerful engine. For $600 you could buy THREE very capable engines. If I was spending $600 I'd go with a Nova or Go (3-port race) which ~$185) and save the rest or have a practice/race engine setup.
Even in a truggy
Old 03-25-2009, 02:25 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

Originally Posted by derek_18mt
Even in a truggy

..There are at least 5 engines I can think of for $150 or less, that will be more than enough power for any truggy, as well as increase your run times, and give you faster lap times because you are not fighting the engine...also, most people do not realize this, especially newbie's...the more powerful your engine is the faster you will wear out your bearings, axels, drive pins, CVD's, diff gears, Clutch bell, clutch shoes, and spur gear, as well as pinion gears..i have actually seen people SHRED their entire drive train, because the engine was too powerful and they couldn't tame it
Old 03-25-2009, 03:29 PM
Tech Master

Get a Jammin .21(JPX .21) for $200 and laugh as you blow the C6's away. I have 3 RB's, but no more. Too expensive for the performance they provide. There are better deals out there.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.