Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road
I don't know how some people stay in business! >

I don't know how some people stay in business!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

I don't know how some people stay in business!

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2008, 05:29 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 163 (100%+)

tilted has allways given me great service
Old 10-31-2008, 05:32 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

I have done most of my business with Tilted recently and had a only a few glitches on shipping. I'll take that for the great prices! When I did have the 2 issues, Lisa has emailed me back with a response within a few hours. That's fine with me. I know how it is. I run a small machine shop, it's only me. I strive to get everything done in a timely matter, but sometimes I get overwhelmed and it looks like I will never get done. When I get pissed about shipping issues, I just remember the same thing happens in my shop. At least Tilted deals with retail customers, I have to do the service end. Imagine having somebody call you 10/31/08 about rebuilding his snowmobile shocks, asking me how soon I can get them done. I say a few days turnaround. Then in late December he ships them when there is snow on the ground, and calls every 2 hours asking when he can get them back. I feel like saying you should have shipped them to me when you called 2 months ago. Sorry for the rant, but it's already starting for me this year. That's why I switched from racing sleds to RC cars. Much less stress, plus I can have a drink to calm me down.
I'll stick with Tilted, I haven't seen anybody match their prices yet. If it takes a few extra days sometimes, I'll have to live with it. If I need it the next day or rush, I will call or email first to see if it's possible.
Old 10-31-2008, 06:16 AM
Tech Rookie

Imagine having somebody call you 10/31/08 about rebuilding his snowmobile shocks, asking me how soon I can get them done. I say a few days turnaround. Then in late December he ships them when there is snow on the ground, and calls every 2 hours asking when he can get them back. I feel like saying you should have shipped them to me when you called 2 months ago. Sorry for the rant, but it's already starting for me this year. That's why I switched from racing sleds to RC cars.
Looneytune... I feel your pain
I rebuild sled shocks too... the ONLY ones that arent an absolute emergency need them done immediately if not sooner... are the ones on my own sled
Old 10-31-2008, 06:17 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 46 (100%+)

I've been dealing with Homer and Lisa for a few years now and in every way possible they have been outstanding.I know they have been crazy busy lately with thier new venture and it sounds like they are doing what they can to make it right.
Old 10-31-2008, 06:20 AM
Tech Apprentice

Tilted for the win

I have ordered many times from Homer and never had an issue. Frequently, I'll get my packages before the charges hit my account.
Old 10-31-2008, 08:17 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

+100 for tiltedrc.com

Keep up the good work Homer.
Old 10-31-2008, 08:27 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

This is why I usually prefer to order by phone when I'm in a hurry. If there is some problem they can tell me about it right away. Fortunately everyone I deal with is extremely helpful and professional.
Old 10-31-2008, 08:33 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

Originally Posted by wingracer
This is why I usually prefer to order by phone when I'm in a hurry. If there is some problem they can tell me about it right away. Fortunately everyone I deal with is extremely helpful and professional.
I was just about to respond and say the same thing. If you NEED something by a certain date, you need to call and talk to someone to see if they can ship it out TODAY. IF not, call somewhere else.

Ordering on a Tuesday when you NEED it by Saturday is kinda risky....
Old 10-31-2008, 10:57 AM
Tech Lord

I once made a last minute phone call to one of my usual suppliers for a rapid shipment before a big out of town race. It wasn't a needed part, just a new option that had just come out. He said he would try to get it to me in time. Well I was a but disappointed that it didn't show before I left but when I got to the track another racer handed me the part. He had ordered a bunch of them the day before me so my supplier gave him a call and asked him to hook me up since it was too late to ship one to me. Now that is some good service.
Old 10-31-2008, 03:00 PM
Tech Regular

Stop whining, the guy you speak of will go above and beyond for racers, he is human and has a life also, maybe he has family or pesonal business that was a little more important than your shipping
Old 10-31-2008, 03:37 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

I just wanted to chime in and agree with the others that TiltedRC and Homer are fantastic. I'd recommend them to anyone.
Old 10-31-2008, 03:57 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (90%+)

stop whining? nobodys whining here, i just stated what happend, didnt mention the shop, and was just upset i didnt get what i paid for. im sure homer has a life, but he runs a service to the public and if i was disatified with my service i paid for i have the right to complain. im sure homer pleases 99 out of 100 customers but for those few customers that felt like they did not receive what they paid for those 99 dont matter.
Old 10-31-2008, 04:23 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

frank,

you are correct. you have every right to vent. You paid for a service that you did not receive.

With that said, we all make mistakes and Lisa, Homer and the rest of the http://tiltedrc.com crew are one of the best in the business.
Old 10-31-2008, 04:33 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by golferdude1971
If you are unhappy with your service bring it to their attention, as it makes no sense to voice it here.
You should read his post again golferdude, He mentioned that he sent an email to them. Looks to me like he did take it up with them .

CarolinasRC is the place to go for R/C gear.
Old 10-31-2008, 04:48 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Homer Allman
Instead of allowing us to do right thing after our mistake you felt the need to vent here. Thats fine and your right. However I to have rights also. I appreciate your order very much but since you are such an unhappy customer I do not wish to further make you unhapy with us. I can cancel your order and give you a full refund. I'm sorry things didn't work out for you in this case. Thanks your time and opportunity to do business with you.

www.tiltedrc.com slow shipping great prices, you decide. :-)

Am I reading this right? Did you cancel(refund) the guys order without asking him or are you giving him the option of cancelling out the order with a full refund? I really wanna know the answer to that question before I order with you guys.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.