Community
Wiki Posts
Search

new one18th forum

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2008, 08:28 AM
Suspended

Thumbs up new one18th forum

With the death of the original one18th it left a lot of folks hanging, and even more clamoring for a new place to hang out -- and that's what we hope to do here.

http://one18th.proboards106.com/

Our goal is to become the leading on-line authority for all Mini and Micro Scale cars, kits, electronics, painting, racing - everything! We have a full website in the works, as well as an on-line store, with nothing but 1/14th and smaller scale related items from vendors all around the globe. We will be offering raffles, vendor prizes and more in the near future. So spread the word, and lets make this the best one18th resource on the Net!

Make sure and check your email and become a full Regitered Member, you can't post on the forum without doing so.

Please be sure to introduce yourself, and take a minute to set up your profile so everyone knows who you are -- and most importantly, tell all your friends about the new and improved one18th!

Jump in, and have fun
Old 10-06-2008, 03:38 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Ehh.
Old 10-18-2008, 08:02 AM
Tech Adept

Default one18th site

yes the site could be good but you ban members for sticking up for themselves wehn you decide you know more than them..... nice.
Old 10-18-2008, 09:53 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by newbie*
yes the site could be good but you ban members for sticking up for themselves wehn you decide you know more than them..... nice.
Uh oh......could this be the return of AJG?
Old 10-18-2008, 02:58 PM
Suspended

Originally Posted by newbie*
no, we only ban members that argue incessantly with other members, tell off the mods and the site owner, refuse to shut up when given a warning, and force the staff to clean up all their rude and offending posts.
we also ban trolls that come as a group from competing discussion boards, doing nothing but blogging about their "other site," while trying to sow discorad through our forum.
while we love members that are experts and can truely add something meaningful to the discussions, we don't much care for the ones that own but one RC car and proclaim themselves an expert and are rude about it.

but everyone else is more than welcome
Old 10-19-2008, 07:54 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 10 (92%+)

Is this in ties with the old one18th.com?? Im kinda guessing so since your using there logo and call it the "New and improved" but Im having a hard time seeing the improved part... Since when has going from a vbulletin forum to a free forum software site better or improved??
If your not in ties with the old one18th, I suggest ya get a new logo and quit trying to bite off the old site. Theres some laws that wont work in your favor.
Old 10-20-2008, 07:45 AM
Suspended

Originally Posted by 4u2nv
Is this in ties with the old one18th.com?? Im kinda guessing so since your using there logo and call it the "New and improved" but Im having a hard time seeing the improved part... Since when has going from a vbulletin forum to a free forum software site better or improved??
If your not in ties with the old one18th, I suggest ya get a new logo and quit trying to bite off the old site. Theres some laws that wont work in your favor.
i don't know if there is a question in here, or if you're just commenting in a rather lame and childish attempt to trash our site?
or maybe it's because you're advertising a competing DB to this one in your signature line?
or that there already is a www.andysgraphics.com and you're just angry and playing off their name?
or that you haven't a faintest clue about copyright laws but want to sound like you do?

but we're just trying to keep it fun, provide a troll-free forum, a place that peacefully co-exists without all the trashtalking and BS seen so many places, and a site for everyone that enjoys minis to hang out and talk about them since the old place is dead and gone.

everyone else is more than welcome
Old 10-20-2008, 03:36 PM
Suspended

Um Im not bashing anything, I was simply asking if this site was tied in with the original One18th forum.. You know, the one your using their logo from??

2nd, Ive never registered on your site or the previous one18th. The site you named isnt even the same as in my sig. My www.AndysGraphiX.com.

I think you might need some reading lessons.

And I was simply asking, how is it "New and Improved" if it was tied in with the other one because if it was, I dont see how going from a site with sponsors, vendors and a team on a vbulletin webpage to a free forum would be a improvement.

As far as copyright laws, your talking to the wrong guy if you want to dispute anything. Copywrite laws is a BIG part of what I do for a living, and in fact if you DONT have ties with the original one18th, it is certainly illegal to use there logo without permission.
Old 10-20-2008, 04:15 PM
Suspended

if it's not at shot at bashing it's the silliest and strangest question I've ever heard. thank god you haven't joined, we much prefer our drama-free format.

i don't need reading lessons, maybe it's that you need spelling lessons; unless of course you intentionally misspelled the word graphics to confuse potential customers to come to your similarly name site or because another company already existed. don't play games with me.

it would be just a wild guess, but when the old site was sold to anther entity the "sponsors and vendors" went away. you know, like losi not wanting to advertise on a site owned by associated. funny how it works that way.

if you know anything about copyright laws you'd also know that you actually have to have something copyrighted, and pay to retain those rights, to bother arguing about it.

like I said, thanks for the inquiry and while I could do without the lame childish bashing we do appreciate the attention because you have single-handedly managed to increase our site activity.

everyone else is still more than welcome
Old 10-21-2008, 12:04 AM
Suspended

You sure are setting a great example of what kind of assbags to expect at your pretend forum. I give it 2 weeks before its dead or you get sued.. Maybe Ill have to give the REAL owner on one18th a call..
Old 10-21-2008, 12:25 AM
Tech Initiate

You sure are setting a great example of what kind of assbags to expect at your pretend forum...
X2

what a joke... looking for perks from vendors and to top it off they cant even be original.

If mini_mac is is running the show its sure to be drama filled not free
Old 10-21-2008, 02:57 AM
Suspended

Originally Posted by ScaleRacer
X2
what a joke... looking for perks from vendors and to top it off they cant even be original.
If mini_mac is is running the show its sure to be drama filled not free
as long as we keep children and trolls like you out of the mix we'll remain fine and free for all of our members
Old 10-21-2008, 03:20 AM
Suspended

You sure are setting a great example of what kind of assbags to expect at your pretend forum. I give it 2 weeks before its dead or you get sued.. Maybe Ill have to give the REAL owner on one18th a call..
you sure are setting a great example of just what kind of people we don't want at our forum, especially those trolling for comments using rude and irrational claims and behaving obnoxiously so as to call someone out for doing exactly what they themselves are just as guilty of doing.
you can call batman for all I care, and maybe I'll call the REAL owner of www.andysgraphics.com.

i also plan on reporting your actions including the harassment namecalling and use of profanity, including your advertising of a competing forum in your signature, to the operators of this site and maybe they'll give you another dose of the ban button.

so sorry hear that your stay with us was cut short but your tantrums and childish gamesmanship here mirrored your efforts on our site.

thank you again for all the attention, as well as showing people exactly what kind of behavior we don't need on our forum.

everyone else is still more than welcome
Old 10-21-2008, 03:28 AM
Suspended

I apologize to all the adults, and young adults, out there but we're all aware that there are those types like the ones that have continually harassed me here that didn't learn to play nice with others on the playground and still have problems with it today.

As I said before our goal is to become the leading on-line authority for all Mini and Micro Scale cars, kits, electronics, painting, racing - everything! We have a full website in the works, as well as an on-line store, with nothing but 1/14th and smaller scale related items from vendors all around the globe. We will be offering raffles, vendor prizes and more in the near future. So spread the word, and lets make this the best one18th resource on the Net!

Please be sure to introduce yourself, and take a minute to set up your profile so everyone knows who you are -- and most importantly, tell all your friends about the new and improved one18th!

Thanks again

Last edited by mini_mac; 10-21-2008 at 08:09 PM.
Old 10-30-2008, 08:56 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

without the bs and a paid for site: www.rcmodzone.com

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.