Community
Wiki Posts
Search

RB C6BBT L2G or OS Speed 21.

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2008, 11:10 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

+1 Excellent and accurate comparison Inside_Line.

One of the reason why I like the C6 is the massive power. You can easily gear it up to control the power. Hence you will have some serious usable topend and still out power a Speed on the bottom. The speed is a good engine no doubt about it. Anyway it's still a matter of who's driving it and not what's being driven.
Old 09-02-2008, 01:18 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

I run the C6 L2G in my 8b. I love it. I don't see the problem that other people have with it in a buggy as compared to a truggy. The power is massive, but yet I have no problem controlling it. Its responsiveness amazes me! It comes off bottem with no hesitation. And wheel spin is controllable with throttle control.
Admittedly I have never run the OS speed. And at this point I see no reason to switch. I get great time out of a tank, 10 + minutes. Tuning is a breeze, and holds very well.
My money will stay with an RB.
Old 09-02-2008, 01:21 PM

sniff, sniff Maximo will be here shortly... anyone wanna take bets!! shit me thinks i can smell him coming!!!
Old 09-02-2008, 01:26 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Loop&Roll
sniff, sniff Maximo will be here shortly... anyone wanna take bets!! shit me thinks i can smell him coming!!!

both motors rock.... but I prefer the C6 !
Old 09-02-2008, 01:38 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Cvdiver
I run the C6 L2G in my 8b. I love it. I don't see the problem that other people have with it in a buggy as compared to a truggy. The power is massive, but yet I have no problem controlling it. Its responsiveness amazes me! It comes off bottem with no hesitation. And wheel spin is controllable with throttle control.
Admittedly I have never run the OS speed. And at this point I see no reason to switch. I get great time out of a tank, 10 + minutes. Tuning is a breeze, and holds very well.
My money will stay with an RB.
are you using the 2045 pipe?
Old 09-02-2008, 02:03 PM
Tech Adept

OS speed....all the wayy in a buggy of course

Those are two high end engines you cant loose with!!
Old 09-02-2008, 02:42 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

josh c

hows your xray going?? BTW kc and i think the new jx ninja 21 are a good motor.
Old 09-02-2008, 03:20 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

I'd recommend OS Speed 21
Old 09-03-2008, 05:29 AM
Tech Apprentice

Thanks heaps for your comparison there inside_line, that is exactly what i was after. Anyone else with a direct comparison.
Old 09-03-2008, 07:00 AM
Tech Regular

I love my speed, but having said that, haven't tried a C6 yet....

Originally Posted by Inside_Line
Bang for the buck would be the new Mugen JX21, it has the same crank as the speed. On sale here:
http://www.airlandhobbies.com/catalo...1585242210.htm
Awesome comparison there, but FYI (and i'm not trying to be rude) the only similarities between the speed and the JX cranks is the DLC coating. The JX has slightly different timing to the speed, and it doesn't have the tungstun slugs like the speed....
Old 09-03-2008, 08:42 PM
Tech Apprentice

i tempted to go the OS speed, as it will go in an Xray 808 which is fairly light and won't need all the power of an RB, plus i will get better consumption. Will probably get better lap times with an os speed. What does everyone else think.
Old 09-03-2008, 09:35 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 208 (100%+)

Originally Posted by josh_c
i tempted to go the OS speed, as it will go in an Xray 808 which is fairly light and won't need all the power of an RB, plus i will get better consumption. Will probably get better lap times with an os speed. What does everyone else think.
Josh Wheeler runs at my track. He runs an OS with a JP4 pipe and M2C clutch setup in his 808. His buggy is very impressive. Very quick and idle is very good. I had asked him about the engine he was running last weekend. He said he was not running a special tuned engine. Off the shelf unit.

I do not think you can go wrong with the OS.
Old 09-03-2008, 11:07 PM
Tech Apprentice

The problems associated with the OS v-spec, are they rectified with the OS speed. You get some people that obsoletely despise the V-Spec from a quality point of view, regarding engine cases, air leaks and longevity. Are these apparent on the OS speed.
Old 09-04-2008, 05:43 AM
Tech Regular

The speed doesn't have the issues that the V-spec has! It has a ceramic rear main bearing, the crank has a DLC (diamond like carbon) hard coating which almost eliminates any wear on the crank or crank pin. The first speed had tuning/cooling issues with the mag head (i am yet to have any) but this was rectified with the Speed AL. When running in, i highly recommend using a heat gun to pre heat the engine before starting for the first 4-5 tanks as it greatly reduces the strain on the con-rod. Also it pays to seal the carb and the back plate, not always needed but it's cheap insurance!

The speed is not a cheap engine, but it tunes very easily, has awesome top end that just keeps revving and an extremely smooth but progressive power delivery.... you will not be dissapointed. As with all hi end motors, it all comes down to how you treat them!
Old 09-04-2008, 06:15 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by lowey79
The speed doesn't have the issues that the V-spec has! It has a ceramic rear main bearing, the crank has a DLC (diamond like carbon) hard coating which almost eliminates any wear on the crank or crank pin. The first speed had tuning/cooling issues with the mag head (i am yet to have any) but this was rectified with the Speed AL. When running in, i highly recommend using a heat gun to pre heat the engine before starting for the first 4-5 tanks as it greatly reduces the strain on the con-rod. Also it pays to seal the carb and the back plate, not always needed but it's cheap insurance!

The speed is not a cheap engine, but it tunes very easily, has awesome top end that just keeps revving and an extremely smooth but progressive power delivery.... you will not be dissapointed. As with all hi end motors, it all comes down to how you treat them!

I haven't had any tuning or heat issues with the MAG Speed. I actually prefer the MAG head over the AL.

As for the the V-Spec, they are definitely not he same as the Speed. The difference in price is not all performance as most expect, but the materials used also.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.