4. Paul Lemieux (US) - 183L 60:15.271 [Xray/Max/Jaco]
5. Jilles Groskamp (NL) - 182L 60:06.295 [Kyosho/Sirio/Matrix]
6. Tironi Francesco (IT) - 182L 60:18.076 [Kyosho/Sirio/Matrix]
7. Martin Christensen (DK) - 173L 57:18.047 [Xray/Sirio/Matrix]
8. Adrien Bertin (LUX) - 139L 52:43.743 [Kyosho/Orion/Matrix]
9. Teemu Leino (FI) - 112L 37:27.985 [Xray/Orion/Xray]
10. Balestri Dario (IT) - 52L 25:17.506 [Team Magic/NR/ATS]

Quote from Ofna:

Well done to Picco World driver Daniele Ielasi on winning the IFMAR 2008 World Championship using the Picco/JL .12 Tuned, the same engine you can buy (yes, Alberto Picco has confirmed this). This win shows the U.S. market that a street of $200.00 can beat them all for less!

Alberto reports, "The Picco/JL ran great all day.. with its super fuel mileage and stable tune, the engine was untouchable if Daniele can get a clean race.. Well he did!"

Nice work!!!
Old 08-17-2008, 12:50 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by prostock

Quote from Ofna:
[I]
Well done to Picco World driver Daniele Ielasi on winning the IFMAR 2008 World Championship using the Picco/JL .12 Tuned, the same engine you can buy (yes, Alberto Picco has confirmed this).
What a crock of sheit! Do those F-tards at OFNA think that we can't tell the difference between engines?! That's a straight-up Picco motor that had NOTHING to do with Jeffery Lin. Yes, it's made by Picco, but that's as close as the "JL" motor gets to taking credit for this win. Congrats the Eduardo and Alberto for winning with THEIR engine - a genuine Picco made to THEIR specs.
Old 08-17-2008, 01:14 PM
Tech Elite

So now I'm lost

Like where does this fight about a .12 engine fit into this thread?

What's next... "Open" class GT cars with .12 engines?

Yea... yea... bring it to our track please, more cars to lap

O'yea

Big Congrats to Kyosho, Daniele Ielasi & Chris Tosolini for getting the job done!
Old 08-17-2008, 01:18 PM
Tech Master

We had a race day today in rather wet conditions... only few survived thruout the day.. results:

1.Kyosho
2.Kyosho
3.Kyosho
4.HN GTP
5.Kyosho
6.Kyosho

I had the honour to win.. too bad we didn't we have any DM-1's to fight against though it was promised pre-race.....next time.
Old 08-17-2008, 02:28 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Jspeed
So now I'm lost

Like where does this fight about a .12 engine fit into this thread? Big Congrats to Kyosho, Daniele Ielasi & Chris Tosolini for getting the job done!
I completely agree with you. I don't know why it was even posted in here, but I was compelled to respond because I'm tired of the frauds at OFNA and their minions trying to take credit for everyone elses hard work. They do nothing but put stickers on someone elses product, claim that it's different so they can sell it, but when the "real" brand wins something, suddenly it's exactly the same with a different label. Absolute frauds.

Mika, nice job at the race. I'll be interested to see how the IGT2 runs against the current cars. I'm not a big fan of all the tires that are cropping up for these cars because it's going to lead the class down the same slippery slope as touring cars. I think tracks should pick a long lasting spec tire and make it mandatory. For all the guys that want to go faster with foam tires, I suggest you look at the 1/8 on-road class. There's a car where you can spend as much as you want and still be no more competitive than the next guy. The grass roots spec racing is what made this class so popular, and I'd hate to see it ruined by the crowd that want's to outspend their competitors in order to be more competitive. Keep it cheap guys and it will last a lot longer!
Old 08-17-2008, 05:26 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rcg33k
........Mika, nice job at the race. I'll be interested to see how the IGT2 runs against the current cars. I'm not a big fan of all the tires that are cropping up for these cars because it's going to lead the class down the same slippery slope as touring cars. I think tracks should pick a long lasting spec tire and make it mandatory. For all the guys that want to go faster with foam tires, I suggest you look at the 1/8 on-road class. There's a car where you can spend as much as you want and still be no more competitive than the next guy. The grass roots spec racing is what made this class so popular, and I'd hate to see it ruined by the crowd that want's to outspend their competitors in order to be more competitive. Keep it cheap guys and it will last a lot longer!
Thank you for saying this as well. Jspeed and I have been saying pretty much the same thing on other threads as well as this one on the IGT car. I have had more fun racing with my IGT stock than I have in any other class that I have raced, both on and off road. It is fun when the playing field is level and car setup and driving skills (or lack thereof) are the determining factor on who wins and who loses. I am with you, lets keep this class as simple as possible. Today's IGT newbie racer might be tomorrow's touring car/1/8th scale competitor, keeping the racing scene alive.
Old 08-17-2008, 07:34 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by MikaR
We had a race day today in rather wet conditions... only few survived thruout the day.. results:

1.Kyosho
2.Kyosho
3.Kyosho
4.HN GTP
5.Kyosho
6.Kyosho

I had the honour to win.. too bad we didn't we have any DM-1's to fight against though it was promised pre-race.....next time.
Congrats MikaR on the Win for yourself and Kyosho's Inferno GT!
Old 08-18-2008, 12:15 AM
Tech Master

Thanks guys! I'll be getting my GT2 soon and am very much interested in trying out it on our local track layout as well as the new SG -shaft engine that comes with it.
Old 08-18-2008, 12:43 AM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by Jspeed
Congrats MikaR on the Win for yourself and Kyosho's Inferno GT!
Yup Mika won but I was fastest I just had to say this. Also Pieto was fastes in qualifying (on the wet surface) Anyhow the race was really tight between top three, Mika (Ferrari), me (McLaren) and Pieto (Nissan). It could have turned any way around easily. Also this GTP2 was doing really good before it broke both front and rear differentials.

We had one DM-1 in lineup, but this guy had really bad luck as it had been raining all night, some water came down on his car (and electrics) from the pit tents roof So we did not get a chance to compete against it, but lika Mika wrote next time then...
Old 08-18-2008, 11:08 AM
Tech Adept

Default grow up!

[QUOTE=rcg33k;4748109]I completely agree with you. I don't know why it was even posted in here, but I was compelled to respond because I'm tired of the frauds at OFNA and their minions trying to take credit for everyone elses hard work. They do nothing but put stickers on someone elses product, claim that it's different so they can sell it, but when the "real" brand wins something, suddenly it's exactly the same with a different label. Absolute frauds.

RCG,

Sorry to all if the news I posted rubs you the wrong way but this is R/C and a Kyosho chassis won the race!!! (thread topic shouldn't matter)

Ofna minions? No if you have a problem with Ofna then you should write to them and voice your opinion about their branding. I am a big fan and supporter of Kyosho for my ten plus hobby years.

Ofna has never appealed to me until now with the DM-1's (the car handles great) quality / fit & finish. I think you guys are expecting a little to much for all these adult toy companies!!!

Enjoy your racing!
Old 08-18-2008, 11:49 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by MikkoL
Yup Mika won but I was fastest I just had to say this. Also Pieto was fastes in qualifying (on the wet surface) Anyhow the race was really tight between top three, Mika (Ferrari), me (McLaren) and Pieto (Nissan). It could have turned any way around easily. Also this GTP2 was doing really good before it broke both front and rear differentials.

We had one DM-1 in lineup, but this guy had really bad luck as it had been raining all night, some water came down on his car (and electrics) from the pit tents roof So we did not get a chance to compete against it, but lika Mika wrote next time then...
Watch out Mika, looks like Mikko is turning up the heat

Was the guy that broke the diffs in the GTP running the "spool" or the 2speed?
Old 08-18-2008, 04:47 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MiamizFinest
I set up my losi 8ight like that about a year ago useing inferno gt suspention parts and a few other things and i gotta tell u first hand that things handled like a dream car, if those things start showing up in the inferno gt classes i think the inferno is going to get left way behind the losi onroad handles so much better
I'm stoked to see more/different buggy based GT cars like this. It makes one wonder why the various buggy companies don't sell "on-road" conversion kits for their buggies.

......ive done a little switching around with the motors now one has a picco 28 P3, another with the ninja 28 and the last one still has the LRP28 Spec 3.........
So what are your comments regarding those three motors? I'd be VERY interested to know which you like best and why.
Old 08-18-2008, 05:06 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Were the GTP2 diff failures in the ring/pinion or in the diff spider gears? The ring gear is huge and looks indestructible.

Did you open the cases to change lubricants or were the diff cases left sealed and stock?

I noticed the same greenish grease both within the diff and on the ring/pinion.

Mine have been refilled with 100K/40K and ring/pinion lubed with Mobil 1 synth grease but not run yet.
Old 08-18-2008, 06:27 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Originally Posted by danketchpel
I'm stoked to see more/different buggy based GT cars like this. It makes one wonder why the various buggy companies don't sell "on-road" conversion kits for their buggies.

So what are your comments regarding those three motors? I'd be VERY interested to know which you like best and why.

so far neither of those 3 are my favorite's still the nitro motor of choice for me the novarossi 528 8 port i had it in a inferno gt till i dropped it in the losi eight, the power is just insane and still being geared to the moon it lights up the tires, honestly its WAY TO OVER POWERED for any kind of onroad racing i wouldnt recomend it for REAL racing PLUS with the inferno gt tank ud only pull about 4minuet run times since it sucks up fuel big time

the PICCO 28 P3 is a AWSOME motor it revs like hell and has the best responce ive seen so far, that snap feel it has is great but its less tourque on the bottom end makes it MUCH more controlable than the 528 for 200 bucks its worth every penny you cant go wrong, if the inferno was and OPEN class im sure ud see those motors on pretty much every car

the LRP in a inferno gt being a much lighter can than the usual monster truck really doesnt feel that much diffrent than the picco, drives good tunes good i have no complains, but in a heavier truck like the savage or LST im sure the diffrence between the picco and LRP is more noticable, from the dynos i saw a while back i think the LRP is only 10 ounces less HP than the Picco BUT it revs a little high (dont rember the exact numbers) its also a good buy

and finally the ninja 28, YES the ninja 28 from what ive READ has the smoothest powerband out of all 4 motors ive mentioned, and YES ive SEEN them run in inferno gt's and heard them REV till the end of time BUT i picked up that ninja 28 about a month ago and still have not used it since ive bein really into my baja 5b i havent really used any other cars but once i test the id let u know im sure once i test it, im sure it will be my new favorite

also i got the chance to see a kyosho WC777 set up with a few inferno gt parts like the shocks,shock towers, and single speed convertion for top end speed my friend gus built it a few weeks back and i saw it run in person and i gotta tell THAT MOTOR WAS FREAKING SCARY FAST my jaw dropped, i would have never expected how fast it wound up and how high it reved as you can image im already looking to see if i can pick one up to

but IMO for inferno gt racing i think the picco 28 P3 would be the best choice bang for your buck!!
Old 08-18-2008, 06:57 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

but IMO for inferno gt racing i think the picco 28 P3 would be the best choice bang for your buck!!
Thanks for the feedback!!! The P3 sounds like a great choice. I'm running a Picco .26Max "JL Red Dot" in my T-Maxx right now and am very happy with it.

Post back your thoughts on the Ninja .28 once you've run it.

.......have not used it since ive bein really into my baja 5b i havent really used any other cars......
LOL, I've got my eyes on a Baja 5BSS also. A friend has one and totally loves it.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.