Wiki Posts
Search

Jammin X1 - so close yet so far

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2008, 10:30 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 48 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Panther
The Jammin car is one of the heaviest buggies that competes on the national scene. That is the need for the light stuff on it. I dremeled off unnecessary plastic and put every lightweight item on my car. I NEVER put the aluminum items on my car other than the alum center diff mount. It all adds up and helps.

This car hands down is one of the best and most consistant from track to track on the market,for the beginner and the pro.

also when you lighten up the car it does less strain one the parts of the vehicle for instance you take a 9lb truggy vs an 11 lb truggy the 9lb will be better on bearings, clutches(as they will have less strain),a-arms less strain on hard landings eg...same for lightened driveline less weight to pull makes the car accelerate that much harder and parts will last longer...there are many affects to a lighter vehicle why do you think everyone is going into production with lighter vehicles because they perform well and last longer

anyway onto my question:

if i run the pbs what should i expect i've been told that the car turns better but at the cost of being twitchy...i ask because i just got another jammin with both c-hub and pbs..i am gonna try the c-hub first but may put the pbs on if i feel the need
Old 06-09-2008, 02:29 AM
Tech Addict

is the X2 out already?
Old 06-09-2008, 02:41 AM

Originally Posted by NitroLuver
also when you lighten up the car it does less strain one the parts of the vehicle for instance you take a 9lb truggy vs an 11 lb truggy the 9lb will be better on bearings, clutches(as they will have less strain),a-arms less strain on hard landings eg...same for lightened driveline less weight to pull makes the car accelerate that much harder and parts will last longer...there are many affects to a lighter vehicle why do you think everyone is going into production with lighter vehicles because they perform well and last longer

anyway onto my question:

if i run the pbs what should i expect i've been told that the car turns better but at the cost of being twitchy...i ask because i just got another jammin with both c-hub and pbs..i am gonna try the c-hub first but may put the pbs on if i feel the need
I disagree with you, a buggy which is too light is going to be weaker, lightening a buggy has to come at a cost if its over done. Granted the Jammin is heavy but I hope the next generation of buggies don't go light at the cost of longevity.
Old 06-14-2008, 04:17 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Loop&Roll
I disagree with you, a buggy which is too light is going to be weaker, lightening a buggy has to come at a cost if its over done. Granted the Jammin is heavy but I hope the next generation of buggies don't go light at the cost of longevity.
Just use titanium instead of aluminium and steel. You get the toughness of steel , with the weight of aluminum. Inconvenient: the cost!!

No X2 yet, and it's amazing with the worlds comming up and exclusive OFNA sponsorship!!

DR Z
Old 06-16-2008, 10:44 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Loop&Roll

yea i can see the point but if all you're doing is lightning up the driveline i don't think that's over doing it..now i wouldn't go and mill off areas of the chassis and drill out shock towers and stuff like that but as far as driveline i am thinking about getting the lightned cups for my car
Old 06-17-2008, 12:40 PM
Tech Adept

yea i can see the point but if all you're doing is lightning up the driveline i don't think that's over doing it..now i wouldn't go and mill off areas of the chassis and drill out shock towers and stuff like that but as far as driveline i am thinking about getting the lightned cups for my car
I doubt the overall weight loss will be noticeable, but you should feel the car has more snap when hitting the throttle....

DR Z
Old 06-17-2008, 02:04 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by DR ZAIRUS
I doubt the overall weight loss will be noticeable, but you should feel the car has more snap when hitting the throttle....

DR Z
i agree...
Old 06-17-2008, 08:45 PM
Tech Adept

Guy’s I have just finished racing our state IC Buggy/Truggy Championship down here in Queensland, Australia and the sponsored Hong Nor team buggy/truggy drivers dominated the finals Main. 1St place to Martin Wolhuter in buggy (Hong Nor X1XCR) and 1St place to Zac Ryan running the new Hong Nor X2 truggy (Asia/Pacific version). It was an awesome new track with good traction and super cross style jumps.

You Tube race links: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3KK5_...eature=related

Photos include my X1XCR buggy, Wolhuters X1XCR winning buggy (in scrutineering), and Wolhuter whole shotting the Buggy Main, sorry couldn’t get any shots of the new X2 truggy. Wolhuter runs all light outdrives and an aluminium centre diff mount.
Attached Thumbnails Jammin X1 - so close yet so far-img_2609.jpg   Jammin X1 - so close yet so far-img_2623.jpg   Jammin X1 - so close yet so far-img_2628.jpg  
Old 06-18-2008, 04:09 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Get all of the lightened drivetrain parts for your car and you'll notice a HUGE improvement in not only acceleration, but handling as well.

Get all of the lightened outdrives, the aluminum cross pins for the diff, a Kyosho lightened 48 tooth spur gear and the Hyper 8 Aluminum dog bones and diff cups. The Hyper 8 center drive line is alone 1 gram lighter than the X1-CR center universals.
Old 06-18-2008, 04:10 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by DR ZAIRUS

DR Z
You'd be surprised on how much of a handling difference there is with the car when I did everything to the car stated in the post above. Less rotating mass helps in all areas of the car.
Old 06-20-2008, 12:08 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Panther
You'd be surprised on how much of a handling difference there is with the car when I did everything to the car stated in the post above. Less rotating mass helps in all areas of the car.
Soooo many toys and soooo little time/$$$ !!!!!!!!!
Old 06-21-2008, 02:16 AM
Tech Elite

yea i will most likely do that...can't wait..and getting a new engine soon 2...possibly go or os!!!
Old 06-21-2008, 05:39 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

im working on bce pjx chassis conversion for my crt's im waiting on 2 driveshafts and waiting on getting my pinions shortend for the small gear conversion. once i get them together ill host my build pics and go from there
Old 06-21-2008, 09:15 AM
ALG
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by cheesecake
im working on bce pjx chassis conversion for my crt's im waiting on 2 driveshafts and waiting on getting my pinions shortend for the small gear conversion. once i get them together ill host my build pics and go from there

Nice having you again around!!!! Jammin is the way to go!!! little brands have big problems

Have fun and we have a VERY good buggy!!!!!!!!!

looking for the drive line under weight soooooooon
Old 06-22-2008, 12:08 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

And....

Don't forget to replace the 4 diff screws with titanium ones (3x12mm) on each of the 3 diffs!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.