Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Yokomo MR-4 TC Thread

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2001, 08:31 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Kentech- Thanks for the link to the Japan race. The thing that really gets me is that HPI is still changing that pro3. I think they really screwed everyone that was loyal to the pro2(which I was going to get until I heard the news of the pro3). Many racers out here have either went back to the pro2 or changed cars completely.. Oh well....It's no Yok right
Old 11-04-2001, 11:07 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

STLNLST: Well they had two car in the A and Hara was quite close to Masami so I think it's not that bad. Have to consider that the Pro3 is still realtively new while Yokomo has plenty of experience with the TC platform now. It took quite a while until the TC3 won it's first big race...although that was pretty well sorted when it was released. Have to say that I think the Pro3 version they raced there this weekend looks really great! Just wish I could have been there watching the race myself

Carpet season starting soon? Running just the XXXS or still running the TC3?

Last edited by kentech; 11-04-2001 at 11:10 AM.
Old 11-04-2001, 11:20 AM
Tech Elite

Well, if they had got it right in the first place, there would be no need for the totally new stuff! Granted, yok comes out with alot of new stuff, but their car always works great in the first place anyway!

Wonder what the point of those little do-dads on the upper deck and chassis is? Something to do with chassis flex? If it's a new chassis, I hope they take a hint and put droop screws on it

Speedo
Old 11-04-2001, 11:22 AM
Tech Elite

johnbull- Is your track relatively slippery? Because on a track like that, I could see why lighter oil would make the car easier to drive. However, when you are on carpet, it is probably different. Like Dave said, it must depend on so many different things.
Old 11-04-2001, 02:44 PM
Tech Addict

Default KENNY!!!

Hey Kentech!

On that website you posted it doesn't seem to have enlarged pictures of the cars!?!? If they do please direct me to them.

Thanks!
Old 11-04-2001, 07:20 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Well I won today at our final TC race of the season. Took the pole, but lost the lead after a first turn spin out. But gained it back shortly and held on for the 5 car length win against a XXX-S. We both ran 10t motors. He had a new P-94, and I had a home built 10t using the P2K pro can. It was fast! We both ran foams in the parking lot race. Anyways, I'm bummed out that it's my last race of the season. Not unless if I can find a local indoor track! I hope so! Welp, goin to bed. Take care guys!

Jimmy
Old 11-04-2001, 08:17 PM
Tech Champion

Kentech- The pro3 that hara has was dialed when he was here at Speedworld for a month but he always had special made parts for the car that still aren't in store's yet. I have yet to see a kit pro3 with all the over the counter hop ups even win or place well in a club race stock or mod. The car just wasn't ready to be put into production (I feel)......... Carpet starts in two weeks and I will be running the XXXS. The TC3 is pretty much sold(still waiting on the money order) The XXXS feels a bit more controllable than the TC3. The first time out with the car felt like I had 100 battery packs through it. We'll see how I do on the rug this year since there will be quite a few big dogs running again this year. I'm also looking to see how the new schumacher mission will do on carpet. Hopefully I can kick the sponsored schumacher guys while they're down since they will be testing different set up's Then there's JMO.......he's fast no matter what and if he should happen to have one bad qualifyier there's lil Alex to worry about. It's sure to be a mini nats for the first couple of races. How's the racing out your way?
Old 11-04-2001, 08:34 PM
Tech Elite

Congrats on the win, KilRuf

STLNLST, what does your name mean? Anyway, I agree with you on the pro-3. They should have spent more time in R&D! They launched it at the wrong time anyway, it got overshadowed by some other cars that came out around the same time.

Good luck with the XXX-S. About half of the TC3 guys here have also switched.
Old 11-04-2001, 09:26 PM
Regional Moderator

My friend from Thailand (Surikarn - Tamiya) in fifth place. Wow....
Old 11-05-2001, 02:09 AM
Tech Regular

Kentech: Do you have any latest pictures of the Yokomo cars running in the "All Japan Champ. race"?
Old 11-05-2001, 02:33 AM
Tech Master

MIKA: Look for the final report from the japan nats on http://www.rczone.net later today maybe. Will be some pics there.

For some more pics of Masamis car go here: http://www.hobby-one.co.jp/ten02.html

Clint: My point is that the Pro3 is a whole new concept and it takes time to get new things to work...especially as they have a small team. It was not until the Pro3 came that they really started racing. With the older cars they were not really into racing like now... Anyway I have never driven a Pro3 and there's no distributor here in Finland. The only time I have seen the Pro3 was at it's first race...the LRP Masters. Interesting comments about the xxxs/tc3...I have only seen the production xxxs once also, that was jukkas's car. The carpet season has started here but the FinTrack series starts in january.
Old 11-05-2001, 02:14 PM
Tech Champion

speedo- That name goes back to when I first started racing off road many years ago...STILL IN LAST is what they use to call me so that's the way I use to sign up. That name isn't true anymore....and if I do finish last in a race......someone was on channel 3.....LOL

Kentech-I can't argue with you on HPI doing their RD...but that's something that should have been done prior to releasing the kit. That pro2 was a very fast car, so expectations were high since the pro3 was said to be better. To me that car is only competative if you're sponsored because even team driver has had some new part on that car that was being tested and regular folks were stuck running a very flexible tyco (IMO)
The TC3 is still a very fast car but you have to be right on with your set up or you will have to fight the car during the race. With the XXXS you can be a little off on the set up but still get the car around the track. I TQ'ED and won the mod class at Ripon my first night out with the car. It was so easy to drive. That made my mind up on which car to keep.....that and Matt Francis living only 30min away. He's the one that gave me a basic set up for the car and told me what to change if the car pushed or was loose. All I had to do was drive.
Old 11-05-2001, 03:25 PM
Tech Elite

AH, I see, "still in last" LOL

Yup, the car that the HPI team drivers run I am sure is great. However, imagine the cost of all that stuff, and why should you have to anyway? Now HPI's next car won't have high expectations, so not as many ppl will buy it at its release. Therefore, HPI sure better work damn hard on the Pro 4!
Old 11-06-2001, 02:23 AM
Tech Regular

Kentech: Do you know what?! Umino was driving the AE-TC3 with Hotbodies parts for the "All Japan Champ. Race." That is why no photos are allowed for Umino's car. Its True!!
Old 11-06-2001, 03:07 AM
Tech Master

MIKA: I found out about that yesterday...interesting! There are pics of the car at the Orion Japan site...as you probably know.

STLNLST: So is Matt gonna do more TC racing now or was it just a one off?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.