Jammin X1 - so close yet so far

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2006, 03:34 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

^^^???
Old 11-07-2006, 07:07 PM
Tech Addict

I haven't had a chance to wheel one of the Losi's yet, I ran an SP2. The SP2 is what I will be running next year. I did have a chance to race against a few 8's at the Cash race in Mohamet. Lee M. was there and had one and it looked to be a hand full, very twitchy, he didn't have a good day. I am sure with some track time they will find what works best for setups. It looked very different as far as layouts for buggies. The thing I didn't like was the fact it had standard & metric bearings & hardware. That would drive me nuts.

Are you not going to the PS race?
Old 11-07-2006, 08:07 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

jammin story pls...
Old 11-07-2006, 08:25 PM
Tech Initiate

no i decided not to go. Im was kinda burnt out a little and just didnt feel up to it. But now that the race is here im wishing i had signed up when i had the chance. Right now me and justin are running onroad down in roxana for a nice change of pace and close to home.

How come you didnt go to the finals?
Old 11-07-2006, 08:34 PM
Tech Addict

Same reason really....just burnt out. We did so much traveling at the start of the season that it just got to be too much. Seemed like weekend there was something going on out of town. I am thinking of skipping the ProSeries next season and just racing the RCP state series if it gets more organized.

About three weeks ago I was thinking of going to the finals. Then I started thinking about the time off work and started playing with the numbers. It would have been a 1000.00 weekend easy. Thats just not right.
Old 11-07-2006, 11:08 PM
Tech Regular

Cool

I see alot of guys are jumping ship from Jammin to Losi or Hyper 8.

I must say that I am only getting started. The jammin car is up there with the best. I dont believe we have seen the best of the X1 CR as yet.
I am really looking forward to the New year of racing. Its gonna be good.
Please if you dont have or want to talk about the Jammin Start another thread. This ones for Jammin drivers only.

Scoot

Check my new mill. Have you seen this before. Crono RS5.
Hardened crank with worked sleeve.
Attached Thumbnails Jammin X1 - so close yet so far-vodacom2005-004.jpg  
Old 11-08-2006, 05:49 AM
Tech Elite

nice mill. never seen one before. i like the yummy blue head, but who is "Recab" racing? never heard of them...
Old 11-08-2006, 05:59 AM
Tech Regular

Hi there macnkitty2002. Check out this link.
The also make the OS Recab Vspec.

http://www.recab.fr/moteurs_gtblack.htm
Old 11-08-2006, 07:15 AM
Tech Addict

Hey Jeresyboy for your information I have been with this thread since the beging of it. Jeremy & I also happen to have run for Ofna for the last two seasons. I have done nothing but offer help to others in this thread and if those last few post of ours bother you that much then this will be the last post you see from me in your thread here.
Old 11-08-2006, 10:30 AM
Tech Adept

I love my Jammin FTE. It seems like one of the most forgiving cars out there as far as set up and driver goes. I love it because it is the kind of car you can grow with as a driver. I am no Kanai but I'm learning. As I get better and learn to set the car up better and learn the in's and outs of the car it works with me, not against me even when the setup isn't perfect. Some other cars seem to refuse to work at all unless you chase just the right setup. It's nice to be able to have fun and do well even if the cars setup isn't PERFECT. Plus the CR seems to not need constant changing. It is really adaptable to different layouts. The big thing for me was finding just the right amount of front toe out, which really wasn't a big deal, and playing with tires to find the right ones for the right conditions. Awesome buggy.

Roger
Old 11-08-2006, 11:29 AM
Tech Elite

...not against me even when the setup isn't perfect. Some other cars seem to refuse to work at all unless you chase just the right setup. It's nice to be able to have fun and do well even if the cars setup isn't PERFECT. Plus the CR seems to not need constant changing. It is really adaptable to different layouts.
exactly why i love the X1!!! my 777 is really picky unless i have an absolutely dialed setup, but that setup is only good for one day! i have raced my X1 for three different race weekends with the same setup and have made the podium all three times.
Old 11-08-2006, 04:33 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by SpeedBump57
I have done nothing but offer help to others in this thread and if those last few post of ours bother you that much then this will be the last post you see from me in your thread here.
aiyohhh.. dont be like that.. every body is welcome to post what they want to post.. this is universal forrum and open to anybody.. the main important thing is everybody can get the info, can share the info, can have fun and make this thread active and always alive..
Old 11-08-2006, 04:36 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by RogerHewson
Plus the CR seems to not need constant changing. It is really adaptable to different layouts.
i love this..
Old 11-08-2006, 10:43 PM
Tech Regular

Apologies SpeedBump57 if you feel it was directed at you. I was merely being sarcastic. You guys wouldnt be on this thread if you didnt like the X1.

Anyways I am very exited to try my new Crono this weekend. I will definitely let you guys know what I think of this engine.
Also fitted my CRT with my Vspec and trying the new 2047 pipe.

For some interesting RC pics I collected see
http://www.dramatic.co.za/gallery/index.php?cat=2
Old 11-10-2006, 04:40 AM
Tech Regular

Default New Go Tech 21 engine

I just recieved my latest engine as part my arsenal. Its known as the Go 21. Its a 7 port engine. Won the Australian Truggy Nationals recently.

I will be running mine in and will let you guys know the results. And yes I race X1 Buggy and Truggy.
Attached Thumbnails Jammin X1 - so close yet so far-halyp.jpg  

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.