Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree65Likes

TC3 Forum

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2003, 12:50 PM
Tech Master

ray - Is your transmission shimmed correctly? Are your gears broken in? Are you coating the gears with anything? A warped chassis could misalign the bearing holder outside the transmission, opposite the spur gear.
Old 02-06-2003, 12:55 PM
Tech Regular

Default WARPSPEED DEMON

Alot of you are asking when the chassis will be released.
The chassis was released back in January, and we sold
out immediately.
The next batch of chassis are available some time at the
end of February with blue anadyzing(correct me on the
spelling)
Right now we have some cars running at the Snowbird Nats.
If you have any questions, just post them here and I will try
to answer them as soon as possible. Alot of the same
questions are being emailed to me. This will help the others
who may be asking the same questions.

WARPSPEED RACING
When you're ready to get serious!
Old 02-06-2003, 01:17 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

MikeD-My car is just free, free, free!! Thats the best way to describe it-which I also know adds to the noise!!! Theres very little standing in the way of a fast and long rolling driveline. It could be freer-with new, better bearings, but its good enough for now. I know what you mean about the shimming and broken in gears and the like. At one point before I sold my last TC3-I had crown gears and diff gears that were 2.5 years old in there!!! I never should have sold that car!!!!!! It was so sweeettt.
Old 02-06-2003, 01:21 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Mr Warpspeed

How much just for the Upperdeck..where do we order?
Old 02-06-2003, 02:05 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally posted by rayhuang
At one point before I sold my last TC3-I had crown gears and diff gears that were 2.5 years old in there!!! I never should have sold that car!!!!!! It was so sweeettt.
was that the one you sold to sharkman on hobby talk. that car is nice.

i have my batteries moved in and i have had to dremel my drive cup in the rear down for clearance, but i just ordered the irs drive cups because i broke my rear on in mod. so my question is how much smaller in diameter are the irs cup compared to the stock associated ones? i am hoping i will have clearance with the irs cups. thanks
Old 02-06-2003, 02:39 PM
Tech Addict

a stock drive cup is .373 O.D.
an IRS drive cup is .366 O.D.

so there really isnt much difference in size!
Old 02-06-2003, 03:05 PM
Tech Fanatic

My TC3 had never been excessively noisy, until I tried to free up the drivetrain. The biggest offender was removing shims from the rear transmission input shaft, Oh my goodness! I tightend everything back up to where I thought it should be and it seems alot better, still very free rolling, but not quite as noisy. It's defininetly no XXX-S though!
Old 02-06-2003, 05:00 PM
Tech Regular

I was told that my car was extremely noisy a couple weekends ago. I couldn't understand why. I totally rebuilt the car basically from the wheels up. I replaced everything that was worn out. I lubed every gear and every bearing. So I'm still stumped as to why it is very noisy. Before I rebuilt the car it was never this noisy.
Old 02-06-2003, 05:51 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default tc3 upgrade kit ?

i have heard a few guys that travel and race the big races w/ the pro's and all . that associated is in the makings of a updated chassis to sell as a upgrade that has the center taken out a little so the batteries will be a little closer to center like most people are doing, and the front steering rack being the nitro tc3 's steering rack , and some upgraded uprights and steering knuckles. to eleminate the slop.. now this is here say. but i would love to see this happen and all by associated. cause they still rock the house in the touring car market !!! so associated , please make this happen....
Old 02-06-2003, 06:36 PM
Tech Champion

spaz456_thats the car!!! I had other Tc3 before it, but kept the ring and crown gear. Youknow whats funny-I have more TC3 spares again as when I sold out to your buddy.

I will buy a brand new FTTC3 for next fall I think, but I iwll probably use the gears from this car and maybe even the diff cases.
Old 02-06-2003, 06:49 PM
Tech Master

ray-lol- i bet your kicking yourself in the butt for everything you sold him. heh

i have heard of some of the factory guys sending their ring and pinion gear to machine shops to be machined to match precisely. a guys at my lhs said one of the factory guys at a big race had a fan blowing on his car from 15ft away and it was slightly spinning the drivetrain. do you guys know of any shops where you could have this done?
Old 02-06-2003, 07:04 PM
Tech Champion

spaz456-theres a bruise the size of Rhode Island on my derrier over selling that car I've kicked myself so many times!!!!

Send me an e-mail if you know a lot about Pro3's. I might do the HPI Challenge race in Jackson Michigan this summer and have never owned an HPI before. Need a budget set-up!!!! in other words-the best it can be in box stock form!!!

[email protected]

Thanks,
Ray
Old 02-06-2003, 07:23 PM
Tech Master

lol, ygm, do the cars in the hpi challenge have to be in box stock form? if so your s.o.l. with that car. jk
Old 02-06-2003, 07:51 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

They gotta be all box stock if you run stock class. Any options can be added in mod class.... That means stock springs and all. You can change oil, pistons, all the tuning holes, caster blocks; pretty much everything but the springs on the setup. I had my buddies pro3 dialed last year. I went to NYC and chi-town and had the fastest laps (in stock over all the mods, gas, supers, etc...). I think I ran like 40wt all around, 24mm 27r w/ red inserts, mondeo body, and I forget the rest... You going up to MI for that this summer Ray? I gotta find a couple hpi cars to go cause I sold most of the ones I won last year!
Old 02-06-2003, 09:49 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally posted by rayhuang
spaz456-theres a bruise the size of Rhode Island on my derrier over selling that car I've kicked myself so many times!!!!

Send me an e-mail if you know a lot about Pro3's. I might do the HPI Challenge race in Jackson Michigan this summer and have never owned an HPI before. Need a budget set-up!!!! in other words-the best it can be in box stock form!!!

[email protected]

Thanks,
Ray
Ray check out my Pro3. it can be raced in the open mod class.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.