Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road
0.8 Gears for CD3 >

0.8 Gears for CD3

0.8 Gears for CD3

Old 12-13-2005, 01:14 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default 0.8 Gears for CD3

Does anyone know if the 0.8 gearing for the LD-3 will fit on the CD-3? I have a CD-3 and am wanting to upgrade some performance parts, but there is nothing really listed specifically for the CD3. Please help!!!!
Old 12-13-2005, 02:27 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Yes it does fit. Here's a link.
http://www.nitrohouse.com/options,_ld3_pg_4.htm
Old 12-13-2005, 03:06 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

The CD3 Pro comes with the 0.8 pitch gears..

Mark
Old 12-14-2005, 06:12 AM
Tech Addict

I am currently running the CD3 Sport RTR. It's been good so far, but I dont' think that I will be able to keep up with the other guys at the track the way it is set up now. Any other help would be greatly appreciated.
Old 12-22-2005, 06:50 AM
Tech Addict

Lightbulb

What will be the major difference if I upgrade to the 0.8 gears? I'm not completely sure what it will do. Any help or comments would be greatly appreciated. Also, how hard are the gears to switch out?

Thanks for all your help so far ladies and gentlemen!!

Happy Holidays!!
Old 12-22-2005, 12:10 PM
Tech Master

I ran 1.0 gears on my LD3 - I must say the 0.8 are MUCH nicer. I upgraded to 0.8 on my LD3 (before I purchased my CD3). I had stripped the 1.0 gears a small amount of times, starts with snapping a single tooth off and it goes from there.

The 0.8 last a LOT longer, have complete enduro events on 6 month old gears no problems. (I've only stripped one once and that was because of a rock jammed in pinion gear). A great thing is when change gear ratio you only have to change the pinion on the clutch (with 1.0 you have to change both pinion and spur gear sizes). This allows you to carry the single size spur gear for spares and makes it much faster and easier to change ratios. With the 1.0 you need to carry different spur gears and take the 2 speed apart to change the ratio.

I noticed the 1.0 module gears start to develop slop on the housing. The 0.8 are held on with 3 screws so this does not happen.

I have new a 0.8 clutch kit and 0.8 2 speed kit (and the 2 speed shaft for LD3 or CD3) if anyone is interested just PM me.
Old 12-22-2005, 01:29 PM
Tech Addict

au - are you saying that if I change the gears I will have to change the bell housing on the clutch? The bell is one solid piece on mine. I've had it apart multiple times (stupid clutch springs).

What are the performance differences going from 0.6 Gearing to 0.8 gearing?
Old 12-22-2005, 02:05 PM
Tech Master

ah, you don't have the (old style) centax then? The 0.8 module clutch kit is a full centax clutch (flywheel, engine mounts etc), you can adjust the engagement point. you could just change the bell if you can find one, the 0.8 pinion gears are compatable with Mugen and Kyosho so if you can find a bell to fit a standard 3 shoe clutch you could go that way.

I don't know about performance difference, its supposed to be more efficient but upgrading from a 3 shoe clutch to centax is a big plus for sure you would then be able to adjust the clutch engagement point - this can be done without taking anything apart..