Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree29Likes

Mugen MBX7R Eco thread!

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2015, 04:11 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 67 (100%+)

Looking at jumping into 8th scale... feedback for this car would be great, thanks!
Old 07-09-2015, 06:36 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by BRSracing
Looking at jumping into 8th scale... feedback for this car would be great, thanks!
I'm a basher and run the hyperstar E since 3 years ( well destroyed 2 in the process!!). backflips, lots of crashes, modifed parts with steel, dust and always full power on 4s...
I ordered the mugen and this is how I choose the mbx7r :

- it has 16x8mm bearings overall ( the most cheap and durable bearing size )

- the motor mount uses 2x 4mm screws ( usually 3mm on other 1/8 )

- it has a plastic spur gear ( that's a matter of taste : I wanted silence !)

- several suppliers for parts ( amain, nitrohouse, dollarhobbyz... )

- enough room for lipos and electronics ( tough not long enough for my nanotech lipos...IMO )

the very few details that bother me on the mbx7r :
- 3.5mm shocks ( a bit less durable to bending than 4mm that I have already on the hyperstarE )
- weight distribution left and right : But I have to check it myself first )
- wing tower not going all the way to the chassis using the chassis stiffener , I will build something myself !

I had the EB48.2 in mind for a long time but the chassis is just too narrow for cheap electronics, some bearings are too small in my opinion and the long drive shaft may wobble.
I checked the xray and didn't like the 3mm screws on the motor mount + the parts price ( hudy is over rated in my opinion )
I also checked the arrma typhon but it's heavy and parts are not easy to find
and some others 1/8 more...
each time I downloaded the manual to check the bearing sizes and the technical détails for maintenance access
I followed each threads and watched all pictures available !

check out those surgeon pictures of the Inside of the mbx7r eco!!
http://www.rcmag.fr/reviews/techniqu...co/mbx7eco.htm

now if you're a racer, check out jason's review https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HBCsZiU3d44

Last edited by werner sline; 07-09-2015 at 11:37 PM.
Old 07-10-2015, 02:50 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BRSracing
This buggy is stable. Stable almost to a fault. Plenty durable for racing. Ive only broke one thing and totally my fault. Build quality is very very good, out-drives have held up very well. I have replaced all drive pins and cvd pins in mine and flipped my out-drives. its been about 6 months on them, Good amount of steering. The only thing that was ruff to figure out was shocks. I came from tekno and that buggy could settle down in the ruff stuff. MBX7R, not so much at first. Once i put the time in a played with shocks and pistons, very happy where its at now. Hope this helps.
Old 07-10-2015, 09:56 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Dont Hack Me
This buggy is stable. Stable almost to a fault. Plenty durable for racing. Ive only broke one thing and totally my fault. Build quality is very very good, out-drives have held up very well. I have replaced all drive pins and cvd pins in mine and flipped my out-drives. its been about 6 months on them, Good amount of steering. The only thing that was ruff to figure out was shocks. I came from tekno and that buggy could settle down in the ruff stuff. MBX7R, not so much at first. Once i put the time in a played with shocks and pistons, very happy where its at now. Hope this helps.
What did you figure out with the shocks? I also came from the tekno car.
Old 07-10-2015, 03:21 PM
Tech Elite

yeah What did you figure out with the shocks? I almost came on the tekno car.
Old 07-10-2015, 05:53 PM
Tech Rookie

I run on a track with some fairly large jumps. I put in the tekno 6x1.5 pistons with losi 45wt. It completely changed the car. I did get the stiffer silver springs but haven't had a chance to run them yet.
Old 07-12-2015, 05:00 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 58 (100%+)

Anybody bending front universals?I bent mine so bad last night it almost hits the lower arm. And the fronts cost almost twice what the rears do, go figure.
Old 07-12-2015, 07:16 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by OfnaJoe
Anybody bending front universals?I bent mine so bad last night it almost hits the lower arm. And the fronts cost almost twice what the rears do, go figure.
Dollar Hobbies is about the cheapest place to get them (dollarhobbyz.com)
Old 07-12-2015, 10:01 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Ya I bent one of mine pretty good too, bent it back to almost perfectly straight and figured i'd replace it and keep the "fixed" one as a spare, then I saw how much they cost. Did not replace it...
Old 07-12-2015, 10:36 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Gpeters66
Dollar Hobbies is about the cheapest place to get them (dollarhobbyz.com)
Yep, Dollar is where I check 1st, got a set on the way, don't know why it bent, didn't hit anything, guess I just had too much HP...lol
Old 07-13-2015, 08:52 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by easye
What did you figure out with the shocks? I also came from the tekno car.
Originally Posted by werner sline
yeah What did you figure out with the shocks? I almost came on the tekno car.
With my mugen I found that it could get upset side to side and when it did it was all over for me. I damn near had to come to a stop for it to settle. I tried a ton of pistons and fluids, shock locations. 6x1.35 were good but lacked some pack, ran them emulsion and it made a big difference but I thought they were to stiff in the corners. 5x1.35 have so much pack it's unbelievable, those were setups right off drakes sheet, moved the shocks around but in the end it was to stiff for me. I lost to much steering. 8x1.3 didn't really like them. Settled on CSI v port blue (plastic) all the way out of the tower and arm. I would go in on the tower if I needed a little more side bite. This was the most stable and settling shock package I've found so far. 5000 mah is 35/27.5 I run a 6000 so it's 37/30 indoor. 40/32.5 out door. Plenty of steering in my setup and its handles the ruff stuff the best were I can stay on power. Might not suite your style like mine but I've done very well with it so far. Just a note. I do not run on clay. 9 or 9.25 black spring up front and 10.5 or 10.25 in the rear black springs. The front springs I'm sure of. I'm not quite positive on the rear "turns" of the spring.

Last edited by Dont Hack Me; 07-13-2015 at 01:53 PM.
Old 07-13-2015, 12:17 PM
Tech Master

Agreed, I love my CSI V Ports, I run a little thicker on oil but I'm going to drop down some.
Old 07-13-2015, 06:27 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 65 (100%+)

Hi guys, struggling to set front toe.. How much tierod are you leaving visible? Kit says 26mm... I am at 26.4 but it still looks like it has a ton of toe out!?
Old 07-13-2015, 07:56 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Do you have a link to the CsI V port pistons
Old 07-13-2015, 08:01 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TOO-TALL
Do you have a link to the CsI V port pistons
http://www.amain.com/rc-cars/search?cID=&s=csi+pistons

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.