Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
Tekno RC SCT410.3 Thread >

Tekno RC SCT410.3 Thread

Like Tree219Likes

Tekno RC SCT410.3 Thread

Hide Wikipost
Old 09-05-2022, 08:19 AM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech ForumsThread Wiki: Tekno RC SCT410.3 Thread
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: rustyus
Welcome to the SCT410.3 Wiki!

7.26.17 - BB
In order to run the recommended team setup, you need the following optional parts:
TKR6106 Orange LF Springs
TKR6114 Green LF Springs
TKR6018 composite shock caps (built to emulsion) OR TKR8702 Aluminum Emulsion Shock caps
TKR8027 Shock Stand Offs
TKR6051 8x1.3 pistons(drilled to 1.4mm)
TKR8104 .4 bellcranks
TKR8100 .4 ackerman
TKR5545B HRC Hubs
You also need the Aluminum C Block (others can stay composite)

What option parts should I consider buying with a new kit?
None are required but we recommend the following:

TKR5161 – V2 Adjustable Hinge Pin Brace “A” block, 7075 CNC, EB/NB/ET/NT/SCT) - Helps to improve durability on hard crashes.

TKR5163 – V2 Adjustable Hinge Pin Brace “C” block, 7075 CNC, EB/NB/ET/NT/SCT) - Helps to improve durability on hard crashes.

TKR5545B – HRC Rear Hubs (L/R, CV or uni, SCT.3/SL) - Improves stability of the rear on mid to corner exit. Allows harder acceleration on corner exit.

TKR6146 - CNC Delrin Shock Cartridge Set

TiNi Shock Shafts
-TKR6004T (front)
-TKR6017T (rear)

What spare parts should I keep on hand?
TKR5020 – Hinge Pins (inner, front/rear)
TKR5516 – Front Suspension Arms and TKR5515 – Rear Suspension Arms
TKR5542 – Spindle Carriers - TKR5541B Spindles
TKR6009 – Shock O-Ring and Bladder Set (for 2 shocks)

Tips and Tricks

List of Vehicle Setup Adjustments and Build Tips can be found here. There are several videos and articles detailing the building of shocks, diffs, camber links, etc.

Use steering stops/limiter washers... more info here.

Setup Sheets:
Setup sheets for all Tekno RC vehicles can be found here. Please be sure to try our recommended setup. It works very well on most tracks.

Hinge Pin Insert Chart:

Warranty Policy:
Tekno RC is the only company in the industry that will give 50% off of parts if returned to them using the General Warranty return policy found on their website. The parts can be lightly used or completely abused, as long as the part is still being produced it's covered!

Piston Drills:
Some of our setups recommend using pistons that are enlarged. For instance 4x1.9 or 3x2.0. To drill the pistons we recommend the following:
GMK Supply Piston Drill Set
16PC Metric Bit Set Metric Sizes 2.00 to 3.00 MM.

Print Wikipost

Old 05-11-2015, 12:26 PM
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 294 (100%+)

you will want one on this vehicle. seems to be common to snap the plastic ones.

It is possible to run some of the cheaper horns you just have to raise the mounting mount on the steering arm to compensate. Or if you don't want to do that, just buy the appropriate tekno or similar servo horn.
Old 05-11-2015, 01:13 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Im trying a set of 2hole x 2mm pistons next time out with 35 x 27.5
Old 05-11-2015, 02:34 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Everybody79x
How much of a necessity is the aluminum servo horn? I've never needed one on any other 2wd 1/10 car.
My plastic one stripped after 3 track days. I don't know anyone that didn't strip theirs or just replace it with aluminum right away.
Old 05-11-2015, 03:07 PM
Team Tekin

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

4wd SC is a pretty big load on the servo. You'll need an aluminum horn at some point. For some it's right away, others a few weeks. It's a good investment since it is a liability to finishing races.
Old 05-11-2015, 04:39 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Does anyone know if you need to sand the servo saver to get it to seat properly similar to the ET48?
Old 05-11-2015, 05:19 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Mikeand22
Does anyone know if you need to sand the servo saver to get it to seat properly similar to the ET48?
I do not have a truggy--but I did not do any sanding on my servo saver. Make sure the posts seat into the slots on the chassis b4 screwing them in & you should be fine.
Old 05-11-2015, 05:21 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Carter Flotron
The geometry of the .3 has been changed quite a bit over the original, which is why it is setup this way. Although, in the future you may want to go up on your springs if your track has enough grip.

A lot of guys are just switching the stock pistons out for 6x 1.6 or 6x 1.5 s and running something like 35/30 for oil, and running the rest of the stock setup. That's probably the best place to start

Thanks for the info. Looking forward to trying out the new geometry.
Old 05-11-2015, 05:41 PM
Tech Adept

Default Woot woot

Well i got mine on the 7th from A-main lat one ,so i have been putting together
Slowly never put a rc together an dont want to jack it up ,i all ready almost strip the front diff ,due to my integy hex starting to round ,orderd MIP so i started on the shocks ,but the inst. in the book p.18-19 is not very good for some one who never put them together ,they have a pic in top corner it to me looks like that all goes in the end of shock tower ,so i need some schooling ,
So i got
XP DS1313 HP servo,hope it will work
MX-V airtronics RX/TX
Graupner GM-Genius Turbo 120R/GM Race SC55 4.5T Combo
J concepts body with wing , not yet order
Side air flap
Tekno 15 t pinion
AKA wishbone 2Wide super soft SC tires
Well i cant wait till get it set up i read all 50 pages very good info ,so informative and also input from key players in TEKNO
If u could help with the shock assymble that would help out so much?
Old 05-11-2015, 05:59 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Get a good 2.0mm and 2.5mm driver so you can chuck it into a cordless drill. I use a hudy set but I am sure the mip ones are good to. Just go slow and don't bottom the screw out with the drill. Always hand finish threads.
Old 05-11-2015, 06:39 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Aswild
Well i got mine on the 7th from A-main lat one ,so i have been putting together
Slowly never put a rc together an dont want to jack it up ,i all ready almost strip the front diff ,due to my integy hex starting to round ,orderd MIP so i started on the shocks ,but the inst. in the book p.18-19 is not very good for some one who never put them together ,they have a pic in top corner it to me looks like that all goes in the end of shock tower ,so i need some schooling ,
So i got
XP DS1313 HP servo,hope it will work
MX-V airtronics RX/TX
Graupner GM-Genius Turbo 120R/GM Race SC55 4.5T Combo
J concepts body with wing , not yet order
Side air flap
Tekno 15 t pinion
AKA wishbone 2Wide super soft SC tires
Well i cant wait till get it set up i read all 50 pages very good info ,so informative and also input from key players in TEKNO
If u could help with the shock assymble that would help out so much?
What exactly on the shocks are you having issues assembling? It took me awhile when I first starting running the Tekno cars to find the best way (at least, in my opinion) to build them

I hopefully will have a video up in about a week with my methods for completely rebuilding as well as just refilling shocks.
Old 05-11-2015, 07:01 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Carter Flotron
What exactly on the shocks are you having issues assembling? It took me awhile when I first starting running the Tekno cars to find the best way (at least, in my opinion) to build them

I hopefully will have a video up in about a week with my methods for completely rebuilding as well as just refilling shocks.
Lol. Thanks carter but after eating an then returning to the build i figured it out i guess i had hungry brain.thanks but i look forward to the videos,
Old 05-11-2015, 08:49 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Aswild
Lol. Thanks carter but after eating an then returning to the build i figured it out i guess i had hungry brain.thanks but i look forward to the videos,
Have definitely done that before Just let us know if you need help with anything else!
Old 05-12-2015, 04:34 AM
Tech Rookie

So if I install the aluminium wheel hexes (TKR5571A) what wheels will fit the truck, SCTE ones?
Old 05-12-2015, 05:33 AM
Tech Apprentice

Okay almost done build. What a smooth easy build.
Okay first let me say I have built many many cars and trucks, but want to verify what to do before I drill shock caps.
Per the instructions to build vented bladder shocks it says to drill 2 holes in each cap.
First hole is where the threads are to allow oil to bleed out when tightening the cap, but no mention of where to drill second hole.
If it is where bleeder screw where hole is drilled to do emulsion style, after build do you put screw into this hole?
I prefer bladder style shocks and want to build it this way, just a little confused.
Old 05-12-2015, 05:35 AM

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Yup, its the bleeder screw hole.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.