Hot Bodies D413 1/10 4WD Buggy >

Hot Bodies D413 1/10 4WD Buggy

Like Tree66Likes

Hot Bodies D413 1/10 4WD Buggy

Old 01-20-2015, 07:50 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by khj94704
I guess I find CF weave sexier than bright anodized aluminum.

Are the wing mounts prone to breakage? I was tempted to machine something like that out of scrap delrin just so that I could avoid using clips on the wings but concluded that something rigid would just lead to more wing damage/tears in crashes, and I foresee a lot of crashes in my future.

I think the only alloy upgrades i'm looking forward to are clamping wheel hexes. Anyone make those yet? I thought the cheap 4mm integy ones I had were going to fit but their drive pins are too thick for the spindle and the stock ones are too long for the integy hexes, maybe I'll just grind those down enough to fit. I'm fairly sure some axial hexes I have would fit in the back with similarly minor modifications but I just put a dab of shoe goo on both front and rear for now and called it a day.
I havent broken a wing mount yet...and haven't seen anyone else have an issue. I think any wing is going to tear no mater what you do.. I picked up a trifecta wing from proline and its built pretty tough. It's lasted quite a bit longer than the other wings i was using.

Havent seen any clamping hexes yet...im sure someone will make them. I just used a dab of black grease and they have stayed put so far.
Old 01-20-2015, 08:49 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Since we are talking about spurs, I don't even remember the last time someone reported a stripped spur. It has been a while. I think the only things that have been reported recently were shock shaft and front tower. But even those are few and far between. It is nice to have such a durable car.

As for me, I think that I have only replaced front arms. Not that they broke but they started to bend funny prior to me gluing in the inserts. So I replaced them with new ones that have glued in inserts. Those are starting to bend too but they work fine.
Old 01-20-2015, 08:55 AM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 84 (100%+)

yeah, the arms will get replace, not from breakage, but from wear. The plastics on the car are not the stiffest, but that is part of the reason it does not break.
Old 01-20-2015, 09:05 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

But I think I prefer it that way. I can change the parts when I want to (usually back at home when I have time). And yet the worn parts never stop me from finishing the race.
Old 01-20-2015, 09:07 AM
Tech Prophet

yep. I concur. That is the big thing I love about this car. The confidence to finish the race.
Old 01-20-2015, 09:14 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

I have had a shock cap pop off of the mount twice. Changed it out with new of the same part. Have had the HB aluminum ones on backorder for awhile now.
Old 01-20-2015, 09:16 AM
Tech Prophet

I had the caps pop off a few times, but then nothing. They have stayed on for a while now. I tried the AE caps, but didnt like it.
Old 01-20-2015, 09:19 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

Ya, I bought a couple of packages of the stock units. I will just replace them as needed until the backorder for my HB aluminum caps get in.
Old 01-20-2015, 09:23 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)

I have a set of arms with glued carbon inserts. Anyone know of an easy way to get the inserts out once they are glued? Those things are in there good . I'm thinking I want to go back to the unglued carbon inserts. it seems my only option is side cutters and a Dremmel to cut and grind the old arms off of the carbon inserts and then put the inserts in new arms. Definitely don't want to buy another set of $40 carbon inserts.

Just wondering if anyone knows of an easier way. I was thinking I might try CA remover to see if that let's me break them loose, but I'm afraid the chemical remover may attack the resin binder in the CF.
Old 01-20-2015, 09:24 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by slakr
I have had a shock cap pop off of the mount twice. Changed it out with new of the same part. Have had the HB aluminum ones on backorder for awhile now.
Once for me...it's not too big of a deal but look forward to the new caps anyway.

Same here..went onto tower the day the caps were listed and threw them on backorder. Tower says "Late Jan" so well see what happens at the end of the month.

On a different note: Funny thing happened on my last run...i actually lost the battery holder and the two thumb nuts that hold it down. I know I tightened the thumb nuts down...just weird. After a good 15 min of looking on the track..they came up MIA. Lame $35 mistake. to keep that from happing again i threw just a tad of blue lock tight on the threads to slow down the thumbs nuts if that happens again.
Old 01-20-2015, 09:29 AM
Tech Prophet

thumb screws annoy me. I would rather use a body clip, imo. Thumb screws just take too long to swap out packs.
Old 01-20-2015, 10:58 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jhautz
I have a set of arms with glued carbon inserts. Anyone know of an easy way to get the inserts out once they are glued? Those things are in there good . I'm thinking I want to go back to the unglued carbon inserts. it seems my only option is side cutters and a Dremmel to cut and grind the old arms off of the carbon inserts and then put the inserts in new arms. Definitely don't want to buy another set of $40 carbon inserts.

Just wondering if anyone knows of an easier way. I was thinking I might try CA remover to see if that let's me break them loose, but I'm afraid the chemical remover may attack the resin binder in the CF.
That shouldn't happen. The matrix in carbon composites are pretty tough once they have cross linked.
Old 01-20-2015, 11:12 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by jhautz

What about acetone, the same procedure as removing tires from rims?
Old 01-20-2015, 11:14 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 149 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RENOV8R
What about acetone, the same procedure as removing tires from rims?
i was thinking of the same thing. i usually bake my tires. not sure if that would work for the carbon fiber though
Old 01-20-2015, 11:18 AM
Tech Prophet

If you have an old broke CF part, toss it in acetone for a while and see what happens. I am sure the acetone will remove the inserts, just need to see what it it will do to CF.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.