Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New vbc f-1 lightingf

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2014, 02:05 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 65 (100%+)

Hey guys what rims and tires will get me to 190mm on this chassis?

Running carpet Uf1 rules rubber tires. I want to run Pit Shimizu.

Thanks!
Old 04-30-2014, 02:15 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Originally Posted by Antimullet
Hey guys what rims and tires will get me to 190mm on this chassis?

Running carpet Uf1 rules rubber tires. I want to run Pit Shimizu.

Thanks!
Exotek +3 rims with Pit tires
Old 04-30-2014, 03:36 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 65 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JayL
Exotek +3 rims with Pit tires
Thanks!
Old 06-16-2014, 04:05 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Antimullet
New to F1 going to pick this kit up very nice!
We will be running UF1 190mm 21.5 blinky.
What are the front and rear wings, diffusers, best body, and what wheels to run to get it ready?
Thanks guys!
+1, I'm also just starting my "F1 career".

The wheels I have to use are RIDE preglued rubber (for ETS), but recommendations for body, diffusors and tuning / replacement parts would be very welcome on my side. For the moment I will use the Yokomo diffusors and a Yokomo high nose body, which I ordered together with the car kit. Are they o.k.?

Also a starting setup for medium grip asphalt would be nice.

Thanks, Christian
Old 06-16-2014, 09:32 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Most guys run the Tamiya F60 body and wings. I run the Tamiya McLaren rear wing as it looks alittle more modern F1.

You don't really need any option parts with this car, it comes with everything except some springs for tuning.
Old 06-17-2014, 04:44 AM
Tech Adept

You don't really need any option parts with this car, it comes with everything except some springs for tuning.
Thanks Jay for your advice. Are there any parts that break typically? What additional springs do you recommend? I have some from my Asso RC12, that I could probably use.

Christian
Old 06-17-2014, 09:43 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Originally Posted by skyball
Thanks Jay for your advice. Are there any parts that break typically? What additional springs do you recommend? I have some from my Asso RC12, that I could probably use.

Christian
The AE side springs are perfect, I run the AE silver on most of my cars.

I have only seen a front kingpin break, and that was a hard hard hit from a sedan

On F1's in general it's good to have a spare of the Carbon fiber plate that holds the side springs and some side pod links and a spare football, the pod pivot.

On most F1`'s you need front arms but the VBC front end is super strong as it's not plastic

Personally I have not broken anything yet and my car is a rocket with the R1 motor

I am going to try a bunch of different things this weekend, I will post up what I find.
Old 06-19-2014, 09:04 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Yep, awesome.

setup changes for asphalt we made:
we started with the side links toe'd in: wide at rear pod inner at front chassis
7k in side damper
8 degree's caster
1.5 degrees camber
pit 571/572
everything else stock setup
So your running soft front and hard rears ? im looking for a good asphalt set up just ordered lightningf
Old 06-20-2014, 09:15 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

The pit naming is weird, the hard/soft is the sidewall not the compound. On asphalt that is what 99% of the people run 571/572
they have plenty of grip, especially in the VBC. They only other thing to try for more steering is the pit soft option insert with the 571.
Old 06-22-2014, 11:28 PM
Tech Adept

Default front ride height

Newbie question:
How do you adjust the *front* ride height on this car? I can't find anything about it in the manual.

There is a part called "Ride Height 1.5mm Adjustment Spacer", but the way the front is constructed I dont' think you can simnply replace it by a thicker or thinner part. At least not without changing the shimming on top of the "Center Front Upper Mount".

Christian
Old 06-24-2014, 08:47 AM
Tech Adept

Newbie question:
How do you adjust the *front* ride height on this car?
With Ride R1 wheels and out of the box, my front ride height ist > 6mm, so I think most everyone must have dealt with lowering the front ride height.

Meanwhile I found this option part D-05-VBC-1016 which seems to fit.

Christian
Old 06-24-2014, 09:47 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

With Ride R1 wheels and out of the box, my front ride height ist > 6mm, so I think most everyone must have dealt with lowering the front ride height.

Meanwhile I found this option part D-05-VBC-1016 which seems to fit.

Christian
the ride height is perfect 4.x with pit front tires, which is what every car I have ever seen runs in California

but yes that insert called ride height adjustment spacer is how you adjust it. I have not changed mine but if I did I would shim the upper arm in the rear under the caster inserts as well otherwise you are going to change caster as well

I was thinking about playing around with just using shims instead of the spacer but never got around to it as it is already good and I have been playing with running a full size center shock. I made an all black tamiya shock using Exotek parts.
Old 06-25-2014, 01:22 AM
Tech Adept

the ride height is perfect 4.x with pit front tires, which is what every car I have ever seen runs in California
O.K. thanks. If the pit tires where smaller tha Ride, that would explain, why nobody else seems to have problems.

On the other hand i meanwhile contacted Olivier Bultynck and Surikarn Chaidajsuriya, who both drove with Ride tires at ETS and TITC respectively. They just put .5 to 1mm of shims under the steering block and achieved 5mm ride height. If I do the same, I still get only a littel below 6mm.

But I checked my car and the manual over and over and I can't find any kind of building error. I even replaced the .5mm shim under the spring with a .1mm one to release the spring a bit, as it was preloaded with that setup.

So I'm still at aloss what my problem might be. Maybe I have something special here, like the biggest front tires in the world, the longest or hardest front springs, defective lower arm pivot balls or whatever. Or I'm measuring wrong (distance between chassis and floor)...

Grrr...

Here's a picture, maybe someone can see what's wrong?!?

Christian
Attached Thumbnails New vbc f-1 lightingf-lightningf_front.jpg  
Old 06-25-2014, 09:40 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

It looks right

is your battery and all the electronics in the car ?

I usually measure front ride height using the front wing, which usually sits alittle lower, maybe they are doing that as well
Old 06-25-2014, 12:28 PM
Tech Adept

is your battery and all the electronics in the car?
...well, the servo, the battery and the motor are in, so only the receiver, the esc and the wings are missing. I guess they won't change too much in terms of ride height. But maybe measuring under the wing combined with a little more weight in the car will make it about right.

Next week I'll show my car to Olivier Bultynck for comparison. Meanwhile I'll just drive the car as it is, set the rear ride height about .5 to 1mm above the front and hope for the best.

Christian

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.