Search
Like Tree34Likes

Schumacher Mi5

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2014, 10:42 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 64 (98%+)

Originally Posted by DiscountRCStore
... We have seen pics of prototypes and are working to secure one to test ourselves, however there isn't one commercially available at the moment; that we're aware of at least. We will post should one become available ...

...p

Sounds good Phil. Let us know when you have some news!
Old 04-07-2014, 01:36 AM
Tech Apprentice

Default Shock Length (X)

Hi all,

Just a quick question, I want to shorten my shock length from 12.5mm to 10.5mm, how would I go about doing this?

At the moment I have put a 2mm spacer inside the shock, will this make any difference on the outcome?

Any help is appreciated.

Many Thanks,
Old 04-07-2014, 03:06 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

My Schumacher Mi5.
Nothing special like me previous cars, but still clean enough :-)

Regards Robert
Old 04-07-2014, 03:07 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by hydrakermit
Hi all,

Just a quick question, I want to shorten my shock length from 12.5mm to 10.5mm, how would I go about doing this?

At the moment I have put a 2mm spacer inside the shock, will this make any difference on the outcome?

Any help is appreciated.

Many Thanks,
This is an option, but will make the "pack fluid" smaller above the piston.
You can also dremel the shockshafts shorter (where the threat is, not where the clips are) like Martin Hofer has described on his blog. This is something I've also done and is pretty easy to do.

Regards Robert
Old 04-07-2014, 04:30 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by Robert_K
This is an option, but will make the "pack fluid" smaller above the piston.
You can also dremel the shockshafts shorter (where the threat is, not where the clips are) like Martin Hofer has described on his blog. This is something I've also done and is pretty easy to do.

Regards Robert
Many Thanks
Old 04-07-2014, 04:31 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by Robert_K
My Schumacher Mi5.
Nothing special like me previous cars, but still clean enough :-)

Regards Robert
Looks Great!
Old 04-08-2014, 11:18 PM
Tech Rookie

Hello, i was just wondering if anyone knew if Hot Bodies #68290 44mm/2mm universal driveshafts would fit the Mi5 CVDs, or if there was a mismatch in size/pin thickness at the joint end. Thanks, Matt
Old 04-09-2014, 12:46 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

No they don't. The mi5 cvd's have a larger ball where the pin goes though.
Old 04-09-2014, 08:01 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

per Martin Hofer:

"I like to only use 1 of the big spacers per big gear instead of two as according to the manual. The missing big spacer needs to be taken in mind, when adding shims to the outdrive. Therefore I use 3 small ones in stead of 2."

1 big spacer inside, 3 little spacer outside - will building the gear diff in the above manner hold up for MOD racing or is that for stock racing?
Old 04-16-2014, 11:24 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by Gtr r34 m-spec
No they don't. The mi5 cvd's have a larger ball where the pin goes though.
Thanks
Old 04-17-2014, 02:33 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by poochy
per Martin Hofer:

"I like to only use 1 of the big spacers per big gear instead of two as according to the manual. The missing big spacer needs to be taken in mind, when adding shims to the outdrive. Therefore I use 3 small ones in stead of 2."

1 big spacer inside, 3 little spacer outside - will building the gear diff in the above manner hold up for MOD racing or is that for stock racing?
It's fine, and how I run my diffs. Actually been meaning to write up the diff build I use as a new blog post... maybe this easter weekend I'll get round to it!
Old 04-18-2014, 06:30 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by TryHard
It's fine, and how I run my diffs. Actually been meaning to write up the diff build I use as a new blog post... maybe this easter weekend I'll get round to it!
yep-raced mod with 3 lil shims outside and 1 big shim inside, and it works fine for mod

i am finding that the "Caster Block Bolt Fix track power 4x14 bolt" has a lot of slop after 2 race days (slop between bolt shaft and bearing inner circle)--i have switched to the schumacher V2 caster king pin bolt, lets see if this has less slop after a few races..
Old 04-18-2014, 09:08 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Originally Posted by poochy

i am finding that the "Caster Block Bolt Fix track power 4x14 bolt" has a lot of slop after 2 race days (slop between bolt shaft and bearing inner circle)--i have switched to the schumacher V2 caster king pin bolt, lets see if this has less slop after a few races..
.. it's been found that some of the slop can come from where the bearings insert into the plastic mold itself.. if this is the case, you can try scoring a crosshatch pattern into the plastic with a hobby knife which will tighten it up for a bit.. we've gone as far as creating a small flat spot on the bearing case and fitting grub screws into the molds.. (similar to the hinge pin mod, pics on the previous pages). We have located someone who's looking into the bushing idea again.. We will post should that produce positive results.. hope it helps..

..p
Old 04-18-2014, 10:09 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by DiscountRCStore
.. it's been found that some of the slop can come from where the bearings insert into the plastic mold itself.. if this is the case, you can try scoring a crosshatch pattern into the plastic with a hobby knife which will tighten it up for a bit.. we've gone as far as creating a small flat spot on the bearing case and fitting grub screws into the molds.. (similar to the hinge pin mod, pics on the previous pages). We have located someone who's looking into the bushing idea again.. We will post should that produce positive results.. hope it helps..

..p
thanks, to me the king pin bolt fit inside the bearing circle is the majority of the slop and not the circular cut out where the bearing sits in. putting a bushing there would cause more post/bearing slop--but ill keep an eye on the insert mould and fix it the way you mention when that slop creeps up.

as for the post/bearing slop-temp fixes are ca and threadlock to fill the gap between the bolt and bearing-threadlock proved to work on the tc5 (steering post slop)
i have seen this type of slop improved by going to a double post setup-two posts and two bearings.
Old 04-19-2014, 02:41 PM
Tech Apprentice

Talking 48DP Spur gears

Hi all,

What I wondered was where would I get a 78T, 79T, 80T, 81T, 82T, 83T, and 84T Spur gears from? I have the gear chat with ratios on but I cant find anywhere that sell these size spur gears.

Thanks in advance

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.