Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Ofna Ultra GTP2e

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2013, 08:18 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

thats why I bought the dirt oval version , it doesnt have the nose dive effect due to it not having the buggy shocks
Old 04-19-2013, 08:26 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by FLoJo
thats why I bought the dirt oval version , it doesnt have the nose dive effect due to it not having the buggy shocks
I just tighten down the tensioners on the front shocks... vwola!
Old 04-19-2013, 09:46 PM
Tech Rookie

Default Out of stock

[QUOTE=rcwck;12015711]Some here from Wild Bill:

IGTHobbies

Hello all, I'm new to this section and just got a GTP2e. Just wondering if anyone has ordered from this link lately? Every time I look it says out of stock but usually ships in 2-3 days. I'd really like to get one of these bodies as a spare but don't want to spend 50-80 and end up waiting for weeks.
Old 04-20-2013, 07:01 AM
Tech Adept

[QUOTE=Antny;12066051]
Originally Posted by rcwck
Some here from Wild Bill:

IGTHobbies

Hello all, I'm new to this section and just got a GTP2e. Just wondering if anyone has ordered from this link lately? Every time I look it says out of stock but usually ships in 2-3 days. I'd really like to get one of these bodies as a spare but don't want to spend 50-80 and end up waiting for weeks.
yea good luck on that website , they should really update their site and take off the things they dont carry in stock . some of the stuff listed is discontinued and they cant even get anymore .

which body are you looking for ?
Old 04-20-2013, 03:46 PM
Tech Rookie

Undecided really. I like a couple of them and some I've seen elsewhere, I'd really like one of the Ferrari bodies though.
Old 04-20-2013, 04:02 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by sonspit
I just tighten down the tensioners on the front shocks... vwola!
That doesn't change the spring rate it only raises the front of the car when it's sitting still. It will still nose dive on weight transfer. Use stiffer springs.
Old 04-20-2013, 09:15 PM
Tech Adept

question?
im using a external bec on my set up... my servo works best at 7.2v or 7v. so how many amps would I set my bec to?
ANYONE??
Old 04-21-2013, 05:41 AM
Tech Regular

question?
im using a external bec on my set up... my servo works best at 7.2v or 7v. so how many amps would I set my bec to?
ANYONE??
You can set the output voltage on some external BECs. Amperage is determined by demand load of your servo(s), esc, fans, rx and transponder. Amperage is a fixed amount that the BEC can supply. Some ESCs have a current(amperage) limiter that can be set for punch control. A five amp BEC is usual sufficient. A switching type rather than a linear type is the better type.

The major considerations when choosing an external BEC is the input voltage, output current max number, output voltage and if a switching type. The higher these numbers become the bigger and more expensive are the units.

If you run a high voltage output BEC you have to make sure that all your components can operate safely at that higher voltage.

One other important thing to remember is that the red wire from the ESC that plugs into your receiver usually has to be disconnected. That is the ESC's BEC power wire and usually you do not want two power inputs to the receiver. Just unclip that red wire from the plastic holder. You might have to plug it back in to make adjustment settings to your ESC if you have that type. That is why you do not wanna cut the red wire. I just slide over a small piece of fuel line over that red pin to protect it from shorting out.
Old 04-21-2013, 08:09 AM
Tech Adept

You can set the output voltage on some external BECs. Amperage is determined by demand load of your servo(s), esc, fans, rx and transponder. Amperage is a fixed amount that the BEC can supply. Some ESCs have a current(amperage) limiter that can be set for punch control. A five amp BEC is usual sufficient. A switching type rather than a linear type is the better type.

The major considerations when choosing an external BEC is the input voltage, output current max number, output voltage and if a switching type. The higher these numbers become the bigger and more expensive are the units.

If you run a high voltage output BEC you have to make sure that all your components can operate safely at that higher voltage.

One other important thing to remember is that the red wire from the ESC that plugs into your receiver usually has to be disconnected. That is the ESC's BEC power wire and usually you do not want two power inputs to the receiver. Just unclip that red wire from the plastic holder. You might have to plug it back in to make adjustment settings to your ESC if you have that type. That is why you do not wanna cut the red wire. I just slide over a small piece of fuel line over that red pin to protect it from shorting out.
ok good info, I have done all the installation. it just seems as though my servo doesn't have enough power(hi-tech super torque), the fan on the motor isn't blowing hard( castle fan w shroud) and im using a futaba spectra rx/tx. so I want to know whats a safe but efficient amp setting for the castle creations 10a bec? its currently running at 5a( stock setting)
Old 04-21-2013, 09:19 AM
Tech Regular

ok good info, I have done all the installation. it just seems as though my servo doesn't have enough power(hi-tech super torque), the fan on the motor isn't blowing hard( castle fan w shroud) and im using a futaba spectra rx/tx. so I want to know whats a safe but efficient amp setting for the castle creations 10a bec? its currently running at 5a( stock setting)
Sounds like you are still not understanding. That Castle regulator is suppose to supply a max of 10 amps if that is needed. What you can adjust is the output voltage using your pc link. You need to up that to 7 volts and that should help you out. I would not go much higher than 7 volts or something might not like that voltage. In fact look up the specs on your receiver and make sure it can handle that voltage, wouldn't wanna smoke it.

On your bench you should be able to push bottoming out your front shocks and still be able to have the steering servo turn the front tires with good speed.

Not a big fan with regards to that Castle motor cooler. That never could cool my stuff enough. I see now they offer a dual cooler set up. That would be a better choice.

keep us posted.

Last edited by rcwck; 04-21-2013 at 09:33 AM. Reason: MoInfo
Old 04-21-2013, 11:00 AM
Tech Adept

Sounds like you are still not understanding. That Castle regulator is suppose to supply a max of 10 amps if that is needed. What you can adjust is the output voltage using your pc link. You need to up that to 7 volts and that should help you out. I would not go much higher than 7 volts or something might not like that voltage. In fact look up the specs on your receiver and make sure it can handle that voltage, wouldn't wanna smoke it.

On your bench you should be able to push bottoming out your front shocks and still be able to have the steering servo turn the front tires with good speed.

Not a big fan with regards to that Castle motor cooler. That never could cool my stuff enough. I see now they offer a dual cooler set up. That would be a better choice.

keep us posted.
Ok thats what I wanted to know ..
Thank you in advance and I will look up the specs on my receiver as well. My pc link should arrive tomorrow via usps
Old 04-21-2013, 06:45 PM
Tech Adept

I think I need to call my state farm agent .

Just after putting the car together all setup how I thought I liked it . I thought Id take it out for a couple test runs and see how my masterpieces performs . Not even 5min into my runs , I left it down the strip to kool off a little but and out of nowhere this ladyz hugs the inside corner of a turn even though she should be on the right hand side of the street . Her front tire cleared the car but the back tire went right over it . I dont think this will buff out , but thankfully only carbon fiber that broke was the rear shock tower , and a turnbuckle and one of the rims .

Old 04-21-2013, 07:10 PM
Tech Regular

I think I need to call my state farm agent .

Just after putting the car together all setup how I thought I liked it . I thought Id take it out for a couple test runs and see how my masterpieces performs . Not even 5min into my runs , I left it down the strip to kool off a little but and out of nowhere this ladyz hugs the inside corner of a turn even though she should be on the right hand side of the street . Her front tire cleared the car but the back tire went right over it . I dont think this will buff out , but thankfully only carbon fiber that broke was the rear shock tower , and a turnbuckle and one of the rims .

Mayhem.......You better get Allstate. Now that's funny!! Glad you can joke about it.

Sorry about your pancaked car and I hope you get it repaired by this Saturday for the test and tune. I have crash kits for GTPII if you have trouble located whatchu need. But no shock towers or turn buckles.
Just PM me.
Old 04-21-2013, 07:58 PM
Tech Adept

thanks I pretty much have everything put back together , luckily I know some guys locally that have lx2e and gtp so can try source parts there before I have to order any . Only issue that my CF shock tower was the dirt oval style and very long and wide compared to GTP rear shock tower . SNR doesnt have it on his site and maxvelocity sells it for $40+ shipping . Just found another guy CCS customs . Just ordered one from him $30 shipped , well see how this one plays out its 3mm compared to the one I had before at 4mm , for now ill just install my stock rear shock tower , the body actually bent back with a couple kinks , will try to reinforce in .

And hopefully weather breaks this weekend because Ive been pretty bummed that I havnt been able to try it out on the track in the last couple weekends .. LoL still have alot of testing and tuning before shes road worthy , I still need to pick up a mylaps also . Hopefully ill have one in my possesion before actually raceday , will be my first time using one .
Old 04-22-2013, 04:39 AM
Tech Regular

thanks I pretty much have everything put back together , luckily I know some guys locally that have lx2e and gtp so can try source parts there before I have to order any . Only issue that my CF shock tower was the dirt oval style and very long and wide compared to GTP rear shock tower . SNR doesnt have it on his site and maxvelocity sells it for $40+ shipping . Just found another guy CCS customs . Just ordered one from him $30 shipped , well see how this one plays out its 3mm compared to the one I had before at 4mm , for now ill just install my stock rear shock tower , the body actually bent back with a couple kinks , will try to reinforce in .

And hopefully weather breaks this weekend because Ive been pretty bummed that I havnt been able to try it out on the track in the last couple weekends .. LoL still have alot of testing and tuning before shes road worthy , I still need to pick up a mylaps also . Hopefully ill have one in my possesion before actually raceday , will be my first time using one .
Sounds good on the fixes.

Around here we use that self adhesive dry wall seaming tape applied to the underside of the the body then brush shoe goo or any type goo over it to reinforce the body. Walmart carries a goo that is thinner and easier to brush. It's called E6000 and comes in a silver tube. That reinforcement method remains flexible and will not fall off.

When you buy a transponder make sure it is NOT a RC4 specific type. The best one to purchase is the "Hybrid" version and of course is the most expensive.

Last edited by rcwck; 04-22-2013 at 05:36 PM. Reason: MoInfo

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.