Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree172Likes

Kyosho Ultima RB6 & RB6.6 Car Thread

Hide Wikipost
Old 12-21-2016, 08:46 AM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech ForumsThread Wiki: Kyosho Ultima RB6 & RB6.6 Car Thread
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: tobamiester
RB6.6 Kyosho America Product Page: http://www.kyoshoamerica.com/ULTIMA-...T_p_24505.html

RB6.6 Manual http://www.kyosho.com/jpn/support/in...A_RB6_6_IM.pdf

RB6.6 Kyosho Youtube https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vW_sR667utY

MSRP $639 MAP $399.99

-------------------------------
New RB6.6 parts (compared exploded views, prices and links are Kyosho America):

Chassis:
  1. Main chassis - UM731 - $125.99
  2. Side guards - UM732 - $9.99

Battery Holder:
  1. Battery plate - UM733 - $8.99
  2. Battery foam - UM741 - $7.99

Rear Bulkheads:
  1. MM3 and Laydown - UM740 - $9.99
    • MM3 bulkhead
    • Laydown bulkhead
    • Swaybar Holders

3 Gear Transmission (MM and RM):
  1. Transmission - UM734 - $10.99
    • transmission cases
    • spacers
    • caps
    • plastic FR & RR suspension hangers

2. Gear Cover - UM735 - $6.99

Laydown Transmission (3 and 4 gear possible):
  1. Transmission - UM736 - $10.99
    • transmission cases
    • spacers
    • caps
    • required extra hardware
    • pastic FR suspension hanger

2. 40T idler - UM737 - $6.99
  3. Motor plate - UM738 - $18.99
  4. Gear cover - UM739 - $6.99

Body:
  1. Blade body - UMB05 - $27.99

Optional Parts:
  1. Lightweigt Blade body - UMB05LW - $31.99
  2. Aluminum FR suspension hanger - UMW705B - $28.99 (may be able to file UMW705 to fit)
  3. Brass FR suspension hanger - UMW725B - $30.99 (looks more different than UMW725..someone confirm?)

Typical Upgrades for new RB6.6 Buyers

UMW701 Aluminum Steering Plate (RB6)
UMW702 Aluminum Crank Arm (RB6)
UMW704-0 V2 Aluminum Rear Hub Set(0°/RB6)
UMW705B Aluminum Rear Sus. Holder (RF/RB6.6) or brass UMW725B
UMW707 Aluminum Rear Sus. Holder (RR-Mid)

Nice to have:

UMW723 Aluminum Front Sus Block (Type B/10g/RB6/RT6/SC6).

Aftermarket Parts:

Front Wing: https://www.prolineracing.com/perfor...mount-alum-rb6

Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2013, 03:43 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

agreed delrin would be a great way of doing it. but it would need to be replaced often..
Old 04-10-2013, 06:33 AM
Tech Initiate

Default So who knows?

Can anyone explain what battery/ motor configuration will provide the most rear traction? The track is an indoor, very hard packed (not blue groove) clean surface, and I cannot believe how much I have to baby the car to keep the rear from breaking loose. Everyone is running rear motor, suburbs tires, and shorty batteries, but I can't help but wonder if this thing needs some weight in it or something. When I was younger and raced 2wd buggy, I NEVER had traction problems in the rear.

I heard one guy say that running the battery all the way back makes it worse? Some running saddles, most running shorty. Whats the benefit to each?

Another annoying thing is that the rear slaps so hard off these little jumps that sometimes it will cause the rear to hop sideways. Running 30wt in the rear and 35 in the front, stock front springs, gold rear.

The car is amazing quality and durability wise, but so far its a handful to drive. I would do anything to have this car push a bit.

Last edited by photopro; 04-10-2013 at 06:38 AM. Reason: mistake
Old 04-10-2013, 07:18 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by photopro
Can anyone explain what battery/ motor configuration will provide the most rear traction? The track is an indoor, very hard packed (not blue groove) clean surface, and I cannot believe how much I have to baby the car to keep the rear from breaking loose. Everyone is running rear motor, suburbs tires, and shorty batteries, but I can't help but wonder if this thing needs some weight in it or something. When I was younger and raced 2wd buggy, I NEVER had traction problems in the rear.

I heard one guy say that running the battery all the way back makes it worse? Some running saddles, most running shorty. Whats the benefit to each?

Another annoying thing is that the rear slaps so hard off these little jumps that sometimes it will cause the rear to hop sideways. Running 30wt in the rear and 35 in the front, stock front springs, gold rear.

The car is amazing quality and durability wise, but so far its a handful to drive. I would do anything to have this car push a bit.
Lol I had just mentioned on the rb5 thread that this car is so unlike a typical 2wd, one being having to seek rear traction. It's almost as though weight is shifted upfront even in RM config. Or the chassis is so rigid it's pressing down towards the front so you've got huge steering but consequently loose rear. Interesting car for a 2wd. Whoever designed this may have had a vendetta towards steering!
Old 04-10-2013, 07:22 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 14 (94%+)

Take out the side guard screws. Then post your setup.
Old 04-10-2013, 08:01 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 89 (100%+)
Thumbs up

I run rear motor with the narrow rear suspension mounts, shorty pack as far to the rear of the car as I can get it and I have plenty of traction. I think your issue maybe you are running the stock wide rear suspension mounts?
Old 04-10-2013, 08:02 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 89 (100%+)
Thumbs up Rear Traction

dbl post
Old 04-10-2013, 12:10 PM
Tech Initiate

Thanks guys for your help.

Wide rear hangers...yes.
I took out the side screws
Tried shorty pack towards front and rear.
Aka rear inserts made rear traction worse. Soft white foam included with suburbs was far better.

Anyone else come up with and tips to lock the rear in?
Anyone else try the rear narrow with good luck?
Old 04-10-2013, 12:52 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Post your full set up and track name please

Wide rear hangers...yes.
Aka rear inserts made rear traction worse. Soft white foam included with suburbs was far better.

Old 04-10-2013, 01:06 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Wide rear hangers...yes.

i feel you!! this is the reason why i am one click away from not getting this car!! im a k guy and have bedn for awhile! had all the rb series all the way to the wc!! if any of these cars wrre off groove!! they were out to lunch!! jus dont want to pull the trigger on a car that going to take forever to figure out the sweet spot!
Old 04-10-2013, 01:56 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 43 (100%+)

I was in no way complaining about the rb6. I have an rb5 and that thing IMHO is not worth driving if you have a rb6. It does everything better than the 5. Yes the steering gets sloppy but keep in mind I was on the same parts since I got the car (which was around september) and its been run almost every week since. On the rb5 that stupid servo saver had to be glued to get some response. The chassis was always too short from the factory so had to glue cut up parts etc. Not worth the trouble for me.

For people who cannot lock the rear in enough, just use narrow suspension hangers, rear motor battery as far back (or a full pack) or 0.5 rear hubs with gold or white rear springs and test it out. This car has the best qualities of the two other leading platforms, the adjustablity and durability of the 22 and the nimbleness of the b4.
Old 04-10-2013, 02:03 PM
Tech Elite

thats another think that will help, gold springs did lock the rear down. i had to stand the rear shock up to get my corner speed back, but that tamed it down.

post your set up.

i would wonder if you're using optimal tires.. are they broken in?
Old 04-10-2013, 02:04 PM
Tech Elite

For the bearings, we can have two to reduce slop can't we, like the rb6 rack has on the crank arms. That part is not sloppy at all and pivots as much as the rack does. Plus bearings are cheaper than the bushing to replace (1$ per avid and 6$ for the bushings LA256).
Old 04-10-2013, 02:14 PM
Tech Elite

I came off a super dialed in b4.1 and I am loving this car. Best purchase ice made in rc!
Old 04-10-2013, 03:05 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

The RB5 was naturally biased towards rear traction. The car could never be as aggressive as the B4 because it generated too much traction at the rear. The RB6 is a different car. The bias was shifted to a stiffer car, and more towards the front. It would be interesting to see what the front to rear weight bias is of both cars, but I would bet quite a bit of % points were shifted towards the front. On top of that, no more t-plate, which is where a lot of the rear traction was generated on the 5. The 6 is just a different car, designed to be fast and aggressive.

Without seeing your exact detailed setup, we can only speculate on what kind of changes you need to make... but to flat out discredit the car as a whole because you don't know how to shift traction to a more rear bias, is flat out silly.

Are you on a really loose track? like top soil dirt? Here are the things you need to do

1. no closed cell rear inserts, run softer open cells
2. .5 degree rear hubs for 3.5 rear toe, instead of 3.
3. narrow hangers (plastic ones, if you never crash)
4. shift the battery back a bit
5. shave weight off the front with a lopro servo
6. maybe step up to white front springs, maybe down to golds in the rear

These are some of the things you can do to shift the bias back to the rear of the car. How do you generate traction? friction. How do you generate friction? Weight.
Old 04-10-2013, 03:25 PM
Tech Elite

Also just realised from the hara mid motor setup you can stick a shorty sideways for max rear bias. I would not do it though. That reminds me too much of my cougar sv2.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.