TLR TEN-SCTE 2.0 Kit Thread >

TLR TEN-SCTE 2.0 Kit Thread

Like Tree10Likes

TLR TEN-SCTE 2.0 Kit Thread

Old 02-04-2013, 08:49 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TCCustoms
And for you guys planning to get the new 2.0..heres a neat little tool set-up to help build your new kit

ARROWMAX Honeycomb tools
So pretty I wouldn't want to use them
Old 02-04-2013, 09:12 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 440 (99%+)

Originally Posted by Conti027
So pretty I wouldn't want to use them
+1

They need to be in a locked display case lol.
Old 02-04-2013, 10:26 PM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 8ight-e
You'll be impressed. Report back

Most pro 4 owners (many other motors in this class too) deal with heat issues, and basically have no choice but to run an rx8 (or similar) esc w/ a limiter just to keep things in check regardless of gear options. You don't need to worry about temps or limiters any of that stuff ever again w/ the hw 4k. Gear 13-16depending on setup your esc/ esc settings and size of track and just smile and race. These really are expected results though with a rotor as big as it is vs. the pro4’s.

It has a different power band w/ more torque for when you need/want it.. subjective of course if you actually like the 'feel'. I've found you can come off a tight turn and be a little off the line and still have the rear needed to nail everything just a little easier than w/ the pro4. You can even adjust in flight a little better if you have a less than perfect take off. This was far more challenging w/ either of the tekins I owned when setup to the 'race settings' to avoid heat issues. For someone who can throw fast laps but may miss a line or two (unlike you guys that nail it every time :P) it can make a big difference through the duration of a race. Top end it will stay with or even walk away from the 4600 depending on setup and with a lower temp.

Please note this is all my opinion, but is supported by my experience w/ all of these choices discussed (actually have tried 12 motors and 5 escs in this truck) over the last few years. Ask others though w/ this setup and see what their thoughts are,, I'd suspect they have had similar results.

V3's have been out since spring, v3.1 is now available with some minor improvements. Agree most are just fine w/ the sctpro.

+1 I need a sponsorship, hook me up!
Interesting. I have never had heat issues with my Pro-4 but I know others have. Glad to see there are lots of good options out there.
Old 02-04-2013, 10:27 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Oceans41
Did I makes the right move... I am looking to run 4x4 sc this summer, and just ordered a SCTE for $210. Should I have waited for the 2.0?
No ,The ver 1 that I run and some others(after market chassis guys)Can hold there own against most takers ,it does come down to driver tho,so a ver -1 driver who can rail will not be left behind by the ver 2.0
just because of hardware.! But You will want to change over from the stock chassis for sure! Cheers!

Last edited by BmainStar; 02-04-2013 at 11:58 PM.
Old 02-04-2013, 10:30 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Casper
Interesting. I have never had heat issues with my Pro-4 but I know others have. Glad to see there are lots of good options out there.
For those of US that don't get the Tekin discount or the sponsorship privileges, the 4000 kv unit from Hobbywing is the logical choice THIS time around.....P.S. Sorry I didn't Muti quote LOL i DONT CARE!!!PBR!!!!!!!!!!
Old 02-04-2013, 10:42 PM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BmainStar
For those of US that don't get the Tekin discount or the sponsorship privileges, the 4000 kv unit from Hobbywing is the logical choice THIS time around.....P.S. Sorry I didn't Muti quote LOL i DONT CARE!!!PBR!!!!!!!!!!
I get it. For what it is worth I am on the same Pro-4 4600 motor I got from the very first shipment and it is still going strong. Same bearings and everything. Just replaced the rotor just because for the next season.
Old 02-04-2013, 10:53 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 76 (100%+)

I get it. For what it is worth I am on the same Pro-4 4600 motor I got from the very first shipment and it is still going strong. Same bearings and everything. Just replaced the rotor just because for the next season.
Same, tekin pro-4 has been the best bang for my buck since I joined this class. I have at least 500 cycles on my first batch pro-4 4600 motor.
Old 02-04-2013, 11:01 PM
Tech Master

Didn't mean to sound like a welfare case barking up the wrong tree... LOL But the Pro -4 that I bought used and spun the can on once,
Was the Gnarliest Motor I have ever run in 20 yrs of R/C Fo Sho!!!!Times as they are (all illusions set aside),a 85 dollar sensor- ed 4-pole 4000 kv just fits the Bill.I really hope to see more Upper level Sportsman drivers ,step up and support this Class!!!!P.S I would like to see more sponsored Sportsman drivers that
share in the wealth for that class.

Last edited by BmainStar; 02-04-2013 at 11:18 PM.
Old 02-04-2013, 11:59 PM
Tech Addict

If you don't buy the TLR tuning kit for the scte 1.0, make sure to at least get

1) front/rear carbon shock towers
2) rear kit of racing springs
3) kit of sway bars

I'd also get three of the new diff cups and just swap them out from day one when you put in your oils and take out the grease. Otherwise it'll be a good truck to you, plenty of tweaks listed on the other 1.0 scte thread.
Also check that suspension isn't binding. All the trucks I have seen had binding especially the rear. Drill the a-arms with a 3,6mm drill and don't overtighten the screws.

Oh, this is 2.0 thread. Good tips regardless. After I did these and other things my truck nicely comes down again after lifting it.
Old 02-05-2013, 12:38 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by hacker07
As mentioned earlier on the older thread...there was a batch of rebuild kits that had the DIFF O-RINGS in them instead of the x-ring type shock o-rings in them. They look completely different. It sounds as though you got those. Give CS a call and they will get you taken care of. I apologize for this.
LOL I Just ran into this same problem. Im not too worried about it. Just went through the whole truck I got used. Came down to the shocks and was like WTH. These are supposed to be great shocks but they leak? Just put the old orings back in till I can get back to the LHS all is well.
Will you guys take care of the LHS if they have a bunch of the bad batch on the wall?
Old 02-05-2013, 12:55 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 24 (96%+)

My sct pro combo just came in!

Can't wait to give this 4000kv a spin!
Now I need a truck, hard choice between the tekno and Losi :-/
Old 02-05-2013, 04:00 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 58 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Feint Motion
Not a hard choice :P Losi +1
Old 02-05-2013, 04:34 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 24 (96%+)

Not a hard choice :P Losi +1
Indeed
Old 02-05-2013, 04:44 AM
Tech Addict

Meh, I think I'd go for the Tekno so I'd have one of both
Old 02-05-2013, 06:17 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Feint Motion
My sct pro combo just came in
Can't wait to give this 4000kv a spin!
Check my sig and you'll know which one i prefer. And i've owned both.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.