Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree80Likes

Durango DEX210 Thread

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-2013, 09:32 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Just ordered a DEX210 kit and am anxiously awaiting its arrival. Feel like I'm 15 again getting back into the hobby. Looking for any help I can come across. I understand there is a plethora of it in this thread so time to start at page 1 and comb through it!
Old 01-01-2013, 05:33 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by dragracer72nova
Here you go! Bulldog on a Demec+8mm chassis.
Dave
hey dragracer, i like the green color. what flavor is it? and if you dont mind, what did you back it with? thanks.
Old 01-01-2013, 06:19 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

My new lid for my MM4.
Attached Thumbnails Durango DEX210 Thread-1photo.jpg   Durango DEX210 Thread-2photo.jpg  
Old 01-01-2013, 06:28 PM
Suspended

So I just got one of these cars used. Haven't driven it yet but what upgrades should I do to it right off,short of reading through 633 pages. My car has some stuff done to it already. Oh and I'm running on a indoor dirt track.
Mike G.
Old 01-01-2013, 08:44 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Captcha
Just ordered a DEX210 kit and am anxiously awaiting its arrival. Feel like I'm 15 again getting back into the hobby. Looking for any help I can come across. I understand there is a plethora of it in this thread so time to start at page 1 and comb through it!
I'm right there with you. My DEX210 is supposed to be here on Monday. It's been a long time since I bought something new, even longer since I built a kit so I'm very excited about this one.
Old 01-01-2013, 08:49 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 520 (100%+)

Originally Posted by lv4sndz
So I just got one of these cars used. Haven't driven it yet but what upgrades should I do to it right off,short of reading through 633 pages. My car has some stuff done to it already. Oh and I'm running on a indoor dirt track.
Mike G.
Hey Mike, there are a few things that increase durability. The steering link could be a good place to upgrade if it hasn't been done already, and Durango makes a nice piece #TD320157.
Originally Posted by JKRacing37
I'm right there with you. My DEX210 is supposed to be here on Monday. It's been a long time since I bought something new, even longer since I built a kit so I'm very excited about this one.
While you guys are waiting, go and browse here, pay special attention to the diff build, hubs caster inserts, and download the manual to use when you build, the book that comes with the kit has some typos...The build is different than other kits, especially the diff...do this and it will save you lots of time..
Old 01-01-2013, 08:59 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 89 (99%+)

Just listed a great DEX210 package with a TON of parts and extras in the for sale section if anyone is interested:

http://www.rctech.net/forum/r-c-item...ons-parts.html
Old 01-01-2013, 09:30 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by lv4sndz
Mike G.
Not giving us much to work with. Sometimes the only difference between an indoor and outdoor track is the roof. What kind of track. How big? When you say the buggy already has some stuff? Like what? If you have a specific question use the search function. Chances are its been asked several times already. Love to help but need more info.
Old 01-01-2013, 09:31 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Originally Posted by flame56mx
While you guys are waiting, go and browse here, pay special attention to the diff build, hubs caster inserts, and download the manual to use when you build, the book that comes with the kit has some typos...The build is different than other kits, especially the diff...do this and it will save you lots of time..
Thanks a lot, I appreciate that!

What are common parts to have in my pit box? Hobby shop at the track doesn't carry Durango parts so I need to have all the spares on hand myself. All I have seen broken at the track is a rear shock tower. We race ozite carpet over concrete, 2x4 boards - not a very forgiving track.
Old 01-02-2013, 03:02 AM
Tech Regular

hi there

has someone try to reaming out associated spur gears?
i need a 81 spur gear. the schmuacher will fit, i know.
rw spur gears: i dont like the quality of the rw spr gears. they are not round enough.
i like durango spur gears, good quality but 81 size is never avaible here.

i dont wanna to buy the tresrey slipper shaft.

someone try to reaming out the asso spur gears?
i run my dex210 with a 6.5 engine on carpet and want to gears with the smaller spur gear.

asso spur gears are always avaible, so i think its better to try this

thank you
Old 01-02-2013, 03:02 AM
Tech Regular

hi there

rw spur gears: i dont like the quality of the rw spr gears. they are not round enough.

i run my dex210 with a 6.5 engine on carpet and want to gears with the smaller spur gear.

thank you
Old 01-02-2013, 04:41 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mihaelbencek
hi there

thank you
If you think the quality RW gears are "not round enough" you should stay away from boring out the Associated gears!
Old 01-02-2013, 04:54 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mihaelbencek
hi there

thank you

I have reamed an AE spur. It works fine, just take your time and make sure the hole stays centered or it will make the spur out of round when mounted. I prefer the RW spurs, mine are perfect.
Old 01-02-2013, 05:14 AM
Tech Regular

I ordered 3 rw spurs. They are terrible, never lasting longer then 10 minutes. The durango spur i run a couple of wheeks and month in my dex and desc210.
Old 01-02-2013, 05:17 AM
Tech Regular

Maybe i got a bad charge of spur gear from them.
But i dont wanna spend my money again in their stuff.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.