Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Reflex Suspension Dynamics (RSD) TC6 Upgrades (vertical ball studs, pistons,etc) >

Reflex Suspension Dynamics (RSD) TC6 Upgrades (vertical ball studs, pistons,etc)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree4Likes

Reflex Suspension Dynamics (RSD) TC6 Upgrades (vertical ball studs, pistons,etc)

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2012, 04:02 AM
Tech Regular

I will try the plier and lighter trick ;-)

Thanks, i'll let you know if it worked out.
Old 10-14-2012, 03:37 AM
Tech Regular

First I tried the plier, but it wasnt free moving (it was slightly better though). So I used a lighter (had to search for one since i don't smoke, it's in my toolbox from now on ).

I used, like Cristian said, a 2mm hex and freed it up. After that I had to cut some of the "bubbly" plastic away (due the heat) with a knife. Now it's free moving in the hubs. No more binding.

I guess drilling with a 2.1MM drill will also do the work. I'll try that next time.
Old 10-15-2012, 05:22 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Hi guys i just ordered my tc6.1wc and hopefully will have it this friday from my LHS, I'm looking to getting the RSD shock bladders and the DCJ as well, whats the correct way to install them on the car, I've heard some light mod is required to make them work,also is there anything else that i need for them.
Old 10-15-2012, 05:51 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bozzplayer
Hi guys i just ordered my tc6.1wc and hopefully will have it this friday from my LHS, I'm looking to getting the RSD shock bladders and the DCJ as well, whats the correct way to install them on the car, I've heard some light mod is required to make them work,also is there anything else that i need for them.
you will also need the wheel hexes, as the pins are bigger.

i think the 5mm ones are the correct ones, im sure if im wrong someone will say

Ed
Old 10-15-2012, 07:42 PM
Tech Adept

The bladders are drop in, no modding required.

For the DCJ's youll need roll pins part number RSD025 and the 5mm hex's part number RSD026. The hexs show as out of stock at the moment but I'm sure Cristian will chime in and let you know when they will available again. You could get the 4mm ones and the hex spacer kit to make 5mm.

Make sure to take the DCJ's apart and grease everything and also add thread lock to the set screws. I put the thread lock on the set screws and let it dry over night then assembly them, it will hold together better. Also wrap the coupler in heat shrink as a back up measure. On the 6.1 the c hubs are already opened up so the DCJ's will drop in fine.
Old 10-15-2012, 07:45 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

I have been using RSD 14.5 and 15.5 springs. But they seem much much softer than comparable springs at this rate?

I brought mine almost a year ago. Are they same as their ratings? I am after similar to HPI silver and pink or Xray 2.6, 2.8

thx
Old 10-15-2012, 07:51 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by VAzRACER
The bladders are drop in, no modding required.

For the DCJ's youll need roll pins part number RSD025 and the 5mm hex's part number RSD026. The hexs show as out of stock at the moment but I'm sure Cristian will chime in and let you know when they will available again. You could get the 4mm ones and the hex spacer kit to make 5mm.

Make sure to take the DCJ's apart and grease everything and also add thread lock to the set screws. I put the thread lock on the set screws and let it dry over night then assembly them, it will hold together better. Also wrap the coupler in heat shrink as a back up measure. On the 6.1 the c hubs are already opened up so the DCJ's will drop in fine.
Thanks for all the info, so just to clarify the RSD DCJ don't need the tc6.1 caster blocks modded to fit and work fine
Old 10-15-2012, 08:08 PM
Tech Adept

Thanks for all the info, so just to clarify the RSD DCJ don't need the tc6.1 caster blocks modded to fit and work fine
You shouldnt need to, the opening is bigger and the inner edge is chamfered. I havent used a set of 6.1 blocks in a while but I dont remember having to mod them.

I'm still using 6 caster blocks I opened up, going on 1 year ago haha. When the 6.1 came out the c hubs all had air pockets in them and if you breath on them they would break. They have since fixed the issue but I havent bought new ones yet.
Old 10-16-2012, 08:05 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

IN STOCK AND SHIPPING!!!

Dual Cardan Joints allow for smoother power transfer in the front drive train of your Touring Car when the wheels are turning. Installing these in your car will allow for the car to drive smoother and have increased steering especially in tight corners.

The RSD DCJ's work with both the TC6 and the TC6.1 so long as you are using a 5x10x3 bearing in the TC6 and a 5x10x4 bearing in the TC6.1. Slight modification to the caster blocks is needed.

You must also use a Hex Hub adapter part no RSD026 and/or RSD027 are the best options, along with our RSD025 DCJ drive pin.

Each package includes 2 DCJ's.

Read our DCJ Build guide here. Or Click on the Pic Below:
Old 10-16-2012, 07:21 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

You know what would be killer? A hard bumper that matches the stock Yokomo bumper.
Old 10-16-2012, 07:25 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

I'll take a look into it.
Old 10-16-2012, 08:34 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

Cough..417 bumper...cough
Old 10-16-2012, 11:37 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by zzztech
I have been using RSD 14.5 and 15.5 springs. But they seem much much softer than comparable springs at this rate?

I brought mine almost a year ago. Are they same as their ratings? I am after similar to HPI silver and pink or Xray 2.6, 2.8

thx
We have revised our spring rates recently. Please check out the store for the new rates as they have all changed. They are all about 1lb lighter than what the factory was rating them.

However, HPI and XRay ratings are not very accurate either. Do a search on the thread, I have the ratings for the xray springs and they are stiffer than advertized. The HPI silver is rated at 16.2 and the pinks I think at 16.7 or so. Our new purple spring is a 16.4 and is pretty close. This is my new favorite spring.
Old 10-18-2012, 08:07 AM
Tech Champion

hey bud...Ive got the RSD027 spool cup...-minus 1...lol..will the new cup..RSD033 work okay with it..?
Old 10-18-2012, 08:17 AM
Tech Champion

also I see the HW Justock too

http://reflexracing.3dcartstores.com...ck_p_1325.html

...sweet USVTA legal esc and at a great price..Ive got one in my TC4 Club Racer now...

speaking of the Club Racer?...its gain alot of popularity lately...any chance of RSD making any upgrades for it...I know there are tons out there...but you guys make some really nice upgrades...just saying..
Attached Images  

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.