Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
Durango DEX210 Thread >

Durango DEX210 Thread

Like Tree80Likes

Durango DEX210 Thread

Old 08-15-2012, 06:33 PM
Tech Apprentice

all i got is the carbon steering rack too because its the only thing that broke everything else is good.car works awsome right out of the box just build the diff right.
Old 08-16-2012, 08:49 AM
Tech Master

I bought the Jconcepts ball cups ( # 2025 ) but they are to small for the durango ball studs.

What ball cups fit the durango ball studs ?

I need a solution for my front camberlinks that keep popping off .

the last 2 race days it happend 4 times.

can someone point me in the right direction.
Old 08-16-2012, 09:02 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by murky123
I bought the Jconcepts ball cups ( # 2025 ) but they are to small for the durango ball studs.

Get the lunsford kit and never think about it again.
Old 08-16-2012, 09:04 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by dexon555
Get the lunsford kit and never think about it again.
no, sorry to expensive for me.
I need a option that I can afford
Old 08-16-2012, 09:14 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

The stock ones will work but you need to do a few things:

make sure when you are first threading them on that you don't stick anything through the holes of the ballcups(i.e. an allen wrench) and use it to turn the ball cups on. It will stretch them out.

once you snap them on for the first time, never unsnap them. If you need to relocate the ballstud, leave the cup attached.

when you adjust the camber, always put an allen wrench through the holes so that they don't twist off the ballstuds.

If you follow all these suggestions, you will have success using the stock cups. I know it is a pain compared with normal ballcups, but this is what it takes to get these to work. Also, if one starts to pop of more than once, toss it or it will continue to get worse.

I have followed these suggestions given by others here in this forum and all my problems went away.
Old 08-16-2012, 09:21 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Cspurlock
The stock ones will work but you need to do a few things:

make sure when you are first threading them on that you don't stick anything through the holes of the ballcups(i.e. an allen wrench) and use it to turn the ball cups on. It will stretch them out.

once you snap them on for the first time, never unsnap them. If you need to relocate the ballstud, leave the cup attached.

when you adjust the camber, always put an allen wrench through the holes so that they don't twist off the ballstuds.

If you follow all these suggestions, you will have success using the stock cups. I know it is a pain compared with normal ballcups, but this is what it takes to get these to work. Also, if one starts to pop of more than once, toss it or it will continue to get worse.

I have followed these suggestions given by others here in this forum and all my problems went away.
I know, I know. I have done all that
my stock ball cups and ball studs are now 9 months old, and they are now starting to pop off. 9 months with-out any problems.

so again. can someone put me in the right direction : wich ball studs go with the jconcepts ball cups. or witch third party ball cups go with the durango ball studs
Old 08-16-2012, 09:27 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

HPI
Schumacher
or the losi special grey one that are very hard to come by and you need longer turnbuckles
Old 08-16-2012, 09:41 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

my stock ball cups and ball studs are now 9 months old, and they are now starting to pop off. 9 months with-out any problems.

so again. can someone put me in the right direction : wich ball studs go with the jconcepts ball cups. or witch third party ball cups go with the durango ball studs
Associated TC5 ballstuds are what you need to use the JC cups- they have a metric thread pitch, but have the standard AE ball size. I used the JC cups on all of our AE rides and had great luck with them, but still use stockers on our TD cars now.
Old 08-16-2012, 10:14 AM
Tech Master

thanks guys, that will give me a few options
Old 08-16-2012, 11:12 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

no, sorry to expensive for me.
I need a option that I can afford
Does the 210 come with the HD ball cups? I had them on my 410 and never had an issue. If not try the HD ball cups.
Old 08-16-2012, 11:20 AM
Tech Master

Really sitting on the fence trying to decide whether or not to buy this car. I tried the 22 but never quite got it dialed to my liking. The B4.1 was pretty good out of the box, and really good with some minor mods.

I really like the quality of Durango, and even though my local shops do not stock parts, I can order them online in bulk. Recently I have found most of the local shops carry less and less of the most used parts for the B4 and 22 anyway.

So before I pull the trigger, I read several thousand pages on this thread, and based on your suggestions, I will only need a few minor parts to make the car bullet proof.

What are the most common parts to break and what should I stock up on?
Who's set up should I start out with as a baseline for a medium bite, outdoor dirt and clay track? What about indoor clay?
Old 08-16-2012, 11:23 AM
Tech Master

What do you guys do for wheels? Order the Durango wheels, or convert to use the AE wheels?
Old 08-16-2012, 12:11 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Nine months on a set of ballcups? I've never had any brand of ball cups last more than 3 months before they bend or start poping off!!!

Nine months??? I'd say just keep using the same brand as they are working good for you.

Ballcups are a consumable in my opinion.
Old 08-16-2012, 12:22 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

I changed mine over to Kyosho because they popped off all the time. Odd thing....my 4wd SC has the standard non-HD and I never popped one off and I just now replaced them after 10 months...........with the standard ones......figure that one out
Old 08-16-2012, 06:05 PM
Tech Apprentice

Picking up my 210 tomorrow!!!!! Pretty excited.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.