Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Awesomatix EP Touring Car (A700 Shaft Drive) >

Awesomatix EP Touring Car (A700 Shaft Drive)

Like Tree143Likes

Awesomatix EP Touring Car (A700 Shaft Drive)

Old 04-16-2012, 02:51 PM
Tech Rookie

hi freddy, congratulations for your race at STE.
i drive A700 in france, it's really a great chassis !
i see you change for assymetric front and symetric rear make the car lot better over bump and before this you were all asymetric or symetric ?
thanks
Old 04-16-2012, 04:00 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Get them next time Freddy.....
Old 04-16-2012, 04:11 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Originally Posted by FreddySudhoff
Okay, I hope I can practice soon outdoor. Will test than both I forgot to say that with the ride tires we used a longer wheelbase. Instead of 4-5° rear "caster" we ran 0-2° which made the car a lot more easy and less edgy to drive :-)
Did the Ride tend to understeer or oversteer?
Old 04-16-2012, 05:19 PM
Team EAM

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MDawson
Did the Ride tend to understeer or oversteer?
I tested here before I left and they had very good forward traction compared to Jaco but way less steering. They are taller and have harder inserts and more air gap.

EA
Old 04-16-2012, 07:00 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bertrandsv87
THE AWESOMATIX A700 HAS ALOT MORE POTENTIAL FOLKS!
GET IT TOGETHER FREDDY ! YOU REPRESENT THE WHOLE WORLD OF SHAFT CAR RACERS !!!!!! YOU DON'T WANT TO PISS OFF THE RUSSIAN'S ....LOL......
Oh joys this idiot is back...
Old 04-16-2012, 07:02 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by FreddySudhoff
I also think that it's for sure more than stupid to use 3,5T motors. Nobody can handle it with the modern LiPo and no tire will be strong enough whatever belt or shaft drive ...
For the tourque steer I can only say that it really depends on the carpet/ track but I normally never feel any problem while accelerate...

I just came back from the ETS race. The track was large and very bumpy, also some tape and small holes made it in the end very hard to drive.
Bad driving and no luck dropped me down to 4th. But we learned a lot about the car with the ride tires and I am really happy in the end. :-)

The only problem was the first lap in the finals. I didn't get the tires temperature up and the result was huge understeer for the first corners. In the last final I tried tire warmes and the car was much better than.

I think Oleg will post the setup on the Awesomatix page and here. I don't have the possibility to reduce the size of the pdf...

I drove the standard kit, with just the ball bearings blades as an option part.
We found out that asymetric front and symetric rear shock mode made the car a lot better over bumps. But we are working hard on solutions for the future :-)

Freddy
Good job on the ETS race, certainly going to be interested to see what you guys can come up with for outdoors, although the worlds is going to be interesting with two sets, no additive or warmers...yikes!

Cheers
Ed
Old 04-16-2012, 07:05 PM
Tech Addict

Default Video for you Korgae

Korgae,

Thought you would enjoy this and for all who want to see the A700 in action up in Canada on a bumpy track. Here you go!

Superstock
http://youtu.be/bG9sW__MK4w

centre of track
http://youtu.be/PMKB3MTbG20

Stock
http://youtu.be/2DACgsL4eL4
Old 04-16-2012, 07:11 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

For Ed....

(x) LIKE
(x) ACTIVATED IGNORE FEATURE

Last edited by MDawson; 04-16-2012 at 07:51 PM.
Old 04-16-2012, 07:58 PM
Tech Champion

Tough contested Racing, but good Performance !
Old 04-16-2012, 09:59 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Oleg Babich
Some recommendation for current gears:
1. Reducing of clearance between G01 and G02 gears by means of ~0.2mm grinding of AM13 face that connects to AM02 part.
Use SB3x5 screw with thread lock for fine adjustment of gears clearance ( p.16 of the Instruction).
For what it's worth, and to save others time and effort, I took off about ~0.2mm as described above. While it did help fix the gear lash issue, along with shimming G02 forward, it had the negative side effect of moving G01 too far towards the center of the car, and now am13 blocks the center shaft from being installed.

To get around this, I've shimmed it back out about 0.1mm, and took about 0.2mm off of am13 where G01/ST06 mounts (now at ~2.8mm). The gear lash is now near zero, and significantly quieter (on the bench). Another interesting thing is that spinning the gears backwards they are nearly inaudible. So I think if the curve in the gears were the other direction it would go quite a ways towards minimizing noise. The real key to getting it quiet is getting as much of the lash out as possible, while at the same time ensuring the gears line up with each other. If G02 is shimmed forward too far or not far enough it'll cause the corner right angle to be off. Hard to explain, but below the vertical bar represents G01 and horizonal underscores and hyphens represent G02 while looking from above. Even a .1mm difference can make a sizable change in noise.

Code:
|            
|____  <-- correct

|
|----- <-- not correct
NOW, the spur gear is moved far enough towards the center of the chassis that the spur gear nearly hits the chassis, so I've opened up that hole just a little bit.

Another interesting thing that I came across is that instead of using a button head into ST06, I've used a countersunk screw (like SF3x5) and you can tighten it all the way down without needing lock tight. Nearly no slop in the gear, spins free and no need for shimming up a crush collar inside G01.
Old 04-16-2012, 10:01 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by MaxRain
Korgae,

Thought you would enjoy this and for all who want to see the A700 in action up in Canada on a bumpy track. Here you go!

Superstock
http://youtu.be/bG9sW__MK4w

centre of track
http://youtu.be/PMKB3MTbG20

Stock
http://youtu.be/2DACgsL4eL4
Forgot to mention that Korgae is the all black car
Old 04-17-2012, 03:54 AM
Tech Fanatic

Freddy's ETS Poland setup is on our site now:
http://awesomatix.com/download/
Thank you, Freddy, for very promising result!
Old 04-17-2012, 04:34 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Oleg Babich
Freddy's ETS Poland setup is on our site now:
http://awesomatix.com/download/
Thank you, Freddy, for very promising result!
Hey oleg I sent you money on friday still no email back or shipping info.....how long does this take ?????????
Old 04-17-2012, 05:24 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by erchn
For what it's worth, and to save others time and effort, I took off about ~0.2mm as described above. While it did help fix the gear lash issue, along with shimming G02 forward, it had the negative side effect of moving G01 too far towards the center of the car, and now am13 blocks the center shaft from being installed.

To get around this, I've shimmed it back out about 0.1mm, and took about 0.2mm off of am13 where G01/ST06 mounts (now at ~2.8mm). The gear lash is now near zero, and significantly quieter (on the bench). Another interesting thing is that spinning the gears backwards they are nearly inaudible. So I think if the curve in the gears were the other direction it would go quite a ways towards minimizing noise. The real key to getting it quiet is getting as much of the lash out as possible, while at the same time ensuring the gears line up with each other. If G02 is shimmed forward too far or not far enough it'll cause the corner right angle to be off. Hard to explain, but below the vertical bar represents G01 and horizonal underscores and hyphens represent G02 while looking from above. Even a .1mm difference can make a sizable change in noise.

Code:
|            
|____  <-- correct

|
|----- <-- not correct
NOW, the spur gear is moved far enough towards the center of the chassis that the spur gear nearly hits the chassis, so I've opened up that hole just a little bit.

Another interesting thing that I came across is that instead of using a button head into ST06, I've used a countersunk screw (like SF3x5) and you can tighten it all the way down without needing lock tight. Nearly no slop in the gear, spins free and no need for shimming up a crush collar inside G01.
Good work. I'll bear this in mind next time I go transverse
Old 04-17-2012, 06:14 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by theatriks
Hey oleg I sent you money on friday still no email back or shipping info.....how long does this take ?????????
Please inform me your order No.

If it is 1000421, your parcel was sent already but we get Air Mail tracking info later than from EMS or TNT.

Last edited by Oleg Babich; 04-17-2012 at 06:27 AM.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.