Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Oval, Larger Scales and More
GT8 Class--buggy-based on road electric! >

GT8 Class--buggy-based on road electric!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree17Likes

GT8 Class--buggy-based on road electric!

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2012, 04:55 PM
Tech Master

This past weekend we were suppose to race at Corona HobbyTown but that was a "no go" so we headed to Cal Raceway and had a blast with our GT8s. I ran my Hybrid GT8 Lite/Rally Car formally a Slash 4X4. Here's the video from a different perspective.

It was my first time at Cal Raceway so I wasn't too familiary with the track so bear with my driving. Enjoy!

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.
Old 02-22-2012, 01:16 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Huck50
So,will this body will fit the Ofna DM-1 Spec e car chassis and if so,when is it coming available?Thanks,Huck
Yes it will fit. I'd say in a couple months time (a rough estimation)
Old 02-22-2012, 09:49 AM
Tech Addict

Hello from France,

here's the video from the last final of the last round (the fifth..) of our Rally Game Challenge!!!

Enjoy it!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mAS3f...layer_embedded

Au revoir.
Old 02-22-2012, 01:43 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by romuald31
Hello from France,

here's the video from the last final of the last round (the fifth..) of our Rally Game Challenge!!!

Enjoy it!!

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

Au revoir.
Romuald,

That's cool, good to see you guys racing in the wet, looked like fun!
Old 02-22-2012, 01:53 PM
Tech Regular

Romuald, That is exciting towatch. I wish I could come over and drive with you but it's a long drive from Holland.
Old 02-23-2012, 08:51 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Hey guys! I am getting into on-road, as a new track is opening near me. Anyway I have an old Mugen MBX4-RR that's been sitting for many years. I've been thinking about turning it into a GT8 car. I would e-convert as well.

My question/concern is back when I used to drive the buggy, it was mostly bashing on pavement. And that lead to the center diff (the internal bevel gears) stripping. Happened twice. Granted that was general thrashing/speed runs, and I was much younger so who knows what diff oil I had (if any) in there....

I am wondering if this is just going to be a continuing problem, since the diffs are a bit undersized compared to today's 1/8th buggies? I realize that the current GT8's, the Ofna's and Kyosho are based on buggies from about the same vintage as my Mugen. So if they don't have problems, I don't think my Mugen will?

Any and all input is welcome.
Old 02-23-2012, 09:50 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Shawn_S
Hey guys! I am getting into on-road, as a new track is opening near me. Anyway I have an old Mugen MBX4-RR that's been sitting for many years. I've been thinking about turning it into a GT8 car. I would e-convert as well.

My question/concern is back when I used to drive the buggy, it was mostly bashing on pavement. And that lead to the center diff (the internal bevel gears) stripping. Happened twice. Granted that was general thrashing/speed runs, and I was much younger so who knows what diff oil I had (if any) in there....

I am wondering if this is just going to be a continuing problem, since the diffs are a bit undersized compared to today's 1/8th buggies? I realize that the current GT8's, the Ofna's and Kyosho are based on buggies from about the same vintage as my Mugen. So if they don't have problems, I don't think my Mugen will?

my ofna gtp2e didn't come with a center different and from reading the thread here, most don't recommend one either...
Old 02-23-2012, 11:34 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

I'd try rebuilding it and carefully inspect the diff housing and bevel gears for any slop. Replace the housing/gears if necessary and try using shims to get the gears to mesh closer. Fill them up w/ 100k diff fluid and give it a go!
Old 03-04-2012, 04:11 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 46 (100%+)

For those of us NOT in the 12 month summer region of the country: anyone getting some new electric GT8 cars together???

My next project (after I finish the electric 1/8 buggy on my bench) will be to get started on my Losi L8ight model conversion.... BUT, our 'season' doesn't start until the end of May so even I can get it done by then!

About the only show around this area is the Heart of America Series - which has been going strong since 1971!
Old 03-04-2012, 08:59 AM
Tech Addict

Heads up for anyone looking for a 1/8th GT car. I'm gonna be selling my 2 speed Tekno conversion DM1 either as a roller or RTR. I'v only e run 3 packs through it.Let me know if you'd like details before I post to the for sale forum.

Clay
Attached Thumbnails GT8 Class--buggy-based on road electric!-imag0224.jpg   GT8 Class--buggy-based on road electric!-img_1938.jpg   GT8 Class--buggy-based on road electric!-img_2180.jpg  
Old 03-04-2012, 06:49 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Chris K
For those of us NOT in the 12 month summer region of the country: anyone getting some new electric GT8 cars together???
I live in a 12 month summer region, but I'm starting one now.

Going to be GT2 wheelbase (360'ish mm wheelbase). Based on a Tekno Mugen MBX5T e-conversion kit, and then mostly MBX6 parts. I have the Tekno kit now, waiting to find an MBX6 at a good price. Hoping to use only bolt-on parts, the only thing custom will have to be shock towers.
Old 03-05-2012, 01:55 PM
Tech Regular

Going to be GT2 wheelbase (360'ish mm wheelbase). Based on a Tekno Mugen MBX5T e-conversion kit,".....the only thing custom will have to be shock towers.
You can use the ones from SNR. That's what I use for my MBX6 to MBGT conversion. They are lower and nice CF. I still need shorter shocks though.
Old 03-22-2012, 07:11 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 43 (100%+)

Is this thread dead? Has anyone converted their Losi 8ight to 2 speed electric. I'd like to see pics please.
Old 03-22-2012, 07:20 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by J-milz
Is this thread dead? Has anyone converted their Losi 8ight to 2 speed electric. I'd like to see pics please.
im in the process may need to talk to rc-monster mike to go over how to massage it in
Old 03-27-2012, 05:29 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by J-milz
Actually I'm planning to leave mine single speed - as a first effort and since I'm not a really great on road racer I figure this makes the most sense FOR ME... But, I know (further back in thread) that some guys have converted them with the 2 speed!

And, it's getting close to the start of our season here in the Midwest so I suppose I should really get off my butt and get it built!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.