R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Nomadio Sensor
Thread: Nomadio Sensor
View Single Post
Old 09-14-2008, 08:43 AM
Relay8039
Tech Initiate

Default Nomadio

The React and the sensor are pretty cool. The telemtry really helps. I always know the reciever battery voltage and the motor temp. When the telemetry sensors reach preset levels I have a specific vibration frequency and a music tone. I normally can not hear the tone, but I can always feel the vibration. It is light weight but feels a little cheap. The radio is a little more simple b/c system is software based. During practice I can plug the transmitter into my laptop and record telemetry. With a computer timer I can record track times and engine temps.

I have found that I am able to better tune the mill to a track. When I tune to a high speed pass on the high needle and the tune low speed needle to help throttle response I find I run a little cool and rich on short tracks and a little hot on long legged tracks. This allows me to call out tune changes without getting off the track during practice. In the pit during a race you have to live with what you got, b/c you do not have time to make changes. But if my alarms are reached I know I need to back off the throttle. The timer on the reciever is nice, because I also get an pit alarm. I hit the button in the pits and it resets. Once it counts down to the right time I get another special vibration so I know it is time to pit. I wish it had a connection for a head set so I could hear all my messages better over the whining of the track noise.