R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - long chassis forward battery
View Single Post
Old 12-05-2011, 02:11 PM
NitroXray80809
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Originally Posted by gameholic2
my guess was that the longer chassis favors high grip tracks while the short one works best in low grip conditions? i see mugen for example selling the new mbx6 with the long chassis is the long chassis better overall than the short one?

how does a long chassis differ from a long wheelbase?

where does the forward battery placement come into all of this??

please share your knowledge and first hand experiences.

Thank you.
Alot feel the +5mm mugen chassis a hit and miss prefrence. The plus 5 is suppost to make the car better in a way or driving and more predictable but can cause a slack on steering. But there are set up sheets for the +5 to get the width almost back to FACTORY m spec. The batt forward is a all around positive. Since iv'e owned a mugen all the batt forward tray has done was make me love my buggy even more. It helpes steering and just all around handling of the car so much more then it already handles. The tray is a must have, the chassis isn't needed but i would say yes get it just to keep up to date and have fresh sheets to get it dialed in. The chassis isn't really made on grip/traction it works great with both but tighter tracks and small the stock chassis could help more... Longer wheel badse on a buggy isn't really good can cause alot of lack in steering.