R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Anyone run ACME brand?, Bad experience!
View Single Post
Old 12-04-2011, 07:55 PM
ratjayfala
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by paulh617
This is 217 USD. Fairly cheap if it was upto the job but a complete waste of cash when it isnt. Ive thort about selling it but wont get even 20% of my cash back the way it is and cant justify buying a brand new Hpi aswell meaning i would have dont almost $700 in 1 week getting into nitro!!! :O dont want to quit the hobby b4 ive started tho
Forget all the cryptic comments mate. Basically it's a POS. Sorry dude but I wouldn't waste another cent on it personally. If you really want to get into the hobby you have to ask yourself what you think you'll be happy doing. i.e. bashing or racing or bit of both.

If you want to have a bash about and just have some fun in the park you might want to look at an electric RTR 1/10th stadium truck like the slash. There is a class to race these cars as well although depending on where you live it may or may not be a popular class. I've got the AE one and it's been pretty good fun. If you think you may want to have a race or two and 1/8th nitro appeals to you then maybe a losi RTR. Had a few of those down at our local track and they seem pretty good but you may need to upgrade the servos on this one in the future. If you’re sure you want to get out and race and think you'll be in the hobby for a while then save your bickies and maybe buy a kit\motor\radio gear etc etc etc however the $'s add up pretty quickly.

Big thing when buying any car is parts availability so make sure you can get spares. Every car will have its good and bad points as well but you can't go far wrong with "most" of the big brands although you really should have a read through the forums to get a feel for which cars may be more difficult to setup than others. Personally I run the MP9 and just love it. Best car I've ever driven but its also at the expensive end of the spectrum. Like someone else mentioned, you get what you pay for (sometimes:-)

Do your homework before you buy something mate otherwise you’ll end up burning several hundred more than you already have.

If I had that car of your's I'd be on the phone to the importer and put a rocket up em. If you bought it on-line from China or somewhere then your probably shit outa luck.