R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Team Associated TC6 Thread
View Single Post
Old 12-01-2011, 08:48 AM
Rick Hohwart
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by R Doyel
Hey everyone, I was just getting ready to buy the TC6 when I started watching this thread. I'm glad I saw that the 6.1 is coming out before I bought it. However, I've been watching closely and haven't noticed any specific release date. I've seen "December" but does anyone know more specifically? My wallet is burning a hole in my pocket
The hope is that some will start moving out tomorrow but next week for sure. It usually takes a couple of weeks for cars to make their way into hobby shops. I suggest that you pre-order one from your local hobby shop.

Originally Posted by Asharus
I should have my AE gear diff today, but I'm trying to decide whether or not to replace the slipper spool up front with either the new spool or another gear diff. What would you guys recommend for an indoor high grip techincal ozite track? I'm planning on starting with 30wt shock fluid for the rear gear diff.
30wt is good for the rear diff.

The new spool is more reliable than the slipper spool but when the slipper spool works correctly, you probably would not notice the difference between the two on track. Changing to a gear diff in the front will make a greater difference in performance so I would go with the second gear diff. If you prefer the spool you can wait and upgrade to the new spool later on down the road.