R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Team Associated TC6 Thread
View Single Post
Old 11-28-2011, 10:59 PM
FrankH
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Jonesy112
I have been running mine for right at a year, and I only had one issue with bent bulkheads once, and it was a HARD impact straight to the back when I was running a 4 turn mod motor on a 200ft straight. clipped the inside wall and backed it in at the end of the straight without slowing down. To be honest it was such a hard hit im surprised it only bent the bulkheads

I havent seen anyone else have an issue with bending them, so I dont think it is an issue with this car (any more than it would be with any other car)

If your motor mount is bent for sure, its possible it bent all four bulkheads. It may have been a harder hit than you thought, or just caught at the right angle to cause some unlikely bending of the components.
been there, did it, got a T-Shirt

Well, had bent bulkheads twice- One when a young kid thought its a good idea to set his car on the fast straight on our race track just in front of my TC6 approaching on full Throttle running Modified 4,5T and the second time when I had a very optimistic turn-in point at the end of the same straight that kicked me in the wall backwards.

Both crashes been very hard .

Well, if I had crashed that hard with my previous car (HB TCX) I would have needed way more than a Bulkhead.